- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 3 edition (November 13, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118261364
- ISBN-13: 978-1118261361
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 163 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #33,627 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Programming Interviews Exposed: Secrets to Landing Your Next Job 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Get the job you want by gaining the interview skills you need
Landing a great programming job isn't a matter of luck; it's a matter of being prepared for the unique challenges of the technical job search. Programming interviews require a different set of skills than day-to-day programming, so even expert programmers often struggle if they don't know what to expect. This thoroughly revised and expanded third edition teaches you the skills you need to apply your programming expertise to the types of problems most frequently encountered in interviews at top tech companies today. Step-by-step solutions to an extensive set of sample interview questions simulate the interview experience to hone the skills you've learned. After you've worked through this book, you'll approach your interviews with confidence, knowing you can solve any problem that stands between you and the job you really want.
Programming Interviews Exposed:
- Leads you through the job search process, including the most effective techniques for employing LinkedIn and other social networks
- Teaches you the techniques you need to solve any interview problem
- Illustrates the full thought process of application of these techniques to real interview problems with step-by-step solutions
- Solves each problem with code in C, C++, C# or Java, with emphasis on object-oriented solutions
- Includes new chapters on sorting and design patterns and new questions on 64-bit computing and secure programming practices
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Get the Companion App
Visit piexposed.com/app and download the companion app, which offers helpful tips and reminders for success in your programming interviews.
About the Author
John Mongan is a resident radiologist at UC San Francisco, conducting research in medical informatics. He has a PhD in bioinformatics and several patents on software testing technologies.
Eric Giguere is a software engineer at Google with over 20 years of professional programming experience. He has a master's degree in computer science and is the author of several programming books.
Noah Kindler is VP Technology at the security technology company Avira. He leads software design and development teams across several products with a user base of over 100 million.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews
It covers most important areas that are asked in job interviews.Read more