Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 180 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 204 reviews
on May 18, 2014
First off... I would assume that price is the MAJOR factor in the purchase of this tablet. I bought 2 of these primarily to entertain a 4,6&8 year old on the multiple road trips planned for this summer.

I should preface this with the fact that I started out looking for a dual screen portable DVD player... or even 2 individual dvd players. For a similar price I got 2 of these. With the SD slot we can use them for movies and more.

They just arrived today, so this is completely based on my first hour or so of playing around with it. I was weary when I made the purchase. In the past I have purchased cheap electronics (mainly digital cameras) for the kids and they were garbage. These surprisingly aren't garbage. The screen does feel plastic, (which maybe will mean that it won't shatter when it is inevitably dropped.) The system does run slow. The touch screen isn't as responsive as on a higher end tablet. The screen isn't easily view-able from any angle other than straight on. But on the bright side, once a game is loaded, it runs fine. Videos seem to run on it pretty well. Although this is in now way competitive with a higher end tablet, it is a great kid friendly, cheap option. Hopefully they will make our summer car trips endurable!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 26, 2014
ProntoTec Axius 7 inch HD Dual Core Tablet is a very good value in price per performance. It has 6 GB storage. After installing bunch of applications, I still had available 5 GB. This runs Android 4.2.2. I have been using for few days with no issues. Obviously you should know the feature set and use within the limit. I will go into the specifications and review based on my user experience. The clarity of the screen is great for watching videos and reading e-books. The tablets are fast becoming commoditized and it is great we are seeing such value budget tablets. Performance was smooth among this price point 7" tablets I had used in past several months. As you can see in my video review, Temple Run Oz can be played smoothly and it has a buttery feeling. The tablet feels nice to handhold and the USB Host interface tops it all. Hand holding was easy, and the blue color is so vibrant it pops out!

Most of tablets have ARM based processors. This makes sure all of the Apps in Google Play ecosystem are available. This has Cortex A8 Dual Core 1.2 GHz. If you look at my video review, I have screenshots showing the CPU speed and other kernel details. The screen is 1024x 600 Pixels and has a RAM of 512MB. (DDR3 RAM). This tablet has high-performance Quad Core Mali-400 GPU ensures smooth and dynamic 3D graphics. This supports a wireless and cellular with Wi-Fi (802.11 BGN) and Support for 3G Dongles. Settings page has a IMEI number already assigned. Tablet has 2 cameras - Front 0.3M/Rear 2M. There is a built-in 2800mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery. Battery came for a good 5 hours with moderate usage. Battery usage really depends on how heavy you use the system. Overnight it drained very less. Mobile Networking was on by default. I switched off as I was using only Wi-Fi mode. I suggest you go to Settings and tweak things which are not required. Developer Mode was enabled by default. I turned it off. The capacitive touch screen was really good, some occasions I had to press little harder and at right locations, but pinch-zoom, highlight, Copy-Paste all worked very well.

The tablet has micro USB Port, a regular USB port, 3.5-mm stereo Headphone Jack, built-in speaker, microphone, micro SD card slot (upto 32 GB), a DC Input Jack and a USB Host Interface. Note that for powering through wall adapter you need to use the provided DC input jack. Speaker was loud enough. IN a room, once I keep the tablet in a stand it was good. Speaker is on the backside, so you don't want to lie this down on back as it will hamper the audio coming out. This is a design

Android tablets are really customizable to your heart's content. It is here where ProntoTec shines. Using a native Android 4.2.2, they have achieved something at a low cost. This can have a very wide reaching audience. In many countries, where affordability is key, having a tablet like this with Wi-Fi is a big boon. Imagine having entire Wikipedia at your fingertips for a child. I tried few educational applications on this. I consider this as a big hit with educators than gamers.

I tried Google Voice Search and asked "what is capital of United States". The voice recognition part was great and it was able to recognize and dictate the answer. I also tried Wolfram Alpha and asked bunch of questions. E.g., what is world population, what is population of China etc? The microphone picked up correctly and answered through Wolfram Alpha. Apps like Calculator, Gmail performed flawlessly.

I watched multiple video through few applications. Obvious first choice was YouTube. Was able to search and watch videos. Handholding is really easy given the weight of it. It was a colorful blue; no heat observed handholding the tablet. It is plastic, and buttons are made of plastic. For a kid, this is perfect also though the feature set is equally appealing to an adult. I was so enamored with low cost computers in late 90s and it seems I am reliving them with tablet. If you want to listen to podcasts/watch video then this is perfect. Just keep it in a stand and connect to power. See my video review to get an idea of what I am referring to.

