From the Back Cover
Master WordPress development with this top-rated guide
Professional WordPress Design and Development has been a favorite resource of developers since the first edition in 2010. Now fully updated for the current WordPress release, this 3rd edition offers new coverage of migrating websites to WordPress, the latest tools, and cutting edge uses for WordPress. You'll gain insight into real projects that currently use WordPress as an application framework, as well as the basic usage and functionality of the system from a developer's perspective. Detailed information and real-world examples will help you use the world's largest self-hosted website platform efficiently, effectively, and professionally.
Professional WordPress Design and Development
- Clearly explains and demonstrates timeless WordPress fundamentals, no matter what version
- Gets you quickly up to speed on the new tools and features of WordPress
- Explores new uses for WordPress, illustrated with real-world projects
- Demonstrates how to efficiently migrate existing websites to WordPress
- Presents new ideas and expert perspectives on full system exploitation
- Offers techniques for crafting the best user experience, securing WordPress, managing data, and determining when WordPress is the right tool
- Provides everything you need to understand, develop, and deploy successful WordPress sites
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Brad Williams is the cofounder of WebDevStudios.com and AppPresser.com, a cohost of the DradCast WordPress podcast, and the coauthor of Professional WordPress Plugin Development.
David Damstra is Vice President of Marketing Services and Creative Director for CU*Answers where his team of developers empowers clients with WordPress.
Hal Stern is an IT executive with a major healthcare company. He is coauthor of Blueprints for High Availability, also from Wiley.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.