Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Progressive International PLIR-3 Set of 2 Ice Sticks Flexible Ice Trays
|Price:||$9.19 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stick-shaped ice trays designed for use with water bottles
- Set includes 2 trays in blue and aqua
- Flexible design allows ice to pop out easily
- Each tray contains 8 molds; trays measure 8 by 4-1/4 inches
- Dishwasher safe
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Progressive International is your source for the widest range of functional, inventive, and fun kitchen tools and great ideas put into practice. Our in-house designers spend hours in the kitchen coming up with ways to improve on a variety of traditional tasks and tools. Established in 1973, our commitment to quality and service allows us to offer a broad selection of quality kitchenware and other household products. This Progressive International set of 2 ice sticks trays are designed for use with water bottles. The flexible design allows ice to pop out of the trays quickly and easily and each tray contains 8 molds. Dishwasher safe.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
They trays you get are made of a very flexible silicone/rubber material. It does not have a chemical smell to it, and produces 8 molds a piece (16 sticks in total).
- set of 2 for a total of 16 sticks.
- flexible material makes for extremely easy removal of the ice sticks(Can easily remove the sticks individually)
- sticks are thick enough to last a while in a bottle of water
- material is durable, thus will last a long time + will not crack after constant use
- MACHINE WASHABLE (top row)
- Trays are too flexible you could say. Filling them up and transporting to freezer is a recipe for disaster (**A simple solution to this problem is listed below**)
- First few batches of sticks had a "strange taste" about them... a faint taste of plastic. This was even after washing them before use. *Plastic taste was gone by the 3rd use of the tray and has not returned
For the price you get two high quality flexible ice stick trays. The sticks fit perfectly for a large variety of water bottles, and they last for a decent amount in a drink. The plastic after taste was very faint and quickly went away after a few uses. To be safe I would probably discard the initial batch you make with each tray(Better to be safe than sorry). Other than the initial after taste and above average difficulty in moving the tray(once filled with water), the trays perform as advertised. I would give the product 4 stars.
**NOTE: For an easier time making the ice sticks, rather than fill the tray up at the sink and move it to the freeze, bring the water to the freezer!
- Place Ice tray where you want it in the freezer.
- Get a squeeze bottle(like a condiment bottle for ketchup) or simply a cup of water. Just fill the tray up while it rests in the freezer.
This way you avoid having to carry the tray(s) to the freezer and risk the flexible tray from wobbling all over the place.
My intended use is to freeze breast milk in them and then place them in a ziplock bag for long term storage. This will eliminate the need for expensive bags and the square design will allow them to take up less space in my freezer and I can place them in a bottle pretty easily. I see the problem with trying to place several in the same bottle... still should be better and less expensive than the alternative.
I will likely purchase at least one more set so I can have a good production line going since the cubes are approximately 3/4"x3/4"x4" and each is probably about 1 oz. It took approximately 1 hour for the cubes to freeze in my freezer.
They're going back. They have two glaring issues:
1) They are not thick enough. They could be made slightly thicker (to the point where water won't cause them to buckle and spill water everywhere unless you half fill it) or have some sort of tray to go underneath. This comes with neither.
2) After washing multiple times, a bad taste persisted. I washed other ice cube trays (traditional) and they made ice without taste fine. To confirm I wasn't nuts, I had three friends try the ice and all three noticed the bad taste.
I'd tolerate the first, but the second is unacceptable to me. As such, I'm returning them. I will probably end up ordering the official ice tray directly from Hydro Flask instead.
I always use distilled water when I make ice cubes, especially since the water here is very hard. I have never had a problem with any kind of odd taste or residue as some have complained about. They are pretty flimsy, especially when full of water, so I fill them while they are sitting on top of an inverted, regular ice tray.
After using them for a while I decided that if they were longer they would make a nice and unique stirrer for mixed drinks. I found this tray that produced much longer ice sticks. I have now given away my trays like the ones on this page and use the longer ones exclusively.
Water Bottle Stick Ice Cube Tray
can get ice into small necked bottles
feel durable - but I have only used them a dozen times or so
extremely difficult to use - so flexible that it is hard to not spill out the contents - use cutting board to load into freezer.
difficult to take out ice
Would not recommend this to anyone. This needs to be a bit stiffer.