Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 370 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 399 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 4, 2014
ProntoTec Q8 7 inch Dual Core Tablet is a very good value in price per performance. It has 4 GB SDRAM. After installing bunch of applications, I still had available 2 GB. This runs Android 4.2.2. Android. Unlike other reviewers I did not face any issue at all out of the box and have been using for 3 days with no issues. Obviously you should know the feature set and use within the limit. I will go into the specifications and review based on my user experience.

Most of tablets have ARM based processors. This makes sure all of the Apps in Google Play ecosystem is available. This has Cortex A8 Dual Core 1.2 GHz. If you look at my video review, I have screenshots showing the CPU speed and other kernel details. The screen is 800 x 480 Pixels and has a RAM of 512MB. This supports a wireless and cellular with Wi-Fi (802.11 BGN) and Support for 3G Dongles. Settings page has a IMEI number already assigned. Tablet has 2 cameras - Front 0.3M/Rear 2M. There is a built-in 2800mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery. Battery came for a good 5 hours with moderate usage. Battery usage really depends on how heavy you use the system. Overnight it drained very less. Mobile Networking was on by default. I switched off as I was using only Wi-Fi mode. I suggest you go to Settings and tweak things which are not required. Developer Mode was enabled by default. I turned it off. The capacitive touch screen was really good, some occasions I had to press little harder and at right locations, but pinch-zoom, highlight, Copy-Paste all worked very well.

It is great the tablet has HDMI interface along with micro USB Port, 3.5-mm stereo Headphone Jack, built-in speaker, microphone, micro SD card slot and a DC Input Jack. Note that for powering through wall adapter you need to use the provided DC input jack. I was surprised with the HDMI port inclusion and I can connect this to a HDMI capable monitor or any HDTV. Speaker was loud enough. IN a room, once I keep the tablet in a stand it was good. Speaker is on the backside, so you don't want to lie this down on back as it will hamper the audio coming out. This is a design

Android tablets are really customizable to your heart's content. It is here where ProntoTec shines. Using a native Android 4.2.2, they have achieved something at a low cost. This can have a very wide reaching audience. In many countries, where affordability is key, having a tablet like this with Wi-Fi is a big boon. Imagine having entire Wikipedia at your fingertips for a child. I tried few educational applications on this. I consider this as a big hit with educators than gamers.

I tried Google Voice Search and asked "what is capital of United States". The voice recognition part was great and it was able to recognize and dictate the answer. I also tried Wolfram Alpha and asked bunch of questions. E.g., what is world population, what is population of China etc? The microphone picked up correctly and answered through Wolfram Alpha. Apps like Calculator, Gmail performed flawlessly.

I watched multiple video through few applications. Obvious first choice was YouTube. Was able to search and watch videos. I used TwIT.TV app and watched some segments of a podcast (video streaming through wifi). Again smooth playback. Handholding is really easy given the weight of it. It was a colorful blue; no heat observed handholding the tablet. It is plastic, and buttons are made of plastic. For a kid, this is perfect also though the feature set is equally appealing to an adult. I was so enamored with low cost computers in late 90s and it seems I am reliving them with tablet. If you want to listen to podcasts/watch video then this is perfect. Just keep it in a stand and connect to power. See my video review to get an idea of what I am referring to.

For a computer geek, it is a challenge to design something with minimal resources - screen resolution, RAM, storage, chipset. ProntoTec has designed a tablet with budget conscious customer in mind. Out of the box, it worked to my satisfaction given the specification and price. Once powered on, it directly came to a working condition. No need to setup account prior to using. I signed with wifi, the wifi router was in one bedroom. I configured in another room separated by two rooms. There was no issue with wifi signal. Once connected, I created a Google account as well. I generated a Application Specific password as I had 2 factor authentication. Once signed on, I updated applications like YouTube, Google Keyboard etc. I also downloaded few applications like TwitT.TV, Tetris from EA, etc. I downloaded Chrome and browsed few websites. Listened to Audio / Watched Video. Out of the box battery needed a full charge. Initially without charge, I did a video stream and wanted to see how device shutdown. Sure enough it shut down as battery drained. Powered on after charging and everything was fine.

I am impressed enough at the engineering for the price/value/budget it delivers. Cortex-A8 Processor is an ARM Cortex(tm)-A8 processor, based on the ARMv7 architecture, has the ability to scale in speed from 600MHz to greater than 1GHz. The Cortex-A8 processor can meet the requirements for power-optimized mobile devices needing operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized consumer applications requiring 2000 Dhrystone MIPS. This is from ARM specification. ProntoTec has pulled in many off the shelf components and assembled at a terrific value. I was particularly interested how it performs to streaming video. That is the golden test and it performed beautifully!
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2014
happy with the tablet I received, lightweight, practical, good performance, and has the most used components packaged well, fast shipping, greetings
on June 9, 2015
This tablet is alright. I got this because I pretty much couldn't afford a Kindle or iPad, just yet.
It broke really easily - and I've only had it for over 1 month. Mine is broken now - upon having it falling off of my counter (oops).

PROS -
- IT COMES WITH TWO PLASTIC SCREEN PROTECTORS. One is actually already on the screen, and the other comes in the box alone. I dropped mine and then the protector started to make little bubbles on the screen, nothing bad, and my mom " accidentally " pealed the whole thing off. I didn't know how to put the one that came alone, so that was probably apart of the problem.
- THE COLOR IS TRUE TO THE PICTURE. The blue is exactly like the picture.
- WIFI WORKS FINE. Sometimes it disconnects, but that's only when I'm using Free Wifi, not Wifi with a password.
- COMES WITH A GAME. When I first got it, I didn't have Wifi yet, so I had to wait to get it. But it had a built in game, Fruit Ninja, to help pass the time.

NEUTRALS -
- I ENDED UP HAVING TO GET AN APP TO MAKE MY TABLET FASTER. I had to download CleanMaster just to clean out the junk from apps and make them faster, too.
- BATTERY TIME WAS ALRIGHT. It lasted a few hours or so.

CONS -
- IT BROKE EASILY. Like I said, it may be because my mom accidentally pealed the screen protector off and I didn't know how to get it on.

Overall, this was a fine tablet.
on February 24, 2016
Wouldn't even give this one star. When i received my tablet the power button doesn't want to work right. I had to make my fingers sore trying to push the button. Once it came on it was frozen on the front screen for a couple hours until it just turned off. Tried to turn it on again and it froze while turning on. I tried taking a chance by buying this after reading the reviews and that was a mistake
on August 24, 2015
It showed up, but the screen protector that came with it was messed up, the "protection" around it was skewed so the protector itself is dirty and no longer clingy, it was also bent at the corner, so I would not lay properly. None of the things were in a bag, but the bags were in their empty. I bought this "new" but it seems warily refurbished to me, the charger does not even seem to fit right...like it was thrown in. One of the connectors looks like it has a small rust spot on it for a plug in for a mini usb....if my son wasn't so excited to get it for his birthday it would be going back tomorrow. If it hadn't been on sale like it was...it would already be heading back out the door.
As for the TABLET itself....it seems great, easily navigated, set up was simple. It was the packaging that needs some attention...
on July 1, 2014
I bought this tablet as a gift for my 10yr old daughter & she loves it. Prior to this purchase I bought 2 other tablets for my other children by different companies (1 I hate & the other is okay)....this tablet is my favorite & works the best. Its a good product with a great price. Has a lot of features that my daughter loves. Doesn't take forever to load pages. Battery life is good. Speakers are louder than expected. And there's lots of storage space...was surprised at how many games, videos & music I was able to download. I did buy extra memory but so far have not had to use it. For the price I honestly expected this tablet to be like the others & I'm very happy that wasn't the case. Overall happy with product & considering buying another for 1 of my other children.
on June 7, 2015
I Got my tablet on January 6th, 2015. And its currently, June 7th 2015. My tablet was A-OK within the first month of using it… and from there it just went down hill fast, the 2 charger ports don't work anymore… and in the past month it would turn on but hen if u bump the charger… like not even touch it it would stop charging and turn off… I DO NOT RECOMMEND! Do Not ignore this review… i ignored all th bad ones and kept reading the good ones… and let me tell you the first month id good but then from there on its a piece of you know what… I would like a refund but that ended in Feb.
on March 11, 2015
I brought the tablet for Christmas and I was really pleased with it then it stop working it will not take a charge nor come in no matter how long I leave it on the charger so now I am very disappointed Now the tablet has caught a fire and burned my child hand trying to get it to come on after charging. I would like to send it back for a replacement please a safer version though it is a present for a 6yr old girl my granddaughter. thank you I can be contacted at 828-316-8001 thank you
on November 29, 2014
I just got my tablet in today and I think its worth the $45. The picture is a little pixelated when watching ABC app but works great with the cw app. Battery does drain quickly but maybe because I haven't let it die all the way and then charge overnight. Did have to tweek a few settings out of the box due to freezing and slowing but after that it ran great. Better screen picture when holding long ways due to odd glair but I am really liking my tablet. Fast shipping as well.
on December 27, 2014
I'm very disappointed in this tablet and the company who sold it. Not only have they not returned any of my emails, amazon.com won't allow me to return or email me about this issue.

I bought this for my son for Christmas, the first time we turned it on it wouldn't go past the logo screen! I had purchased 2 and for my son and one for my daughter I checked hers and hers worked just fine but now I'm worried that hers will do they same thing eventually!