& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
About the product
- Configure up to 18 personalized presets to optimize game, chat and mic audio for different gaming situations
- Pairing Bluetooth Wireless Chat allows you to chat wirelessly on the PlayStation Network
- Widen or narrow the sound field to focus on sound cues that are difficult to hear-like footsteps sneaking up on you
- Disguise your voice by changing the sound from deep lows to screeching highs
- Enjoy total silence by eliminating ambient noise pickup on your mic and cutting background noise from PSN or Xbox LIVE chat sound
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
To compete with the best players, you need the best equipment. PX51 gives you the Turtle Beach audio advantage with interference-free, Dual-Band Wi-Fi Wireless and powerful, Dual-Stage Audio Processing for immersive Dolby Digital Surround Sound.
Stream music to your headset via Bluetooth, enjoy incredible theatre audio with the new Movie preset and take your headset anywhere connected to your phone, tablet or portable game system. With up to 15 hours of continuous play from the rechargeable battery, you'll play longer and rise to the top of the leaderboards even faster. With over 35 years of audio experience, the PX51 is the most advanced gaming audio system Turtle Beach has ever created.
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage
Turtle Beach's revolutionary digital signal processor allows gamers to enhance and personalize the entire gaming audio experience with fully customizable game, chat and mic signals with the creation of audio presets. The custom audio presets stored in the Ear Force PX5 headset can be selected during specific parts of the game to emphasize any sound for a competitive advantage or deeper immersion experience. Download the Turtle Beach-created audio presets for all the top game titles out or get the audio presets developed by your peers from the Turtle Beach website to fully equip yourself to be able to hear everything and defeat everyone.
Ear Force PX51 Key Features
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound: 360 degree audio to pinpoint the direction of every sound
- Truly Wireless Chat: Enjoy complete wireless freedom with no chat cables using Bluetooth for PSN Chat
- Audio Presets: From the only company offering game-specific sound enhancements
- Play on Anything: Never have teammates drowned out by loud, sudden noises
- Stream your Music and Answer Calls: Swap game audio with music and never miss calls via Bluetooth
- Dynamic Chat Boost: Never have teammates drowned out by loud, sudden noises.
Pinpoint the direction of every sound with amazing accuracy using the 360 degree 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound that is packed into the PX5.
Cord Free Entertainment
Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for any chat cables using Bluetooth for chat on PlayStation Network.
Turtle Beach allows you to enhance various game sounds for a competitive advantage or deeper immersion via 18 pre-installed switchable audio presets.
Go from a console player on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 to a PC or Mac gamer to playing on your smartphone, tablet or mobile gaming device and back again quickly.
Play Your Music and Never Miss Calls
Take advantage of Bluetooth and you can replace the game soundtrack with your own music or take phone calls while never leaving the game.
Advanced Chat Technology
Turtle Beach offers chat volume that automatically increases as the game volume gets louder so your teammates are never drowned out by sudden explosions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The one thing I wanted to share were two points about the setup process and how to integrate this into your existing home theatre for those of you who use your PS3 as the DVD/Blu-ray player in your Home Theatre.
For both of these points it's important to first understand the wire connections between the PX5 to your PS3. You'll use:
(1) the included toslink cable to connect your PS3 optical audio out to the PX5 optical audio port;
(2) the included USB cable to connect an open PS3 USB jack to the PX5 power jack (this one kind of stinks because USB is on the front of your PS3 which makes hiding the wires a bit harder).
The instructions for the PX5 are not completely clear on the fact that there are 2 steps to getting the Audio and Voice Chat to work. Which, if you're like me, will mean you'll start up COD and end up with a very nice headset for chat but hear no game sounds.
1) For voice chat, the instructions are out of order - you first Bluetooth pair the PX5 headset to your PS3 (using the provided instructions and the PS3 menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Manage Bluetooth Devices); and THEN set your PS3 to use the PX5 headset for voice chat (using the provided instructions and the PS3 menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings). Don't be confused that the Audio Device Settings having the Output Device means you'll get the game sounds through the headphones - this only sends chat output to the headphones.
2) For game/movie audio output, if your PS3 is currently hooked up to your TV or Home Theater using only HDMI cable or AV Multi connector you likely have no audio coming to the headset or at best you will have downgraded 2-channel audio coming to the headset. You have to modify the Sound Settings to send surround sound to the Optical audio output jack (using PS3 menu Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings and setting the Digital Out (Optical) to have 5.1 sound coming out). This will also turn off your HDMI / AV Multi sound output meaning your TV/Home Theater go deaf unless you also turn on Audio Multi-Output (using PS3 menu Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Multi-Output). When you enable multi-output, the multi-output can only output surround sound out of a single output at a time and all other outputs get just 2-channel audio.
Which brings me to my second point.
HOME THEATER SETUP:
The PS3 has a limitation to only send digital surround sound output through 1 output at a time: either HDMI or Digital Out (Optical). So if you're currently using your PS3 in your Home Theater and you rely on HDMI cable to send the Audio and Video to your TV / Receiver you're either going to have to keep switching the Audio Output Settings back and forth when you want PS3 to output to Digital Out (so you can use your PX5's) or HDMI (so you can use your Home Theater). OR you can pick up an extra toslink cable (like AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable, 6 Feet) and then read this setup suggestion. The PX5 has an Optical Input and Output jack so you can connect PS3 > toslink > PX5 > toslink > TV/Receiver. Then you can leave your PS3 permanently outputting surround sound to Digital Out (Optical) and your PX5 will forward the signal to your TV/Receiver so it has available surround when you want to listen via your Home Theater.
Hope this helps you avoid a second order if you order the PX5 and extra toslink cable at same time.