Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 2,078 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 12, 2014
Used it once and was pleased with it, although the chain is too short for large mugs and if the mug wall is thick it wont clip on so you have to loop it around the handle then hook it to the chain which reduces the depth at which it will float in your tea....

Second use? Came apart in my hands - the hinge where the two halves lock together is just crimped metal, no bolt or welds - completely un-fixable. Sent back the very next day.
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
This may be cheap, but unless you have very large tea leaves, the mesh screen is far too large and most of the tea leaves end up in your tea. Also, shipping took over a month for me, made me think I wasn't going to get it.
on August 7, 2013
I think the title says it all - received the product, looked a little flimsy but it worked. then i used it, washed it by hand, and the next time I went to use it the thing was covered in rust
1010 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2011
I've used various tea strainers/infusers over the yrs, and this is by far the most flimsy. I have a similiar one (not this brand)that I've had for over 5 yrs. This one looked just like the one I wanted to replace. But this one is much more cheaply made, and the 2 sections can not be secured tightly enough. I returned it.
on November 14, 2014
This product is getting a lot of negative reviews, but I wonder if everyone is reviewing the exact same product. I bought mine directly from Amazon for $2.79, not one of the 3rd party China vendors that sell these for $1. The product arrived in a Prepworks-labeled plastic blister-pack. I have used it numerous times over the past month and it still looks great, with no stains or rust.

I also bought a similar looking $1 product from a 3rd party seller. It looks somewhat similar, but the construction quality is noticeably worse. The clasp doesn't line up as well or grip as well. The mesh is wider, so you cannot use it with finely ground teas. This one rusted after I first washed it, before using it for any tea.
on March 13, 2014
Don't waste your time on this item. The holes are too big and let's out normal size loose tea!! And the clasp is complicated and too cumbersome. Don't bother with this. It looks great in theory but in reality, zip!
on March 1, 2015
Received it yesterday - see the picture with original China packing and the product. Do I need to say more?
The mesh tea ball is anything but steel. It arrived all rusted & rust is shedding . It is cheap quality metal made. Will poison the tea with all that metal rust coming off. I thought it to be the Progressive brand item that we see at Macy's or Corningware but please do not get conned. It is very cheap and made with some tin can metal that creeks and dusts and rusts. Received it yesterday - see the picture with original China packing and the product
review image review image
on October 17, 2011
This tea ball is horrible. It's so cheap, that when it's closed it doesn't close flush so there is a huge gap and the leaves fall out and get all in your tea. I understand you get what you pay for, but the product should at least work. And its not like it did that after a couple times of using it. It was shipped to me like that. Do not buy this tea ball.
review image
33 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2011
While I didn't have any leaf leakage, the moment I opened the ball, the latch fell off. It is attached by a tiny, misshapen dot of metal (someone described it as about the size of pencil lead) that shows no evidence of stopper or notch that might keep the latch in place upon it. I was able to finagle the latch back on enough to stay shut and be useful, but I don't think I want to deal with this every time I want a cup of tea.

My suggestion: don't waste your time or money on this tea ball. Pay a few extra bucks for something trustworthy or hit up your local tea shop and make sure you're getting a good product in person.
on October 11, 2013
Doesn't close all the way so when you put it in water all the leafs get out. wish i would have spent the few extra bucks to get a better quilt y one.
review image