Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Amber Edition
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.73. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Cards designed to work with Becky Higgins Project Life scrapbooking system; can be used for other cardstock craft projects as well
- Contains 616 cards: (500) 3-by-4 journaling cards, 40 bi-fold cards, 16 first and last page cards, and (60) 4-by-6 title cards
- Professionally designed in a coordinating color scheme called Amber--busy prints of flowers, scrolls, circles, and chains in bright hues of turquoise, gold, pink, greens, and grays
- The cardstock is acid free and of archival quality; imported
- Pair with a Becky Higgins Project Life Binder and Becky Higgins Photo Pocket Pages to create a complete, designer photo album
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Project Life simplifies how you document life and preserve memories. With this easier-than-ever scrapbooking system, simply pair your photos and journaling with pre-designed title cards and journaling cards. Your photos, these cards, and even your memorabilia slip into the Photo Pocket Pages (sold separately) and that's it. The result is a stylish masterpiece that represents your life or whatever occasion you choose to record. With Project Life's beautifully simple format, deciding what supplies to use or how to design layouts becomes obsolete, leaving you more time to experience life.
Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Amber Edition
The pieces in this Core Kit are designed and sized to work with Becky Higgins Photo Pocket Pages and Project Life Binders, and they can be used with other projects utilizing designer cardstock. This Core Kit contains 616 professionally designed cards in a beautiful coordinating color scheme called Amber, which contains very busy prints of flowers, scrolls, circles, and chains in bright hues of turquoise, gold, pink, greens, and grays. There are 500 3-by-4-inch journaling cards, 40 bi-fold journaling cards, 8 first page cards (four 4-by-6-inch and four 3-by-4-inch), 8 last page cards (four 4-by-6-inch and four 3-by-4-inch), and 60 4-by-6-inch title cards. The cardstock is acid free and of archival quality. Imported.
What is Project Life by Becky Higgins?
Through Project Life, Becky Higgins delivers a fun, easy, all-in-one scrapbooking system enabling anyone to stylishly preserve photos and memories. The Project Life design works for everyone--adults, youth, male, or female--and is especially appealing to those who have piles of photos stored with the intentions of one day getting around to organizing them. No glue, scissors, tools, or scrapbooking skills are required. All you need is a Core Kit, an Album, and a pack of Photo Pocket Pages, and the design and layout work is done for you. Simply add photos and, if you wish, you can write information on the pre-designed cards provided in the Core Kit. Voila! Project life is a hassle-free system that results in a complete and beautiful scrapbook. Gone are the days that you feel bad about not doing something with your pictures or your kids' pictures.
The 3 Essential Components of Project Life
The three basic items you need to complete a Project Life binder album are a Binder, a Core Kit, and a pack of Photo Pocket Pages. These three items are sold separately. There is no full kit containing all three. Mini Albums for smaller projects are designed with Photo Pocket Pages sewn in, so only a Mini Kit in addition is needed to complete a Project Life Mini Album.
1. Photo Pocket Pages. Becky Higgins offers a myriad of layout styles across packs of Photo Pocket Pages. Design A includes four 3-by-4-inch vertical pockets between four 6-by-4-inch horizontal pockets; Design B includes six 3-by-4-inch horizontal pockets under three 6-by-4-inch vertical pockets; Design K works beautifully with Instagram photos, including six 4-by-4 pockets and four 3-by-4-inch vertical pockets; and so on, all the way from Design A to Design L, each with a different pocket layout.
Packs of Photo Pocket Pages are offered in different quantities. All Big Packs of Photo Pocket Pages have 60 pages, designed and sized to fill a Project Life 12-by-12 binder nicely when the pages are full of photos, plus journaling cards, plus title cards. Big Packs come in your choice of a single layout design, or a variety pack. Big Variety Pack 1 includes 10 pages each of Designs A, B, C, D, E, and F. Big Variety Pack 2 includes 40 pages of Design A and 20 pages of Design D. Regular packs of each individual design include 12 pages.
2. Binder or Mini Album. Based on the size of your photo journaling projects, choose from Binders and Mini Albums. Binders are 12-by-12, with 3-rings, and are designed and sized to work with Becky Higgins Photo Pocket Pages. They come in a wide variety of colors which coordinate with the cards in Project Life Core Kits.
Mini Albums measure 10-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches and are designed for smaller projects. They come with 20 Photo Pocket Pages sewn in, holding a total of 80 4-by-6 horizontal photos or Project Life Cards, as well as 80 3-by-4-inch vertical photos or Project Life Cards. The Mini Album also features a front window designed to hold a 3-by-4-inch photo or Project Life Card.
