Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Prep Solutions by Progressive Adjustable Bread Keeper
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

We make a couple loaves of homemade bread each week. Previously, we'd take out a cutting board and then need to clean that off each time we cut a slice and the bread wouldn't stay fresh long since it has no preservatives.

Putting it in the fridge dries it out, tupperware and ziplocs kept moisture in and make bread mold...

This works perfect. The directions will tell you where to set the vent in the back due to the humidity in your area. For bread with no preservatives to last, many don't realize a bit of air is what it needs...but not so much that it hardens the crust too much.

This opens to easily fit a 2 lb loaf with much room to spare.

The great thing, too, is the cutting board inside. Just slide this open, cut your slice, and put it away...no more brushing crumbs off the counter or washing a big cutting board each time you cut a slice.

I would buy this brand again if I ever needed another...it's truly keeping the bread fresh twice as long.

Negatives: The plastic is a little light. That hasn't been an issue for us, but I could see it could possible crack if dropped or put in the bottom of the dishwasher (I haven't tested this theory; we do wash it in the top of our dishwasher) and the vent can turn a little too easily so that when we handle it, we need to make sure it remains in the right place when we are done.
88 comments| 420 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2010
Good price, quick delivery, excellent condition, very functional, useful, sanitary and easy to clean and maintain. Just started the home breadmaking thing - and this bread keeper is a must-have if you intend to do the same. It may seem a little counter-intuitive to actually have an adjustment to let air into the storage space (although you can still close it 100% off), but believe it or not it's actually the humidity balance that will optimize the freshness of your home-baked bread (assuming you're not putting preservatives into your mix!). The adjustability is very useful. I would highly recommend this to anyone purchasing a home bread making machine. It's probably very useful for optimizing the storage of store-bought baked goods as well.
11 comment| 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2009
Stop trying to jam that 2 lb. fresh (bread machine) loaf of bread in a plastic bag. For some reason, grocery stores do not carry boxes of plastic bags that are large enough to store these 2 lb. loafs. I've tried for months. Finally I found this and the plastic bags are history. Good for me and good for the environment too. This is a great product. I'm glad I found it and bought it. You won't regret having this on hand to store that wonderful loaf of bread fresh from the bread machine or oven.
44 comments| 238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2010
I can't believe how much of a difference this makes in keeping my bread fresh. I've always wrapped my home-made bread in a tea towel just like my grandmother taught me (cotton is breathable, so bread stays fresher than uncovered, but doesn't get soft and soggy like it would in air-tight container). I bought this keeper for the bread board -- I was tired of getting out and cleaning crumbs from a board every time I wanted a piece of toast --- this keeper keeps everything tidy -- and I like the humidity dial where you can control the breathability of the keeper. You can not imagine how surprised I am at how much longer my bread stays fresh! I placed the cut edge of the bread down on the board when I put it away and when I picked it up to cut it 3 days later, it was as soft as a new loaf! I am used to fresh loaves being stale by the 3rd day, so this is great! Now I can make one loaf a week instead of two. Very impressed. FYI, I have the humidity dial all the way closed except for a very tiny bit to let some moisture out to keep the crust firm.
11 comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2015
Great bread box especially if you make a lot of homemade bread which I have recently started doing. With the ventilation holes you can put your bread in while still warm from the oven and not worry about moisture building up to much which can cause the bread to prematurely harden once cooled and it is expandable to accommodate many size loaves. Before I bought this I was using aluminum foil to wrap my bread and once I saw how affordable this thing was I realized that it would save me a ton of $$ on tin foil which actually does add up to a hefty sum over time. Over all, if you do bake a lot of bread you will find this box worth while, plus it is dishwasher safe which is not necessarily a deal breaker for me but certainly a plus! (just make sure to use on top rack)
review image review image
on January 16, 2010
My wife loves this for her home-made bread. Before, her bread was stale the next day. Now it lasts 3-5 days (she doesn't add any preservatives). Since things are humid in Georgia, we keep the vent fully open. This was cheap, is easy to use and clean, highly recommended.
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2008
This really is the sort of gizmo that you see "advertised on tv" and it is a good idea, but poorly executed. Yes, it holds bread, and is adjustable, and has a little vent. And you can see through the plastic to see how much is left. The two halves are klutzy to pull apart and reassemble, easy enough to do but it requires lots of room and is sort of crude. Nothing elegant about this design.

If you bake, be aware that fresh bread will fog up the plastic even after it has cooled for two hours, the bread loses its crunchy crust in a matter of a day or so, and the little white platform for the bread easily scars with use of the bread knife. You will probably choose to use a separate cutting board to avoid damaging it further.

You can adjust the little dial to control the amount of air holes that are open, but I am not sure it really makes a difference. The two halves do not make an airtight seal and allow air in and out regardless of the setting on the dial.

The question really is what is out there that is better. Like a nonstick broiling pan that can take the heat, this is cook's need that is still unmet. A bread box that keeps bread fresh and crispy on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside.

I continue to dream.
33 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2010
I bake lots of bread, I usually store my bread in ziploc bags. I wanted to have something that I could re-use. The bread box is good for storing bread, but I found that the bread does mold quicker in the bread box than it does in the ziploc bags.
99 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2013
I have been making bread for a long time and had nothing but plastic bags which after a few days makes your bread stale. After ordering this I have a great place to keep my bread and now it is fresher. The only thing is after I got this I told so many people about it and they went on line to buy it and it had gone way way up in price. So they say they will not be buying it until it comes back down a bit!!!! like doubled in price?
review image
on April 4, 2012
A recent diagnosis of celiac disease has lead to home baked bread. I was having problems figuring out how to store it once it was made. I would let it cool but then forget to put in a zip lock bag at night. This has solved the problem. Once cool to the touch you can put it in to finish cooling with the vent open to let moisture out and if you forget to adjust before bed your bread does not dry out by morning. No more mold! I have yet to try with other baked things like rolls. I made rolls & bread the same day.... let's just say the bread is doing better for freshness than the rolls in a more tradition bag.
review image review image