- Actors: Michael Fassbender
- Format: NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English (Dolby TrueHD)
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Dubbed: French, Spanish
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: RestrictedR
- Studio: 20th Century Fox
- DVD Release Date: September 8, 2015
- Run Time: 248 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5,648 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B011ECVPHE
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #171 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Prometheus Blu-ray w/ Dhd
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ridley Scott, director of "Alien" and "Blade Runner," returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The design and special effects are truly excellent, setting a bar for the look and feel of future sci-fi films. If you can ignore some of the non-essential mumbo jumbo the writers inserted to try to produce a 'thinking' script, this film works well. I saw a basic premise that told a simple story the second time, which made the movie much more palatable then when I was trying to figure out the uneven mythology the writers were trying to produce. The key is focusing on David as the main character, and everything else fell in place for me.
Looking forward to Covenant.
Watch the story and enjoy, aliens aren't in the machinery, but the horror is there....when you realize this sets the foundation for what's to come.
I saw this in theaters when it came out, and was disappointed. I watched it again before watching Alien: Covenant (which I still recommend people do if they are interested in seeing Alien: Covenant because it is essentially Prometheus 2).
This film is completely plot-driven, meaning character is sacrificed in order to move the plot forward. The characters make ridiculous decisions because, if they acted rationally, there would be no movie. Unlike other entries in the Alien franchise, there is zero tension as the film moves from one set piece to the next at breakneck speed. It is a convoluted mess of a story.
The acting is top-notch, and the effects aren't bad. Much like Fassbender's David, this film has great surface level appeal, but there's no heart or soul. Having seen Alien: Covenant, and enjoyed it, I can say that, for me, this is the weakest film in the Alien franchise, and the only one that I probably will never buy other than to complete my collection. That kind of depends on the strength of Covenant's inevitable sequel.
Verdict: Rent before watching Covenant, buy to complete the collection. I will probably rewatch Prometheus if I rewatch Covenant...we shall see.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General