- Hardcover: 672 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 2 edition (December 14, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111917970X
- ISBN-13: 978-1119179702
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 1.5 x 9.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (99 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #203,827 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PMP Project Management Professional Exam Deluxe Study Guide: Updated for the 2015 Exam 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
From the Back Cover
Covers 100% of exam objectives, including initiating the project, planning the project, executing the project, monitoring and controlling the project, closing the project, and much more…
Includes interactive online learning environment and study tools with:
+ 2 custom practice exams plus 2 bonus practice CAPM exams
+ More than 350 Electronic Flashcards
+ More than 2 hours of audio instruction and review
+ Free eBook versions of this Deluxe Study Guide available in multiple file formats
+ Free 30 days of video training from the subject-matter experts at ITProTV
Your Complete Prep Guide for the PMP Exam Updated for the 2015 Exam
The PMP Project Management Professional Exam Deluxe Study Guide, 2nd Edition, is your comprehensive resource for the updated 2015 exam. This Sybex Deluxe Study Guide covers 100% of all exam objectives. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content and study tools, including an assessment test that checks exam readiness, objective map, real-world scenarios, hands on exercises, labs, key topic exam essentials, and challenging chapter review questions. Reinforce what you have learned with the Sybex exclusive online learning environment and test bank, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the PMP exam with Sybex.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you'll be ready for:
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Executing a Project
- Monitoring and Controlling a Project
- Closing a Project
- Meeting Your Professional Responsibility
Sybex Exam Prep Tools
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex's superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit http://sybextestbanks.wiley.com, type in your unique PIN, and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive test bank with 2 practice exams and 2 bonus practice CAPM exams. Practice exams help you identify areas where further review is needed. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam.
- Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and last-minute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared
- Bonus study questions to aid your exam preparation
- Over 2 hours of audio instruction and review
- Free eBook versions of the PMP Exam Deluxe Study Guide in multiple file formats. Now you can read from your favorite device.
- 30 Days of free video training provides access to over 20 hours of hands-on PMP training from the subject-matter experts at ITProTV.
About the Author
Kim Heldman, PMP, is the Chief Information Officer for the Regional Transportation District in Denver, Colorado. She has over 25 years of experience in project management and more than 18 years of experience in senior management positions. Kim is the author of several books on project management, including Project Management JumpStart, 3rd Edition, and the seven previous editions of the bestselling PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide. You can visit Kim's website at www.kimheldman.com.
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
From the Publisher
|PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide: Updated for 2015 Exam, 8th Edition||PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Deluxe Study Guide: Updated for 2015 Exam, 2nd Edition||PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Review Guide: Updated for the 2015 Exam, 3rd Edition||PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Certification Kit, 3rd Edition|
|Guide Type||Certification Courseware||Certification Courseware||Certification Courseware||Certification Courseware|
|Pages||672 pages||672 pages||360 pages||672 Pages|
|Author||Kim Heldman||Kim Heldman||Kim Heldman, Vanina Mangano, & Brett Feddersen||Kim Heldman|
|Pub Date||December 2015||December 2015||March 2016||April 2016|
|Binding||Paperback||Hardcover||Paperback||Hardcover & Paperback Bundle|
|Brief Description||Fully updated for the PMP: Project Management Professional 2015 Exam objectives and includes access to real-world examples, hands-on exercises, more than 175 electronic flashcards, bonus questions, two practice exams, searchable key term glossary, and two hours of audio instruction and review||Fully updated for the PMP: Project Management Professional 2015 Exam objectives; includes access to real-world examples, hands-on exercises, more than 350 electronic flashcards, 100 bonus questions, two practice exams, searchable key term glossary, two bonus CAPM exams, and free eBook version of the full-length study guide plus bonus 30-day access to PMP video training via ITPro.TV||Focused and concise review of the PMP: Project Management Professional 2015 Exam objectives plus access to two practice exams, electronic flashcards, and a searchable key terms glossary||Includes full-length versions of the PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Deluxe Study Guide and the PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Review Guide updated for the 2015 Exam objectives plus access to real-world examples, hands-on exercises, more than 350 electronic flashcards, two practice exams, searchable key term glossary, and two bonus CAPM exams plus bonus 30-day access to PMP video training via ITPro.TV|
Top Customer Reviews
Rita's was very good, but it did include some extra Rita-isms that I found to be distracting. Also, Rita didn't provide any external resources (web, audio) unless you pay more money.
