Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 22, 2015
I had a NDE after a serious motorcycle accident when I was 33 years old - I'm now 70! The experience will always be with me! Our Creators name is LOVE!!! Sometimes when I tell my story, the reactions are good and sometimes people just think the brain is reacting to the death process! I only wish I had the ability to express in words what took place, however, I now realize, that words can never express the LOVE that that I felt and the removal of all hate! Hate does not live in that realm, and can never live there! To feel totally immersed in LOVE, cannot be put into the languages of this world - I've tried and failed. I will tell you this much - all religions fail - ALL. Our creator is so far beyond this nonsense that I can't even put it in words! All I know is that I will always LOVE my creator, OM, or what ever name you want to use! I really stopped caring if people believed me or not, however, when they want to know what I experienced - I'm always happy to tell them what happened to me - as best I can - with the limitations that language can express! What a great book! Thanks to you Doctor; now others may understand what I went through! Rather you are a believer or not, Religious or Attheist, Agnostic, or what ever you are, at the very least you will come away with questions, that will at least make you wonder!!! I actually feel blessed that my Creator had me go through this in my Life - as painful as it was! It really made me look at Life in a much different way! Sorry for going on and on, but, I really appreciated this book, especially from a neurosurgeon! All I know is; that to me it was no dream! This was so different that I know it will be with me until I return to my Creator. What an experience! I thought my life was over at age 33, however, he/she, Creator, OM, Love, Truth, has shown me what Life really is! I hope all, and I mean all find what I found! Maybe, just maybe, this world or realm we live in would become a better place!
99 comments| 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2017
I was reading this book at the airport and was just starting to get into it. I had read bits of it. Then I met a lady who had a been a preacher's wife. He had died many years before and she was still unsure of where we go when we die. That was a sign. I gave her my book and told her I thought she'd probably find her answer there. I usually follow the signs if they are really obvious. This one was. I have already ready read a lot of near death experience books. I wanted to read this one because it had happened to a neurosurgeon. Now this is just my opinion but if God, the Universe, or whatever you believe in happens to put in your path for only an hour, someone who could benefit from this book, then it's message must be clear.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 18, 2016
This was the most convincing book I came across while preparing for how to deal with my husbands quickly approaching death from glioblastoma.In the 2 to 3 weeks before his death he saw deceased family members: our daughter, his sister, his grandfather,and even one of our sweet dogs who had passed. This author helped to assure me that he was going to a good place...or was already there. 15 days before he died he told me he was "almost there" and then said he "felt really good". This so much comforted me because to look at him this didn't seem possible. This book made his statements more convincing.
0Comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2017
An amazing story written by someone who is beyond reproach as far as the entire thing being explained away as fantasy or a dream of what he wanted things to be. Dr. Alexander does a good job of speaking to the layperson on his profession, the brain and how it functions, and he lays out clearly how what happened to him truly was medically impossible. A short book at under 200 pages, which makes it a quick read, but don't let that fool you, it is a powerful message.
on March 27, 2017
I am thinking of so many people who are dear to me who need this book. My hope is that the great majority will accept my invitation to read it. I hope they will not reject that opportunity. If they do read it, it will touch their spiritual selves...the very part of them which science has largely succeeded in convincing them does not exist. The unique perspective of this particular author is of great importance in both having had the experience and in the telling of it. That was not an accident.
on March 9, 2017
Ever wonder if there really is life after death? Ever doubted yourself? Well then, this book is for you — especially those of you who believe science is the end all and be all of this world. We are loved. There is a God. And we will never be separated completely from Him. Sit down. Put your feet up. And take a journey into reality.
on October 5, 2017
As a paradoxical Christian-skeptic, I myself often discredited published NDEs as fantastic means of generating income for the story teller. This book came recommended from my older brother, where as I may be considered bright by most, he is luminescent by comparison. So naturally, I devoured this book within 48hrs.
Simply incredible.
Obviously written by a doctor, no detail was thought to be unimportant and so, the story was like that of fiction in it's sheer explation. However, the accompanying medical data shut out my laymen doubt by the 28th chapter.
If you struggle with the idea of NDE accounts as I did, be you Christian or otherwise, I highly recommend this book in that it is certainly thought provoking at the very least.
on October 16, 2017
Because this book was written by a neurosurgeon, gives me hope that there's really life after death. I lost my grandson to suicide 10 months ago, he was the love of my life. I just want to be with him again. Parts of the book were hard to understand, too many medical terms for me. I'm not a Dr. . But Ebons story gives me hope. I have always believed that God created science.
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2015
As an ICU nurse, I could not put this book down. I read it all the way through in one sitting. I have cared for so many comatose patients and been beside countless patients as they passed away. My religious belief of a life after death has always been at odds with my factual understanding of personality and consciousness as functions of the brain. The "personhood" of the long term comatose patient was gone. But where? And this is the question that the author, neurosurgeon, attempts to answer from his own experience. Absolutely spell-binding.
on August 24, 2013
We have both the book and CD of this publication and I have to say that, while I almost always prefer books to "books on audio", I far prefer listening to this on CD than reading the printed version. The reason is that, since the audio version is being read by the author and not a paid professional, the description of his experience is richer than the printed version as you can "hear" the excitement in the authors voice as he describes a particular experience, or hear that he puts emphasis on one word in a sentence and not another....a difference that can present a very different meaning. And when describing such an esoteric experience, these difference can be very important in understanding what happened to him. Listening to him describe his fantastic experience provides critical color and depth you do not receive when reading the book.

As far as the story goes, its a must read (or "listen") that importantly, transends any particular religious denomination. And what makes it so credible is his background as a doctor and scientist. In certain chapters, he explains in a very detailed and scientific level why its impossible that these experiences could have been fabricated by his earthly mind. You come away with the impression that, "this guy knows what he is talking about" which sets the stage for the incredible story that follows.

He presents his experience in an oscillating manner, each chapter alternating between what is happening to his physical body in the hospital, to what his spirit is experiencing as it enters a heavenly realm. Many parts are hair raising (in a wonderful and beautiful way). I'm not sure why, but I can connect and see what he is describing as he goes through the experience as though that on some level, I know I have been there before as well and I have a feeling many other listeners will have the same experience of thinking..yah...I dont know why...but on some level...I KNOW what he is talking about!