Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: 1) Single Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 825 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 856 reviews
on January 4, 2013
The product does what it's supposed to do, and for a reasonable cost. Only one quibble, and since there aren't any reasonable alternatives, it's hard to fault the manufacturer: The "window" through which you look to see your camera controls is made of a vinyl, typically called Eisenglass by boaters (since the material is widely used in windows in boat canvas items). It's prone to drying out, becoming cloudy and/or scratched, cracking (especially in cold weather), and developing more or less permanent creases when folded for too long. So my advice is to make sure the item is folded/stored in such a way that the window is as flat as possible, and keep it from drying out as much as possible. (Relatively inexpensive commercial products for this, including polishes and cleaners, are available from many boating supply stores.)

UPDATE: As I starting using this, and as I believe one reviewer noted, the end of one of the cords used to secure the device around the arms or the camera lens untied, and the round metal retaining ball on the end fell off. It was a relatively simple fix, but somewhat annoying nonetheless.
44 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've added pictures to show the nice fit, even using a 300mm telephoto with Wimberly head. This rain coat rocks!

You'll see various views, even using the back lifted up as I like to get close to the camera for viewing through the viewfinder. There are all of the possibilities available with this rain cover. I did not use the hands through the side access sleeves as that is too clinical unless there were buckets of rain coming down. At some point, you just have to decide for yourself and keeping the camera dry is what this rain coat does very well. The strap inside the lens sleeve seems to be in the way and I'm considering cutting it off as a nuisance.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
I'm a commercial photographer who has to shoot in rain/snow just a few times a year. In the past I've improvised protection for my camera/lens by using an old wp nylon rain shell draped over my tripod-mounted camera, and it has "worked" (no damage, got the shots). But managing the jacket while shooting has always been a pain, and not all that responsible a way to treat ~$5k of equipment, even though it's weather sealed (Nikon D800 with f/2.8 24-70mm lens). So I finally decided to invest in a real rain cover. I was amazed to find such a wide range of prices, especially given the apparent similarity of design. This one looked about as good as others costing over $100, so I figured I'd give it a try. I am not disappointed. I've shot in two snowy/sleety sessions with it and have been very pleased. It's easy to manage/use, keeps out the rain and snow perfectly while allowing easy access and ventilation for the camera, and seems to be well made. I don't see any reason to spend more.

I also got a 2-pack of the OP/Tech 18" rainsleeves for $6. For $3 each, they are not a bad "emergency" solution. But it seems like they would be very easy to puncture and might steam up. I also find the inside diameter a bit snug on my camera, and that the lens opening end did not grip my lens hood well. I had to loop the drawstring over the side petals of the hood, and was worried about the extra plastic entering the field of view. I am much happier with the $20 cover here.
33 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2015
A lot bigger and bulkier than I expected but it does its job. It's hard to use with a remote because the sensor is covered (at least on my d3200), and there isn't a easy solution if you want to use the flash and a tripod because there is only one zipper opening in the middle. Plastic backing on the screen side is convenient if you like using the live screen function, it just makes it a little more difficult to use the viewfinder. But I've used it in rain and snow and it doesn't leak. Easier to use with a fixed distance lens like the 35mm or 50mm; for example, it's a little difficult to extend a 18-55mm lens with the cover on.
on March 22, 2017
Anti-slip lens grip and Velcro tightening mechanism make attaching to and keeping the cover in place a snap. Easy access side sleeves make camera operation easy and convenient. Large viewing window allows for making camera adjustments quickly and easily. Slight trade-off for full cover protection - no cutout for view finder. This makes for superior protection from the elements - but can make viewing and focusing on your subject a bit of a challenge. Heavy weight nylon also provides excellent protection - but is bulkier and requires more space than lighter weight and more compact covers. Overall, a solid cover for the travel and outdoor photographer for whom space is not the primary consideration.
on March 9, 2016
I was SOOOO excited for this thing, it was ridiculous. I bought it specifically for a Sony A77 with a zoom lens to use while traveling in Europe and Asia. It spontaneously rains a lot where I went.

And this thing failed hard. I mean HARD. I couldn't get the zipper to stay closed. I couldn't keep the cover on the lens or the lens hood. This whole thing was MASSIVE compared to my camera.
on August 27, 2012
I just got this one and it works great. The product quality is very good, no crappy plastic at all! Zippers are working smoothly! Tested on 5D MK-II with 24-105L and 100mm L Macro both working great.
This is one of those products that you don't know you need until you actually need it. There isn't really anything special about it..it just works. However you tend to feel differently if you actually need one and don't have it. It's plastic and protects everything that I need it to protect. It fits fairly well..not perfect but it's manageable. Overall i'd recommend this if you do any shooting in the rain..or even if you don't :)
on February 3, 2016
Didn't have a waterproof cover before and was using a gallon Ziploc. This is way better and seems to function very well. The hand holes are a nice addition - some of the others did not have that feature.
on March 15, 2017
Great Price and you get two, Little awkward at first, but it has many benefits too, camera fits in unit nicely, doesn't matter which lens is used, the camera and lens will stay dry with or without using a tripod. You are limited to your imagination. Well worth the money.