Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Professionalism in Healthcare: A Primer for Career Success (3rd Edition)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on March 28, 2012
One teeth-grinding feature of this book is Ms. Makely's constant habit of putting quotes around phrases (e.g., "prove yourself", "free labor", "press your buttons") -- phrases that don't need quotes. Someone needs to tell her that this has the effect in readers' minds of casting doubt on whatever is being said -- it's as though she's saying, "I don't believe what I'm writing" or maybe "I think what I am writing here is beneath me, but I'll write it anyway."

Another (and probably worse) is the tendency to lecture as though her audience is a bunch of PINS (persons in need of supervision), especially the places where she lobs rhetorical question after rhetorical question, implying the reader is no doubt the laziest, sloppiest person imaginable. These harangues are insulting and disrespectful.

Finally, the CD is out of date -- it claims to work on a Macintosh, but it sure doesn't on mine.
on October 19, 2008
I think the book is okay but too expensive for the size and the information it has. I already had a professionalism class that was basically the same thing, just not a medical version.I found Therapeutic Communications to be a better book.
on January 27, 2015
I needed this book for a class. I don't really care about the material in the book, seeing as I'm a broke college student I was just looking for the best deal out there and a 7 dollar book in very good condition seemed like the best deal out there. It came a day early and in better condition than I imagined. Overall very satisfied.
on March 19, 2010
I needed this book for a class. The book was fine but the CD that came with it was terrible. It didn't save or print my work. It kept freezing and an error message kept popping up. Once the error message popped up it would kick me out and every time I tried to get back on it it would keep kicking me out. Some other students in my class was having the same problem.
on December 3, 2012
I got this book for a class that I am taking online and so far it seems to be very helpful. Classes have not started yet and I have read the first chapter already and was easy to follow and understand. the shipper was on time and thank you
on June 15, 2012
The book is as expected, all common sense. Unfortunately it's always assigned reading, but it's a quick read at least.
on January 16, 2011
I had to get this book for one of my classes. The thing I don't like about this book is the review questions at the end of each chapter. It is really hard to understand exactly what the questions are looking for. One of the questions says list 5 things, but there are 6 things spelled out for you. Also, I really think the cd is dumb! It works well in my computer (I noticed a few reviews said it does not work. I just think it does not help you learn anything at all. If I did not have to buy this product I would not recommend it for a teacher to buy for their class.
on October 3, 2011
This book provides entry-level concepts on professionalism at workplace. I would definitely recommend it and it does not cost a lot anyways.
on October 29, 2013
This was cheaper here than at the college campus bookstore. It was just what I needed for class.. I have no complaints or concerns.
on March 14, 2016
This book was not really the right book I needed for my class.