Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on May 17, 2009
I read all the reviews before purchasing and I was a little worried about what I was going to get for under $20.

I can assure you that what I got is something amazing. As other reviewers said, it doesn't do much in just plain water. But, if you add a few drops of dishwasher soap and warm water....WOW!!!

It cleaned up my wife's diamond ring and earrings so that they looked like we just bought them that day from the jeweler. Maybe even better if that is possible!

I was so addicted to seeing things come out cleaner than I can ever remember that I then threw pretty much anything in the house that would fit into the thing with surprising results every time: Keys, glasses, watches, pocket knives, coins, letter opener, cellphone (just kidding) etc. After I was done with all that, I took it to my family's houses and cleaned everything in their houses that would fit! Unbelievable results again every time. After everyone stopped making fun of me for being a male obsessed with cleaning women's jewelry, I decided to write this ridiculously positive review.

There is NO WAY jewelry can get any cleaner than after a few cycles in this thing with soap and warm water. Don't waste your money on a more expensive unit (as I almost did).

The only thing I can't speak to is reliability. Since I just got the thing a few days ago I am not sure how it will hold up. It feels like good quality but who knows about the electronics. I will update this review if/when the thing stops working. But even if it gives me a year of use its still way cheaper than most the other alternatives that had decent reviews.

So far so AMAZING!

And most importantly:
***DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME USING THIS THING WITHOUT A FEW DROPS OF SOME KIND OF GENTLE DETERGENT OR PRODUCT MADE FOR CLEANING JEWELRY***
2222 comments| 952 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 22, 2017
Got this 5 yrs ago and it cleaned really well. I used it maybe twice a yr. now, I turn it on and nothing happens except the blue light is on. There isn’t that shaking vibrating thing it used to do to clean it so I thought hmmm well maybe it was just the solution you buy to clean it. It’s been soaking in the solution for 20 min now and it hasn’t gotten clean at all. So, I guess the machine itself does all the cleaning work!
Top Contributor: Petson December 29, 2016
This was purchaced for my dad as a present. He loves it. He picks up things at flea markets and sorts the trash from the treasure. He is excited to use this cleaner on those items. In the mean time he has tried it on all of his jewelry... some of which has set in stones...and is very pleased with the results. He added a cap of cleaner to the water.
on January 4, 2017
I have owned this unit for close to 2 years now. Still works beautifully and I have not regretted purchase. Highly recommend!
on June 12, 2017
Works just like the jewelry store, but at home! I purchased the Blitz Cleaner Concentrate to go with it and use it on my vintage jewelry as well as my newer pieces with diamonds and precious stones. I've never had a problem and have used it for years. LOVE IT!!
on March 14, 2017
Received this yesterday, quick service. I cleaned my wedding rings and they came out so shiny and looking brand-new. I can't wait to try cleaning other things in this magnificent little machine. I don't know why I haven't purchased this sooner. Definitely recommend!
on July 31, 2017
This product is amazing. I safely clean my new engagement ring once/twice per week while I shower and its done within minutes. I did buy cleaner to add to the water but have since learned a few drops of gentle soap works just as well. I have also cleaned glasses/ sunglasses/earings/ necklaces etc anything and everything and it shines like new. The run cycle only takes 3 minutes and if you want a little more hit the button again and let it run through the cycle again. You can also see through the top and watch the utrasonic waves cleaning your precious pieces.
on August 18, 2017
I always wanted one of these and was so happy to find this affordable unit for cleaning my diamond ring. It does a great job and couldn't be any easier to use. I followed the advise of some reviewers to use a little dish soap and the results are stunning.
on January 26, 2015
Just got engaged, wanted to keep my ring sparkling and this does the job. Other jewelry too. Be careful to NOT put certain stones in it. I put in a beautiful dark piece of turquoise not thinking about its hardness and it got a few tiny white spots in it. I use a waterpic and decided to remove the pic and put the rest of the pic holder in the cleaner. The top didn't close all the way but that's OK, it still works. I was shocked to see how much brown gook came out of the pic holder. Thank God I tried my experiment and now I use it for anything I can possibly think of, where gook can hide, like the head of my sonicare toothbrush.
on January 5, 2013
When I ordered this I was not so sure if it really cleaned but it does clean, in fact my gold jewellery that I have had for years including my wedding diamond rings I have had for twenty years! Never bothered cleaning I felt too lazy to brush it with a toothpaste but always wished it would shine like the first day I bought it. The first time I used this machine I put water and a couple of drops of liquid soap and the first round was good but not good enough so I decided to start again and again after 3 rounds it was shining like new!! I am happy with it that's why I gave it 4 stars not five because you have to run it longer for it to clean thoroughly. Hope this helps you guys!!