Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Program For You: A Guide To the Big Book's Design For Living
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 7, 2000
A very readable, thorough, and helpful overview of the AA Big Book. This is actually a textual version of the well known weekend long Big Book Study seminars given by two gentlemen who shall remain anonymous as in the book. I found this to be a great way to delve into the Big Book again and look at it in a structured fashion. Once you are finished with this book you will have learned about the history of AA, the history of the Big Book, read the Big Book, and actually studied the Big Book. It also contains general information on the disease of alcoholism. I believe that this is a refreshing look at the Big Book and will lead you on the path that the original AA members intended for you to follow. Most AA members at some time feel that they have received most of the information that the Big Book has to offer, this book will give you a new plan to study the Big Book and will renew your interest in the wonderful program of AA.
on September 13, 2005
I had the privilege to attend the weekend workshop on which this book is based about six years ago. It was a life-changing experience for me in my recovery from food addiction. This book is almost a word-for-word replica of that workshop (and was approved by the leaders of the workshop). For anyone struggling to understand the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, read this book immediately. It is true to the heart and soul of the "big Book" and completely modernizes the information so that it's easy to understand in today's world.
on January 18, 2009
This book brings a depth of insight into The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. Very readable, practical, and true to the intent of AA. I highly recommend that all AAs have this book in their library to read over and over and to use as a reference. I wore one copy out and have purchased a new one.
on February 8, 2015
Deeper, more thought provoking and thorough. I have used several methods and I use this in conjunction with the Big Book and 12&12 now. It gets through :-) and if it gets through, it has a pretty good chance of sinking in!
on December 6, 2013
I absolutely love this book. This is the third copy that I have bought. I keep giving them away! This book is one of the best ways that I know to increase your understanding of the big book. All the way through, Big book pages are noted in the margins. This makes it easy to go back and forth. Great Book!
on August 20, 2015
This is a wonderful supplement to the Big Book!. It is very helpful by listing the pages of the Big Big to use when it refers to various topics. It also has useful tips and perspectives on the topics from the anonymous authors!. I ordered seven copies to use is our men's discussiopn group! It was well received.
on April 11, 2011
This book is a "must have" for all those that follow the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step program for recovery. The analysis of the Big Book as well as the detailed explanation of the steps make it easy to follow.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 5, 2014
This is Joe and Charlie material and I love their stuff. We have a meeting nearby and that is why I bought this guide. Whether you go to an organized meeting or not, this is a great supplement to the Big Book or set of Joe and Charlie tapes.
on April 2, 2013
I had previously owned this book, but had given it to a friend. My father requested it and I found a seller that was honest and fair. It was received at his home, per my request, in top-notch condition. Shipping & handling were fair for the services rendered.
on June 15, 2015
I bought 6 of them for myself and some men I work the big book with, so far we love it but just got started i wish they would let me review it in four or five months when I where finished going through it.