- File Size: 13739 KB
- Print Length: 280 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: FT Press; 1 edition (December 1, 2011)
- Publication Date: December 1, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132869829
- ISBN-13: 978-0132869829
- ASIN: B006GFUS50
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,622,239 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #549 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Quality Control
- #862 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- #1969 in Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Quality Control & Management > Quality Control
A Professional's Guide to Decision Science and Problem Solving: An Integrated Approach for Assessing Issues, Finding Solutions, and Reaching Corporate Objectives (FT Press Operations Management) Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The real value of this book is as a "how-to" for an executive who does not have the time nor the inclination to read voluminous texts with many equations. The busy executive has a real focus on strategic and tactical issues necessary for business success, not academic rigor. How to keep a Board of Directors and stockholders happy.
It's not flashy, it's not impressive with a vast array of equations, nice picturs and graphs. What it does is put things into the real-world practicalities of step-by-step approaches to make good decisions. Not rocket science but my experience is that in the real-world it takes a bit of hard work to make really good, informed decisions. It is short and to the point with little fluff.
Please don't misinterpret what I say here. Academic rigor is vitally important and is the necessary first step. But, once that rigor is passed then follow-on books, such as this one, can simplify the process into something that someone can use in the practicalities of real-world business.
I see the busy executive using this book to help guide them in two things: a) get practical end-to-end basics, and then b) obtain and direct resources necessary to execute the process. The executive will not be the one executing this process; instead, the executive will be the one making sure that the process is performed and that it delivers information that the executive needs to make rational decisions based upon a comprehensive understanding of the business and facts.Read more ›
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Quality Control & Management > Quality Control
- Books > Business & Money > Skills > Decision Making
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Quality Control