Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,285 reviews
on March 12, 2014
Used it once and was pleased with it, although the chain is too short for large mugs and if the mug wall is thick it wont clip on so you have to loop it around the handle then hook it to the chain which reduces the depth at which it will float in your tea....

Second use? Came apart in my hands - the hinge where the two halves lock together is just crimped metal, no bolt or welds - completely un-fixable. Sent back the very next day.
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
This may be cheap, but unless you have very large tea leaves, the mesh screen is far too large and most of the tea leaves end up in your tea. Also, shipping took over a month for me, made me think I wasn't going to get it.
on November 14, 2014
This product is getting a lot of negative reviews, but I wonder if everyone is reviewing the exact same product. I bought mine directly from Amazon for $2.79, not one of the 3rd party China vendors that sell these for $1. The product arrived in a Prepworks-labeled plastic blister-pack. I have used it numerous times over the past month and it still looks great, with no stains or rust.

I also bought a similar looking $1 product from a 3rd party seller. It looks somewhat similar, but the construction quality is noticeably worse. The clasp doesn't line up as well or grip as well. The mesh is wider, so you cannot use it with finely ground teas. This one rusted after I first washed it, before using it for any tea.
on March 13, 2014
Don't waste your time on this item. The holes are too big and let's out normal size loose tea!! And the clasp is complicated and too cumbersome. Don't bother with this. It looks great in theory but in reality, zip!
on January 27, 2015
It's good this tea infuser was under $2.00. It was shipped from China and arrived in a tiny envelope with some padding. I can't adequately describe it, so I'm including a photo. The "ball" was smashed and the metal was dark and discolored. A perfect example of "you get what you pay for." I'm not even going to bother sending it back.
review image
on February 23, 2015
This tea infuser is a disaster. It's basically a sphere divided into two halves and held together with a hinge and a clamp. The clamp is the problem. The clamp has a hinge of its own, and that hinge has a rivet going through it, and the rivet has a head. That rivet head keeps the two haves of the sphere from coming together tightly. So when you put the sphere into the hot water, tea leaves start spewing out one side of the sphere. Disgusting!
There's no point in returning it. It's a $4 item, and the postage to return it would be greater than that. Live and Learn!
review image
on June 25, 2016
Shipping was fast!! I have to say seeing the baetea and flat tummy tea I was questioning if the stuff actually works. But it does and the taste is something to get use to but it's not to bad. I have been drinking the tea for 4 days now and I workout 3 days a week I must say that it gives me energy and it's helping me lose the weight in my mid section. I am very very happy with this product I have been trying to flatten my tummy for a year now and I wanted to try something different, I am glad I choose baetea and I will continue to use it!!! I really recommend this tea and don't worry it doesn't make you go to the bathroom like crazy like some other teas do lol.
review image review image review image
on August 7, 2013
I think the title says it all - received the product, looked a little flimsy but it worked. then i used it, washed it by hand, and the next time I went to use it the thing was covered in rust
1010 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
I don't really know why so many people are complaining...Mine came in a nice package, the metal toggle is pretty strong, and the metal pin is well, what it is supposed to be and is much thicker than some I have owned. It's more sturdy than the one you will pay 5.99 for at the grocery store that is for sure.

I have a few versions of tea infusers and strainers, I don't use any of them in a mug or cup that I drink out of. I always use a 3 cup ceramic pot for shorter sessions and a full pot for long days at the drafting table. I also do not leave these stewing in the tea after the appropriate time has passed. When I clean them, which is right after use, I dry it and I never toss them in a dishwasher. I bought this one just to have for my thick bark like teas. I never use mesh for fine teas that most people are used to in teabags, I just use a reusable baggy or a large loose leaf paper bag that hooks onto a funnel (best lazy loader ever XD)

Yes it is made in China but not everything from China is crap, there are legit manufacturers there >.> Sometimes you play roulette, sometimes you get a good deal. I don't expect an add-on to be something mega awesome fabulous that my grandchildren would use. :P
review image review image
on July 8, 2015
This tea ball is awesome for brewing loose tea. I actually bought my first tea ball by this company three years ago and only had to buy a new one very recently because my daily use of it eventually loosened the clamp. For less than $5, I'd say lasting three years is pretty good!

The reason I came back to this tea ball rather than just purchasing one at the grocery store is the metal mesh. No matter what the size of your tea leaves, you can steep your tea without any fear of small pieces of your leaves escaping into your tea. Your tea will come out tasting just the way it should: pure and delicious!

The hook at the end of the chain is really nifty as well, as its flexibility allows you to hook it onto the edge of any mug without you needing to worry about having to rescue your tea ball with a spoon. It'll stay perfectly in place until it's steeped long enough and then you're ready to go.

This product is great for the price. If you're looking for a tea ball, I'd definitely go with this one.