Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.67 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Prom Night [Blu-ray]
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$6.76 (27%)|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Jamie Lee Curtis (the HALLOWEEN film series) and Leslie Nielsen (THE NAKED GUN film and TV series, FORBIDDEN PLANET) star in this celebrated slasher horror classic.
Four Hamilton High seniors are hiding a terrible secret. What happened to Robin Hammond six years ago was a game that turned into a horrible tragedy, and someone saw what they did... someone waiting for gruesome revenge! Wearing a black hood and wielding an axe, a killer brutally slaughters the teenagers one by one at their high school prom. As the spotlight falls on the newly crowned prom king and queen, the psychopath will show everyone his new favorite game to play...
Are you ready for a bloody night of Disco Madness ? Synapse Films is proud to present PROM NIGHT in a beautiful new version, remastered and restored in 2K from the original 35mm camera negative with an all-new 5.1 surround mix.
- Brand-New 2K High-Definition Transfer From The Original 35mm Camera Negative
- New 5.1 Surround Remix Specifically Created For This Release (Original 2.0 Mono Included)
- Audio Commentary With Director Paul Lynch And Screenwriter William Gray
- THE HORRORS OF HAMILTON HIGH: The Making Of Prom Night Featurette
- Collection Of Additional Scenes Added For Television Broadcast
- Never-Before-Seen Outtakes From Prom Night [Exclusive to Blu-ray]
- Motion Still Gallery [Exclusive To Blu-ray]
- Original Theatrical Trailer & Television Spots
- English Subtitles For The Deaf And Hard Of Hearing
...one of my all-time favorite slashers... James Scott, Bloody Disgusting.com --James Scott - Bloody-Disgusting.com
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medR R (Restricted)
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 2.4 Ounces
- Item model number : SYNV142BR
- Director : Paul Lynch
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Anamorphic, Surround Sound, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 32 minutes
- Release date : September 9, 2014
- Actors : Jamie Lee Curtis, Leslie Nielsen, Eddie Benton
- Studio : Synapse Films
- ASIN : B00LBFFR2Y
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #22,550 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- A new beautiful 2K scan HD transfer in 16x9 1.78.1
- A brand new 5.1 surround sound mix specially created for this release (also in original 2.0 mono)
- Captioning in English (only) for the hearing impaired or hard of hearing.
- Reversible cover featuring the classic original poster art & foreign version, which looks very nice too.
- About 9 minutes of additional scenes that were added for the original NBC TV Broadcast (though nothing spectacular)
- A new 25 minute behind the scenes making of Featurette: The Horrors of Hamilton High: The Making of "Prom Night".
- An insightful audio commentary with Director Paul Lynch & Screenwriter William Gray (the moderator is very annoying!)
- The original trailer & rarely seen tv spots (4 of them) were nice too; which were legendary in 1980, with the great tag line:
"If you're not back by midnight, you won't be coming home!". Great memories!
My only complaints are that during the 23 minutes of rare outtakes (exclusive to the Blu Ray version), there's no dialogue, it's just music from the soundtrack, and it would have been nice to hear what's being flubbed and talked about between takes. Also, the old iconic Avco/Embassy logo is missing from the opening, despite everyone talking about A/E in the extras... It says on the packaging that the program content is licensed from Echo Bridge, and none of their (EB's) previous DVD versions had the A/E opening.. I can't recall if the original 1998 Anchor Bay DVD had it either.. It's not a big deal, but that opening was one of my favorite studio logos when I was a kid.
Sadly, Jamie Lee Curtis did not take part in the extras, which is disappointing considering that she was part of last year's Scream Factory Special Edition release of The Fog, and previous Halloween disc extras.... It could possibly be a result of a fee dispute, but I'm just guessing.. I do recall her talking about Prom Night on The Fog SE, so maybe to her, that was good enough..
Overall, despite the very minor personal cons, I think this SE is definitely worth the upgrade from any previous versions, which by the way, never had any special features, aside from the '98 Anchor Bay DVD which just had the theatrical trailer.
So I am very satisfied with this, and it was well worth the wait..
Bonus Features are ~
~Horrors of Hamilton High - "The Making Of Prom Night"
~Original Theatrical Trailer
~Motion Still Gallery
~Additional TV Footage that was shot for the Television premiere (As this movie had to be trimmed from the nudity, etc.) (11:11 in length)
~Never before seen outtakes from original Prom Night shooting script.
Audio Setup ~
English DTS-HD 5.1
English DTS-HD 2.0 Mono
Audio Commentary with Director Paul Lynch and Screenwriter William Gray Moderated by Paul Jankiewicz
English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The movie running time is about 1:32:44 with Credits.
See Jamie Lee in one of her first "Scream Queen" roles showing off her cleavage in several shots.
Look for a few actresses that played some of the roles in the movie like that of "Kelly", Marybeth Rubens who I thought was really nice looking.
We didn't get to see Jamie Lee herself in the special features talking about the movie, but she was mentioned more than once and I believe she talks about Prom Night in the features on "The Fog" movie Blu-ray. All in all, a really good edition to have if you love Jamie Lee in her early horror heyday.