- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 2 edition (April 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118391845
- ISBN-13: 978-1118391846
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#855,102 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #434 in Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Programming & App Development
- #904 in Books > Textbooks > Computer Science > Software Design & Engineering
- #1995 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Professional iOS Database Application Programming 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Valuable tools, techniques, and APIs for application development
If you are an experienced developer interested in building data- centric applications for the iPhone and iPad, then this is the book for you. Packed with new and revised material, this must-have book is structured to correspond with the flow of data in an enterprise application. Veteran author Patrick Alessi begins by showing you how to get data out of a large-scale database, get it on the device, and display it. He then explains how to create data directly on the device, get data out of the device, and communicate with web services. By the end of the book, you will be able to confidently implement a data driven application for the iPhone and iPad and integrate an iOS application within an existing enterprise system.
Professional iOS Database Application Programming:
- Includes new material, including completely rebuilt code, screenshots, and full coverage of new features pertaining to database programming and enterprise integration in iOS 6
- Shows you how to store data using SQLite, model and manage data using Core Data API, and take advantage of the built-in capabilities of the iPhone and iPad
- Covers UITableView control extensively, including different strategies for customizing the display of your data
- Addresses handling and creating XML on the iPhone
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Patrick Alessi creates data-centric applications for clients ranging from small businesses to the United States Air Force. He created the popular MotivationalQuotes app, as well as CNotes. He is the author of Professional iPhone and iPad Database Application Programming and Beginning iOS Game Development. Currently, he focuses his efforts on the promise of mobility and connected applications for mobile devices.
Top customer reviews
What this book is not is a beginner programming book. If you are just starting out in any with any sort of C and object based programming get "Big Nerd Ranch" series.