3. Core Kits and Mini Kits. The professional artistry in Becky Higgins Core Kits adds pizzazz to your Project Life scrapbook, and they include the pieces that upgrade your scrapbook to the designer level. Core Kits contain Title Cards, Journaling Cards, and First and Last Page Cards, each in a professionally designed color scheme. Title cards are intended to label your layouts, while the optional Journaling Cards allow you to write captions, notes, and/or memories to accompany your photos, thereby turning the scrapbook into an authentic Photo Journal. If you decide not to write on the cards, simply flip them over to find a colorful designer print on the back that adds decoration, sized to fit perfectly in the 3-by-4-inch slots of the Photo Pocket Pages. Bi-fold cards are for when you want to write more.
A Project Life Core Kit contains 616 cards: 500 3-by-4-inch journaling cards, 40 bi-fold journaling cards, 8 first page cards (four 4-by-6-inch and four 3-by-4-inch), 8 last page cards (four 4-by-6-inch and four 3-by-4-inch), and 60 4-by-6-inch title cards. Everything coordinates beautifully, taking undue stress out of the scrapbooking experience.
A project Life Mini Kit contains 100 cards: 10 4-by-6-inch title cards, 10 4-by-6-inch journaling cards, and 80 3-by-4-inch journaling cards.
Note from Becky Higgins:
Adding a lot of extra bulky or dimensional items could result in thicker pages, with the result that 60 pages may not fit into a single Binder. In this case, spread your project across more than one binder. After all, your Project Life scrapbooks can be as individual as your life.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That said, this item was as described, arrived on time, etc, etc. My rating is due to my belief after seeing them that the number of duplicate cards in a core kit set greatly diminishes the value of the set (this was my first - and LAST - core kit purchase). Honestly, I was disappointed enough that I would have rated it lower but in fairness, the cards are good quality and as described.... just too many of the same card over and over (more than 45 - yes, forty five! - that's four tens and five ones - of some prints!!!) (This picture is after I gave my sister several of each print in the repeat cards - and still, I have that many of several prints.... the description should tell you this!!!)
The Seafoam edition is my go-to for my current Project Life album. The colors are perfect for me - a lot of neutrals to pair with whatever else I'm putting in the album, and my favorite pop color, teal. I also really like the yellow gender neutral baby edition core kit (which I think is no longer available?) that I am using to document my baby/toddler years, especially all the prompts (things that were happening in the world the year you were born, monthly stats, etc). I just bought the Honey edition core kit to go with my old childhood and high school photos. I love the fun and bright colors and designs and they will pair perfectly with my childhood and teen years.
To address some concerns I saw in other reviews:
-The paper is thicker than regular printer paper, but not as thick as cardstock. I think it is perfect as is; it feels high quality and not too thin, and I've never ripped a card in my 3+ years of using these kits.
-In my Honey edition kit, there are no more than 10 cards of each different design. I'm pretty sure this was true of my other 2 kits as well. If you have a huge amount of one design, perhaps it's an error. I suggest seeing if you can exchange for a new kit.
-Yes, it can be annoying if there's a saying that you don't want to constantly show up in your album; that's one of the reasons I like to look at all the card designs for an edition before I buy it (see below for my tip on that). The Honey edition mostly has a design or journaling space on the other side of a card with a saying, so if you don't want to use 10 of that saying, you don't have to waste those cards.
TIP: To see all of the card designs for the edition that you're interested in, check the Becky Higgins official website - they've added a .pdf document for most of the editions that shows a preview of all of the cards (there are dozens of different designs and the main product photos only show a few). If the physical kit is no longer available on the site, check the digital edition, as I believe all the card designs are the same. Super helpful!
There appears to have been a small manufacturing defect with my most recent order - the top 3 4x6 cards arrived damaged (somewhat wrinkled). They are shipped VERY well so it must have happened at the factory. My other 2 kits that I bought from Amazon arrived in perfect condition with no damaged cards, and only 3 cards were affected in this entire Honey edition set (I checked), so I'm keeping my review 5 star. While I'm annoyed, this problem will not stop me from buying again - I'm probably going to buy the Midnight edition next!
The motifs in this kit are mainly cameras, clouds, arrows, and chevrons.
1. Project Life, much better packaging. I have kids, so I appreciate the items can be self containted. The other one I threw away the cheap plastic lid.
2. Cost: We R Memory keepers- even on Amazon its cheaper.
3. Style: Really, I just like all styles, so this is a toss up!
4. Paper Quality. Project Life Wins! I can tell a difference by touch in the thickness of it. Project Life definitely wins this one! Thicker and therefore sturdier.
I would buy this again, but I will also keep an eye out for cheap filler sets!