- File Size: 263 KB
- Print Length: 40 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Unique Vision Press; 1 edition (October 5, 2012)
- Publication Date: October 5, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009MP40V4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #835,274 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Prolific Writer: How to Write Faster, Better, and More Easily than Ever Before Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The reason why I can give this 4 stars is due in large part to the structure and formatting. There's no "hard sell" and you don't have to buy anything from Miller aside from this book to get the information. I've read too many books like this that make you buy a marketing companion or affiliate product after you've read the book. Miller doesn't hold back, giving a lot of common sense solutions to simple problems with writing. It's a simple, entry level edition, but one that should suffice for many readers.
I like it. It's clear, well written, and to the point. It's not the best book on writing, but it's a good one, none the less. I'd recommend it, but I disagree with a few things. In the end, I'm the wrong demographic for this, since I'm already at the prolific level.
The 'aha' moment that told me this book was worth its weight in gold for anybody looking to increase their literary output was that it's crucial to write a 1st draft without taking into consideration the things that should be focused on in the proofreading stage. That is, don't spend your primary writing time worrying about punctuation and grammar, because that will only slow you down. I've adhered to that principal for years, and it is solid advice. There's a lot of solid advice for writers of any level to take advantage of in this well written book.
Highly recommended reading for aspiring writers...!
1. In today's competitive world of writers, to stand above the faceless mass of writers, one has to put out a lot of product.
2. I deeply respect Ethan Miller's strong emphasis that the product must be the best quality available. Do not neglect this step!
3. That Miller has demonstrated he lives the advice in this book.
In this reviewer's opinion, in the plethora of writing books flooding the market, Miller's book is a wise investment for the beginning to intermediate writer to read not only once, but twice. The advanced, professional writer will find good material for review and one or two gems that Miller has honed in the process of mastering his profession.
I especially liked the suggestions on time management and fighting distractions. I believe it is in an artists' nature to be chaotic but it is in the interest of my copywriting career to produce the maximum amount of words (within certain quality parameters) per work day. This ebook is a steal at this price, and should be on any professional writer's digital bookshelf.
Highly recommend this for all writers. I got if free when it was on special and wish I had read it sooner. Pick one up!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Education & Reference
- Books > Reference > Encyclopedias & Subject Guides > Business
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills