|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
Programming in the Large with Design Patterns Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The book often refers to "Design Patterns" - Gang of Four however it does not offer the same bulk of patterns, it rather took the ones that need learned first to make the others simpler to understand and also the patterns presented in this book are very mainstream (everyone uses Observer, Template Method, Strategy without even knowing it, well at least that happens to me from time to time).
This book is a must have for any junior software engineer (even senior ones if they have no idea about design patterns).
Code formatting wasn't really well done in the Kindle version, though. Fortunately, the code examples are not very long, so it didn't bother me much.
Would be delighted to see a continuation to this book, with more patterns.
Since long time ago I was trying to learn and understand design patterns, but I didn't succeeded because all books I read were either too technical or too abstract. Although I'm Embedded System designer I have a very strong understanding of oriented designs and oriented language programming (in C++ and C#) it was too hard for me to get into the design patterns.
And then I bought this amazing book, and I was able to understand them since the first one. The author builds every pattern from the ground up (aka antipatterns), so anyone can understand why patterns are important and where patterns fit better. Although I hate Java, all examples are very well structured and are short enough so one cannot lost the focus at anytime.
As a newbie in patterns I strong recommend this books for the people like me that is starting at them. I'm not shure if the book is a good choice for those very experienced programmers.
Hope the author will publish soon a newer book explaining some other patterns, and I also hope he includes the source code in C++ as well (even in an appendix).
- the language is very simple
- the examples are good and clear and simple
- the complications interactions with other patterns and other important points to note are clearly mentioned and in very simple easy to understand manner
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object Oriented Design