BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 24, 2017
Not exactly what I was looking for.
on April 23, 2011
I have quite enjoyed this book in my new position. There are work pages and reflective exercises so that the principles become a part of how you think as a leader. I like it so much, I am recommending it as part of the curriculum for a collaboration between our business and educational leadership seminar. It is practical, relevant and realistic for today's leaders.
on February 14, 2011
The second edition of "Just Promoted" by the Doctors Betof is an extraordinarily valuable treatment of how to enable the successful passage of a leader into a new role. Newly appointed leaders face a perilous challenge of getting it right- both for the organization's success and their own career enhancement. This book is loaded with both the theoretical rationale of what to address as a new leader and more importantly how to do it. It turns out that the topics and tips in the book are not only relevant for newly appointed leaders but are extremely useful for leaders at all stages of their career.
If you are an executive coach and long time professional in the field of Leadership Development like myself, you will find this book to be an important refresher with much new content of the original 1992 edition which sparked the focus and research on this topic over the ensuing years. If you are a newly appointed leader, make sure you absorb the lessons therein.
Joseph R. Toto
Principal
JRT Consulting, LLC
on January 30, 2014
This book is a very practical guide that has helped me in my transition from developer to QA manager. It gave me valuable guidance on meeting with my boss and my reports early in the transition. The Leader Tools in the book were a great step-by-step guide covering everything from leaving your current position gracefully to crafting your vision with your new team.