Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 751 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 820 reviews
on November 29, 2009
List price is currently $9.95, barely 50 cents per piece, and Amazon's discounts make this set an even better deal. I got it to replace my Oxo Good Grips Soft 6-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Black, which is very solid and has a nice feel but quickly sloughed off its size labels and became discolored. I like this set better.

I appreciate its permanent size labels, molded right into the handles. I like its colors. The storage rings are easy to open, though I prefer to keep my scoops separate. I really, really like the huge range of sizes, and on my very first recipe with them (a cheesecake) I used many of the less-common ones (1/8 tsp, 1/2 tbsp, 2 tsp, and 1 1/2 cup) -- nice to use one scoop instead of two for such things. However, that recipe calls for 1 1/3 cups of sugar, and there's no cup that size. Hardly a big deal, but I want 1 1/3 cups at least as often as the included 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 cup sizes.

The only other negative is that they're pretty light, though admittedly I'm used to the hefty Oxo measures. Just scooping white sugar out of the bag made a cup's handle flex; I'd be careful about scooping anything heavier. They're light enough, too, that a spoon flew free of the dishwasher's silverware rack, and would likely have been toast if my model had an exposed heating element. Load your dishwasher with that in mind.

It's nonetheless a pretty terrific set for the price, and I'm glad I got it.
44 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
When I first saw this set of measure cups and spoons I was so delighted! Finally a set that had all the sizes those of us who do a lot of cooking and baking need! At first I absolutely loved using these, in fact, I loved them so much that I got some for other family members. But over time we have all had the same problem - the handles have broken on the larger cups under normal usage. My first one to break was the two cup size when I was using it to scoop flour for bread making. Not long after that my one cup broke when I was using it to scoop sugar out of my sugar canister. I always wash these out by hand, so they have not even been exposed to a dishwasher, and yet in less than a year's time they have proven to be of poor quality. I am very disappointed, because I loved this set. If only it had proved to be durable!!
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2017
The good: As many have said, the wide range of measurements comes in very handy. They stack well. The different colors do indeed help identifying different sizes (I know the red cups include the 1/2 and 1 cup sizes). And you can't beat the price.

The bad: The handles can break pretty easily. I use the 1 cup and 1/2 cup to scoop out flour from the bag to bake with. Both handles have broken. I would prefer the sizes on the handles to stand out more, however I am happy they arent just painted on as that wears off over time.

Unknown: I can't attest to the melting as I have always washed mine by hand.

If you don't do heavy duty baking, this is a good buy.
review image
on May 14, 2012
No, I did not mistake my Maytag dishwasher for an oven as suggested by a previous comment when someone else pointed out the same issue with melting.

Two of the spoons are now misshapen, the handles are curved preventing them from nesting into the other spoons. One of the cups is also melted inward, almost flat on one side so the measurement is now off. It doesn't matter that they say dishwasher safe...they aren't. I'm replacing them with a better quality set.
VINE VOICEon March 5, 2013
My daughter is collecting items for her unstocked kitchen and we both noticed these here on Amazon. Because of the price, I wasn't too sure they would be a nice product, but they are. I especially appreciate the flat tabs which make these easy to grab.

But there is a feature here that I never dreamed would be this nice - the different colors. While it might look like a design issue, it is much more than that. How many times have you gone to grab a 1/4 and picked up your 1/3 cup instead? With those being different sizes, they are exceptionally easy to identify.

Other than that, there are simply so many different sizes that it just makes it nice! New cooks setting up their own kitchen will appreciate the variety - and the price is right.
on February 27, 2015
I bought this set when I moved to college because my mom has an orange Tupperware set from ages ago that work great, but she wouldn't let me take them with me so I had to buy a new set of my own. One reason I chose this set is because of all the different sizes it comes with. My mom's Tupperware set has a 3/4 cup, which I have realized is difficult to find these days in a basic set and this set had it, along with a 1 1/2, 1 3/4, and 2 cup measuring cups and 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8 teaspoon measuring spoons. I don't use the smaller teaspoons that often, but it is great having measuring cups that are over 1 cup, especially when baking and the recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, etc. The measuring cups and spoons also have the mLs written on them which is helpful for using liquid measurements as well as dry. Another thing I enjoy about this set is the different colors, which helps to put them back in place after using them. I had read previous reviews before ordering these that said not to put them in the dishwasher as it would warp them, and I have not done that, only hand washing them. They hand wash very easily and are still in great shape. I could originally only find these on Amazon, but I have now seen them in Walmart, although I am not sure what the price difference is. I paid around $10 for mine two and a half years ago, and I thought that was a great deal. If you are a baker or like to experiment in the kitchen and are looking for a starter set of measuring cups and spoons for a decent price, I would highly recommend these.
on May 12, 2010
I just love my 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 tsp measurements!!! I often divide recipes by 2, 4, or even 8 to make reasonable servings for my husband and I, so that food stays fresh, we don't get bored of anything, and we are more likely to eat reasonable portions. This measuring cup/spoon set would be my biggest secret to being able to divide almost any recipe to the amount that I want. I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!

One very small caveat - these aren't as thick as some measuring spoons/cups - which is nice because it makes for great stacking capabilities - but be gentle on the handles. I would turn to your "other" set (you know we all have two if you cook a lot!) for something like measuring a cup of ice cream directly out of the bowl. I did have one (but only one) handle partially snap off. Still usable. I wouldn't change the material of the cups one bit, however, because with so many cups and spoons, you want them to be able to stack up nicely and not be a mile high when they are stacked. But just be a teensy bit more careful with them.
on May 24, 2016
Here's a review from somebody that wasn't compensated and paid full price! The little woman and I have had these for a few years now and they are holding up great. Having so many sizes is handy both for just having the right thing or having extras if cooking a lot of stuff at once or we just haven't felt like washing the dishes. :D Depending on the spoon or cup, we have both put these in the dishwasher and hand-washed them yet I still do not see any perceptible scratches. Even the plastic ring holding the spoons is still going strong. If you store these in a drawer, you might have to split the cups into two stacks to get them to fit...that's really the only negative thing I can say about this set. Unless you want metal, I don't believe anybody can do better than this set.
on November 28, 2011
This is a fantastic set of measuring cups and spoons and I love the variety of sizes, especially for the price. 19 pieces is a little much (who really needs 1/32 or 1/16 of a teaspoon?), but I use most of the cups and spoons.

They are color coded and followed a red-white-gray pattern which makes it easy to figure out not only that something is missing but also what is missing.

Be careful when measuring something heavy. I almost broke the handle when measuring out a cup of water. If you're measuring something heavy, be sure to carry it by the base instead of the handle.

The rings are pretty bad. I guess they wanted to make it so that it would be easy to pull out a cup or a spoon from the ring, but the result is unsatisfactory. It's not a big deal for the cups as they are easy to store without the rings, but for the spoons I just bought something sturdier as it was annoying to constantly have spoons coming off the ring and falling to the floor.
on August 8, 2016
I love this measuring cup set! I was looking for a non metal set that had the raised lettering for the measuring volumes. I've seen a few times when printed lettering wears off with time, so I wanted something that would stand the test of time. I usually handwash these, but I've put them in the dishwasher several times, bottom rack, top rack, it doesn't matter. They hold up. I also really appreciate so many different volumes. I use the 2 cups all the time! I also like the varying colors because now that I've had these for about 5 years, I can remember the color of some of the more common volumes. I would definitely buy this set again and I recommend it to everyone who doesn't love their measuring spoons and cups.