Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 163 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 172 reviews
I've used this to store my cards in for almost a year now and it's fine. It does the job. However, like other reviewers have stated, the cards can come loose in there. Just shooting some pics for this review I opened it up and one of the cards was loose. I left it so you could see what I am talking about. The water tight seal works..Found out the hard way when I spilled a bottle of water on my desk and everything inside was dry.

PROS▶ Sturdy plastic ▶ Tight water seal ▶ Large snap closure ▶ Fits different size cards
CONS▶ It doesn't hold the cards perfect everytime. The larger cards seem to stay put pretty good but the others are always loose when I open it.

I hope this review helps and happy shopping!!
review image review image review image
on March 18, 2014
heavy duty but the inside rubber is so rigid, that when I inserted my SD card it popped it in two. Never really thought about it but the card itself is pretty brittle, thin plastic, so when I pressed it in, the memory card came apart at the seams, rendering it useless. Ironically, I want something to protect my cards, and I break it by using this very thing. And I've never damaged a card prior.
on May 21, 2015
To be honest, this is a fairly large case. It seems well made; and floated plus the inside stayed dry when dropped into water. However, because of its color do not expect to see it at any distance or in choppy water. A fluorescent-orange would be better. I also had some trouble getting my SDXC cards to stay in their respective holders. The retention plastic would grip the cards better were it designed better.

A couple of good shakes and at least one or two of the cards popped loose. Drop it edge-onto a hard surface and I can almost guarantee most or even all of the cards will pop out of their slots. The case will stay closed, at least mine did; but none of the 4 cards I had in the case stayed put.
on March 9, 2017
This thing is very protective but very bulky.

Pros:
Very strong. I feel like I could drive over it or send it down Niagara Falls and my pics would be safe.
Clip is handy for attaching to backpack

Cons:
Heavy. If you are trying to stay light for a hike or something, this thing will definitely add some weight.
Stiff inside. The rubber inside is very stiff and I feel like if I force the card into it hastily I may actually crack the card.

Summary:
Does the job, but it feels like overkill, and as someone who hikes a lot I don't like the extra weight.
Enthusiast: Photographyon December 7, 2015
Quality construction. Strong latch. Padded interior. Good size--large enough to easily locate in the camera bag but still fairly compact. Good capacity.
Works just as well as the more expensive brands. Ordering more soon since i added more cards
on January 13, 2015
very large footprint. but appears to be rugged. I will not use it. Ordered a smaller one.
Enthusiast: Photographyon December 15, 2013
It is 3x as large as it needs to be for storing only SD cards. The molded rubber has slots that are designed to hold either a full size CompactFlash card or a single SD size card. If you carry both types in one case this would be OK but if you keep them separate and have the smallest case for each this case is not the one to buy.

The Ruggard Memory Case that holds 8 SD cards is what will be replacing this case.
on January 21, 2014
like the seal and clasp but the SD cards fall out inside if you do not press them in very carefully. Is designed for dual type cards so maybe good for someone else. It works but will see how I like in a few months.
on June 18, 2015
I would not trust this case to keep my camera memory cards dry at all. The day I received it I removed the inserts and put a wad of toilet paper inside. Then I ran water over it from my kitchen sink faucet. It leaked. The paper was not totally soaked, but then I didn't hold it under the flow very long. I did rotate it around while holding it under the flow. I did this three times. Enough water leaked in to create an undesirable humid environment if left in the sun for a short time. I really bought this with the intent of using it as a water wallet while snorkeling. I studied the photos online and it seems to have a really decent gasket so I gave it a shot even though it is advertised as being "water resistant" not "waterproof". Close inspection of the gasket and upper lid edges that make contact with the gasket shows no defects. It just doesn't keep water out. The only "water resistant" ability of this case lies with its material (being plastic and silicone as oppose to leather, etc.). Other than that it looks and feels like a well made case. The hinge looks and feels sturdy. The latch has resistance when closing and it feels as though it would not leak, but it did and I am not sure why. I submitted a request for a return.
As i expected seller refused return and probably rightfully so because they never said it was "waterproof" just "water resistant". Upon learning this I decided to remove the gasket and lay in some latex bath and tub sealant that I had laying around. I applied it to the bottom portion of the gasket that stays attached to the body of the case. A day later I submerged it in a pan of water with a coffee cup holding it under and came back in an hour. The toilet paper was dry. The case did not leak. The sealant I use was a water based sealant. If I were to do this again I would use a silicone based sealant. FYI
Spent a day at a local hotel with a pool. Wrapped my room key card in a facial tissue and carried this in my zippered swim suit pocket. After a couple of hours I checked it and the tissue was dry. Event is similar to snorkeling.