Andy's, in my opinion, was the best stand-alone resource. His writing style and organization were superior to the other two volumes. Also, Andy provided a week's worth of video lessons with the book.
Kim's, in my opinion, was the least useful of the three. However, Kim did cover some material that the other two missed that did actually appear on my exam. Kim also provided an audio review with the study guide that I found to be useful.
Overall, I prefer the multiple text study method. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Andy Crowe.
Although I like PMP Exam Prep, Seventh Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam slightly more, Rita's book is more expensive and her sample questions are not as nearly as good.
- This book, when accompanied with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), is what you need at a minimum. Although I know people who passed the PMP only using this book, I don't recommend it. There are topics that are on the exam that are covered in the PMBOK that are not here and vice versa. Unless you are a good guesser, buy both.
- The practice exams at the end of each chapter are the best in the business. This is about as close as the real exam as you can get. The current exam passing score is 61% but you should aim for 70% from this book.
- The overall writing style is effective though it reads a little more like a text book than other prep books.
- Not enough time spent on Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs (ITTOs). This is the number one reason why you need the PMBOK. You don't need to memorize them but you'll need to understand them really well and Rita's book is not sufficient in this area.
- The chapters are not aligned with the PMBOK, based on knowledge area. You'll find that all PMP prep books are organized either by knowledge area (e.g. scope, time, cost) or by process group (e.g. initiating, planning, executing). I prefer the former since I believe it's easier to compartmentalize knowledge areas, say learn about cost at once.Read more ›
First, I will tell you that this is one of the most-read books in my household. Not only have I been studying for the exam for a long time, but I also use this book in my everyday work as a project manager. Why? Because the way it is written, it is almost like a guide to running your project. Each chapter proceeds in order of the activity as it would be pursued. It also includes an ongoing story or example about how that activity would be done, which often helps us remember. We learn best from stories, it turns out. I can easily skip these now as I review the materials, as they - like all other special sections of the book - are easily distinguishable and skipped. There is also a useful summery at the end of each chapter along with practice questions. The practice questions really make it clear - did you skim it or did you really absorb the material? Kim also has a category of things about applying this to your projects in real life. As I said, this was like my bible when I started out in my job (taking on many more PM responsibilities than in past PM roles).
Now I've read the PMBOK too. the PMBOK is organized by process area. It's great for studying for the PMP exam itself. However, Kim's book is great for learning the PMBOK for applying to REAL LIFE.
Look at everything that is included. It isn't just a book.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you have to buy only one, use Rita Mulcahy's book rather than Heldman's. If you have the time and money for more, Heldman's book is ok as a supplement; however, I did not find... Read morePublished 2 days ago by shopping-gal
Thorough review of the PMBOK with exam essentials to know and understand prior to taking the PMP test.Published 2 months ago by Scott M.
Excellent book! Helped my husband with his certificate. He passed with his first try.Published 3 months ago by Shannon Valiente
Reading this book was like swimming in molasses. I found it extremely hard to get through and after reading a page or chapter, I felt like I hadn't retained anything. Read morePublished 5 months ago by gabby101
I was lucky to come across an old edition(3 rd edition) of Kim Heldman lying around in a newly assigned cube on a new job. Someone forgot it when they left the cube and firm. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Olivera
Not a great book and quality of the audio is also not good. I passed my PMP test the first time, but I attribute that to other resources.Published 8 months ago by Shadow of Wyluli