Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Promise Mass Market Paperback – July 1, 1989
Up to 50% off featured Literature and Fiction
Featured Literature and Fiction books are up to 50% off for a limited time. Learn More
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Publisher
From the Inside Flap
Top Customer Reviews
Other romance writers that I think are ten times better are: Amanda Quick (AKA Jayne Ann Krentz), Susan Elizabeth Phillips, LaVyrle Spencer, Katherine Sutcliffe, Sandra Brown, Laura Kinsale, Jill Marie Landis, Judith McNaught, Fern Michaels, etc.
[The thing is replete with words that simply don't fit.]
- Loc. 236 (Location 236) -- I'll important I'll [I'll/If?]
- Loc. 617-18 -- I don't care if I have to shoot you with Nembutal and drag you away myself, you're going. Is that dear?" [dear/clear?]
- Loc. 697-98 -- She remembered the words he had said to her at the rode where they'd hidden the beads the morning before. [rode/road?]
- Loc. 768-69 -- she felt the touch of the hand that had touched her aim before. [aim/arm?]
- Loc. 828-29 -- Her dreams of being Sister Agnes Marie had faded years ago, but die wanted to tease Gregson a little. [die/she?]
- Loc. 962-63 -- He didn't look terribly strong yet, but lying about bad to be difficult for him. [bad/had?]
- Loc. 1184 -- "She's coining to join us for coffee this afternoon. [coining/coming?]
- Loc. 1220-21 -- But by now lie knows about the surgery, and he must figure there's some improvement. [lie/he?]
- Loc. 1860 -- He was removing more of the bandages the nest day, [nest/next?]
- Loc. 1985-86 -- She never would have imagined that just seeing a friend of Michael's would do this to hen. [hen/her?]
- Loc. 2473-74 -- She only laughed and smiled up at George. But this time her ally's face told her ha was worried, too.Read more ›
Good plot line, but I wish the story could have been a little longer and complex. Many times, it felt like "This happened. Next thing you know, this happened" ... at times, a little dry. The ending could have been better because all the events leading up to it were nerve-wracking and exciting, but the conclusion felt unfinished and truncated. I had some unanswered questions in the end...
The Promise is my first Danielle Steel book, and if all of her books are like this one, I may have second thoughts on picking up another one of her books.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I picked up this book from a used book store and having never read any of Danielle Steele's work but knowing she was a popular writer, I wanted to see what it was about. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Painter Pat
I may have not love it on my re-read, but still like it... this book will always have a special place in me... ☺️Published 10 days ago by Gladys
I couldn't put it down. I read the whole book once I started. I love Danielle Steels books. I have read and have all of her books and would recommend it to everyone. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ruthie C.
Loved, loved, loved it. Wonderful characters as always. Had to shed a few tears on this one.Published 2 months ago by Suzanne A. Brown
I rally enjoyed reading, kept me wanting to get to the next chapter till the end.Published 2 months ago by Stephanie in Florida
I could not put the book down. Interesting from the beginning.Published 2 months ago by Linda Cortright
I love this book. I was looking for a copy and I found it o kindle. I read this book five times and knowing have a coy to keep. Thank you Amazon.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer