Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 11, 2015
Perfect for even making home fries. Had this for about a year now, and it's still cutting like new.
The construction looks flimsy put the slicer is actually quite robust.
Sometimes the potato needs to be cut down slightly to fit threw the slicer, but not by much.
But it can cut all sorts of potatoes from Russet to Golden, and makes thick or thin pieces.
Also very easy to clean and the metal hasn't shown any signs of wear or rust.
The plastic body hasn't cracked nor has the handle bent from any pressure.
Comes with 2 different sized slicer grilles. One for small and one for large. Excellent deal for the price.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2017
I recently bought an air fryer, and needed a way to make consistently sized fries quickly, otherwise some would cook too quickly while others were still soft and starchy. For this price I was not anticipating a restaurant quality machine, but I was quite happy with how well it works. It does feel a little bit weak, and the blades could certainly be sharper, but it does produce excellent fries and makes a long tedious job super quick. With daily use in a restaurant setting I would not expect a long life out of this as it feels a bit weak, but for how often I will be using it, it seems perfect. I do have to section larger potatoes to make them fit, but that's not a big concern.
review image
on December 17, 2016
After only using the cutter a few times, a few of the blades bent out and made the whole thing inoperable. I couldn't get the blade out without risking touching the exposed blades, or cutting the cutter's plastic by forcing it out. The vegetables i've used haven't been hard or dry, but one potato and this thing is toast. I bought this because i remembered having one in the house as a kid, but this is clearly not the same quality as that one.

Disappointed in the product, I can't return it and I can only use half of it, but at this point I don't know what i'd trust to put in.
on October 27, 2017
it works but you need to cut potato down to a small rectangle to fit the device. You might need to cut a hard potato in half to make it easy to slice. Made very well with 2 different cutter sizes for small or large fries. They sent me 3 machines for the price of one by mistake. I double checked my invoice and i got 2 free machines. lol I have some extra gifts for family now because amazon will not answer a phone. Good luck From Brian in Baton Rouge
on January 14, 2016
Very poor quality, this cutter strained to cut potatoes in order to make french fries, whereas I though it would break/shatter. In order to cut sweet potatoes, I had to cut the potatoes into quarters (1/4) in order for the cutter to work. The sweet potatoes even stained the plastic, making it very difficult to clean. Suffice it to say this was thrown-away, and I bought a higher quality metal cutter that worked flawlessly! Don't waste your money on this cutter, whereas if you're like me and you enjoy making french fries, you'll be disappointed.
on May 3, 2013
I lost a wonderful french fry cutter in the flood from hurricane sandy, along with most of my home. This one is a wonderful replacement. Granted not as good as the one I lost. That one I had purchased at a dollar store for only $4. The store is no longer in business and they discontinued that cutter. So, I came to my favorite place to shop and found this one. I am not sure why so many complaints, but, I can tell you I have used this several times since purchasing it and not one problem. You do however, have to cut the potato in half lengthwise or it will jam in the cutter. The cutter is not high enough to cut a whole potato at once. A small concession to make perfect fries. Or perfect potato chunks for various needs. I have cut the potatoes with this cutter, then sauteed them in olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and grated cheese. Then I baked them. They came out better than anything I could cut by hand. Buy this cutter if you like perfectly cut potatoes.

Ralph
on September 17, 2016
Review Sptember 2016
Been using it for 2 months now, holding up well so far. I do expect this to break with in a year or so. The hinge attachment seems bit flimsy. (if anyone want to know if it's still working by the time they read this review, just leave a comment and ask - I'm quick to respond on Amazon)
Wish the "cutting bed" was a bit longer, I end up having to cut my potatoes.
Still, it beats cutting by hand!
on February 20, 2014
My wife likes to make home made French fries as opposed to cooking the store bought. We know what's in them, and frankly I think they are better. But she spends a lot of time prepping and cutting. So I bought her this to make that task easier.

There are two attachments for two thicknesses of fries, and those attachments are easy to take out for cleaning or changing. One press on the handle, and from a potato to fries, instantly....

Well, almost. Make sure your potato isn't too big, otherwise if it gets stuck, it's a pain to back it out, trim then try again. Also there were a few potatoes that were really hard to push through. I think that, if they made it about an inch wider, and changed the pivot point for more torque, this would be perfect.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 13, 2012
When you buy items like this, sight unseen, it's a bit of a roll of the dice, so you count on other reviewers to tell you what it "feels" like. It was inexpensive, and most other reviewers gave it a thumbs up, so I gave it a try.

I'm quite happy with this item, it's solid, well built, works smoothly, doesn't jamb or clog up, and "feels" like it will last a long time. Most of what I just said is attributed to a thoughtful design, it actually looks like someone who uses these things to slice food, sat down with the engineers and said "hey you stupid engineer, this is how you should do it". One major plus in my mind, is the fact that it comes apart quickly and easily for cleaning. The chamber where you load the uncut food could be a little bit longer, the average russet potato that you get at the store doesn't quite fit, but big deal, you trim one end off, or cut it in half, and push it through.
on June 14, 2006
This is a fabulous all in one cutter! It neatly cuts so many items into perfectly shaped finger food, the possibilities are endless...carrot and celery sticks, zuchini and squash sticks, french fries, homemade mozzarella sticks... If you can fit it in the cutter, it'll slice it. In most cases, items are easily cut. It does take a sturdy hand to press the bar down, but nothing my ten year old hasn't been able to cut. I would say, consider the density of the food item before selecting the size of cutting grate. The denser the vegetable, the more force it's going to take to press the cutting bar down through a small grate. You may have to adjust the thickness of the cut based on your ability and strength to press the bar down. For instance, shoe string potatoes are quite a challenge, although if that's what you want, if you don't have the arm strength to man handle the bar, I'd suggest buying the "Alligator onion chopper," it masters small hashbrown type cuts on potatoes and onions! The Alligator only has one sized cutting screen, very small. I can't tell you why it works so much better on these dense food items, maybe the blades are sharper... So, consider what you're going to use this Progressive slicer for, in most cases, it's the right answer. I personally have two choppers, the "Alligator onion chopper" for onions and diced/shoe string potatoes, and this "Progressive Cutter" for all other applications. I use them enough that I know what works best on each chopper, and I'd rather have the right application tool than get less than satisfactory results from just one product.