To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
65 Promises From God for Your Child: Powerful Prayers for Supernatural Results Paperback – February 5, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Wiley Summer Savings Event.
Save up to 40% during Wiley's Summer Savings Event. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Our family has been richly blessed by this book as our adult children are weaving their way through child rearing. Thank you! --Bob and Jane D Andrea, founder and CEO, Christian Television Network
Our greatest investment and contribution to the future of our planet is the quality of the children we parent. I highly recommend this work to all who love children and their destiny. --Myles Munroe, president and senior pastor, Bahamas Faith Ministries International
About the Author
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 63%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top Customer Reviews
The Bible says that they lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. The word goes on to say that David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. 1 Samuel 30:1-6.
This book by Mike Shreve will help you encourage yourself in the Lord. It has the potential to sharpen your sword and put arrows into your quiver. Reading out loud the 65 promises from God will stabilize your faith, and help you rediscover the spirit of the warrior within you.
After you read each promise, Mike goes into detailed analysis of that verse explaining why it is relevant for today. He then closes with a prayer of agreement, agreeing with you that the promise will manifest itself in the life of your family. I particularly like how he has provided blanks in the wording of the prayer where you can write in the name of your loved one.
If your children are young, this book will help you provide a stable and solid foundation to start bringing your children up in the strength and admiration of the Lord. As you pray, claim the promises for your own, speaking them out loud, until you are fully persuaded that it is the will of God for your entire family to know and serve the Lord. In closing, stand up and fight for your family, reclaim that which the enemy has stolen, and encourage yourself in the Lord.
mother, father & grandparent should have a copy of this book! It's full of wonderful insights into God's Word. Mr. Shreve has done an excellent job in encouraging & strengthening a parent's ability to speak into their
childrens lives. When you make these declarations, expect God to act!
1. The author puts forth the message in very clear terms but does so with a proper nuance. Dutch believers very much appreciate the nuance.
2. The breadth of the promises used and explained is impressive. Almost all, if not all blessings of the New Covenant are mentioned.
3. The author doesn't shy away from `sensitive' topics such as success and material prosperity but presents them in a clear and succinct way, with nuance but with a thoroughly Biblical argumentation.
4. It is a most helpful and needed tool for parents who often don't know to pray more for their children than `bless him/her' in very general terms. We all know the maxim `specific prayers lead to specific answers' and this tells us how to pray these specific prayers.
5. The short discussions of the key Scripture read like a devotional. Indirectly the parents are discipled themselves by what they read.
6. People find it easier to believe for others than for themselves, more so parents for their children. It therefore becomes a stepping stone for believing these wonderful promises for themselves. The simple rational is: "If I wish this to happen to my child, why wouldn't I believe that my heavenly Father wishes to do this for me?"
7. The introduction and closing pages are short but powerful argumentation for a Bible-bases and experience-oriented upbringing in the Christian faith.Read more ›
Would have loved to know these promises when my children were growing up but I know it now for my adult children and grandchildren!!
Read the promises, believe them, and declare them.
My generation and the next generation need desperately to be covered in prayer, what with all the temptations and nonsense that Satan tries to tempt young people with.
No, I'm not a parent. But my Grandpa bought this book for the sake of my sister who fell of the deep-end a couple of years ago.
I'm telling you, pray your heart out to God for your children and loved ones; they need it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for. Highly recommend for all parents and grandparents!Published 3 days ago by Heather M.
I have given out several of these books to others so that they can fully understand that the Word of God we speak over our children has power.Published 19 days ago by Judieth D. Allen
I bought this years ago on my Kindle. I read one promise a day for 65 days. I wrote out each prayer and promise for my children. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Doing what we do.
This was an amazing book to pray of your born or unborn child! I recommend anyone getting this as a gift to any pregnant mama or any mother/father! Read morePublished 2 months ago by KWOOD
Everything was great! Love the book! Many great scriptures & prayers! Thank you!Published 3 months ago by Ruth A. Chailland