For a computer geek, it is a challenge to design something with minimal resources - screen resolution, RAM, storage, chipset. ProntoTec has designed a tablet with budget conscious customer in mind. Out of the box, it worked to my satisfaction given the specification and price. Once powered on, it directly came to a working condition. No need to setup account prior to using. I signed with wifi, the wifi router was in one bedroom. I configured in another room separated by two rooms. There was no issue with wifi signal. Once connected, I created a Google account as well. I generated a Application Specific password as I had 2 factor authentication. Once signed on, I updated applications like YouTube, Google Keyboard etc. I downloaded Chrome and browsed few websites. Listened to Audio / Watched Video. Out of the box battery needed a full charge. Initially without charge, I did a video stream and wanted to see how device shutdown. Sure enough it shut down as battery drained. Powered on after charging and everything was fine.

I am impressed enough at the engineering for the price/value/budget it delivers. Cortex-A8 Processor is an ARM Cortex(tm)-A8 processor, based on the ARMv7 architecture, has the ability to scale in speed from 600MHz to greater than 1GHz. The Cortex-A8 processor can meet the requirements for power-optimized mobile devices needing operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized consumer applications requiring 2000 Dhrystone MIPS. This is from ARM specification. Pronto-Tec has pulled in many off the shelf components and assembled at a terrific value. I was particularly interested how it performs to streaming video. That is the golden test and it performed beautifully!
88 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2014
I received this product in perfect packaging and works great. Very fast Internet response and touch screen very decent. Comes with all accessories needed. Pretty impressive fast down loads. Down loaded 12 games for my lilone and took only 10 minutes in where my sisters brand tablet took an hr. This is perfect Table that fits my needs and my kid is sure going to enjoy this birthday gift. I am going to order another in the color I like for myself since this one is for the kiddo. Fantastic price. Works as if it was a very expensive product. I recommend this if u need something that is quick and convenient! Not too big and not too small in size and picture is exactly as advertised. ...
on August 4, 2014
The product arrived ahead of schedule and was packaged very well. Once opening, I found it to be just what I ordered, color and all. No damage what-so-ever. I bought this as a gift for one of my grandsons and I think he will get many months/years of enjoyment out of it too. Might even go as far as buying some of my other grandchildren the same product. If any issues arise I will be back with an update.
on October 14, 2014
We'll I have to say anyone who said this tablet sucks we'll I got news for u ur wrong I just got mine today and it's amazing no complaints everything works it's fast light portable and over all if ur complaining about this just remember it was 47 bucks come on if u don't like it go spend 100s on a tablet for me this is just perfect thanks once again amazon uv never failed me I will continue to shop with you :)
on October 27, 2015
My comments would be that the volume is pretty low. It would be hard to hear in a noisy environment. It did come with a screen protector in the package, but I couldn't put it on without lint and bubbles getting under the screen. The camera and the application it comes with seem really low resolution compared with my iPhone or Kindle. I wouldn't use this to take pictures. I wasn't able to see if Skype would work since there was some connection problem. Speed seems OK, but seemed to run the Inside Out game slowly.
on October 2, 2014
The product description says HDMI port, which was one reason I bought this model -- most other tablets state that they have a mini-HDMI port, and I didn't want to have to buy a converter for an HDMI to mini-HDMI cable (they're not expensive, but I already had the HDMI so why get more stuff?). Well, it's a mini-HDMI port, so the product description is wrong.

Also, I got it specifically to stream videos-- that's literally all I wanted it to do. It's so slow it can't do that. I don't know what these other reviews are talking about when they say they (or their kids) are watching videos on it-- I don't see how.
on February 11, 2015
Spend your money on something nicer. It won't charge at all. My 8year old had it for a month with only minimal use and now we have a 50 dollar paperweight.
on April 30, 2017
Recommended 100%
on September 3, 2014
Bought two of these, one in white and one in blue for my young nephews. Both screens broke within a month and made them useless. The rough nephew broke his first and I thought maybe he dropped it on something but the other one is very careful with his stuff and his broke in the same way. Before that, one of them was not working properly. Both had covers and both were broken by being dropped on carpet. Screen must be made from thin or poorly made material because it was broken too easily. Would not buy again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.