Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 22, 2015
I had a NDE after a serious motorcycle accident when I was 33 years old - I'm now 70! The experience will always be with me! Our Creators name is LOVE!!! Sometimes when I tell my story, the reactions are good and sometimes people just think the brain is reacting to the death process! I only wish I had the ability to express in words what took place, however, I now realize, that words can never express the LOVE that that I felt and the removal of all hate! Hate does not live in that realm, and can never live there! To feel totally immersed in LOVE, cannot be put into the languages of this world - I've tried and failed. I will tell you this much - all religions fail - ALL. Our creator is so far beyond this nonsense that I can't even put it in words! All I know is that I will always LOVE my creator, OM, or what ever name you want to use! I really stopped caring if people believed me or not, however, when they want to know what I experienced - I'm always happy to tell them what happened to me - as best I can - with the limitations that language can express! What a great book! Thanks to you Doctor; now others may understand what I went through! Rather you are a believer or not, Religious or Attheist, Agnostic, or what ever you are, at the very least you will come away with questions, that will at least make you wonder!!! I actually feel blessed that my Creator had me go through this in my Life - as painful as it was! It really made me look at Life in a much different way! Sorry for going on and on, but, I really appreciated this book, especially from a neurosurgeon! All I know is; that to me it was no dream! This was so different that I know it will be with me until I return to my Creator. What an experience! I thought my life was over at age 33, however, he/she, Creator, OM, Love, Truth, has shown me what Life really is! I hope all, and I mean all find what I found! Maybe, just maybe, this world or realm we live in would become a better place!
66 comments| 350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 20, 2018
Doctors/scientists often try to explain near death experiences in a scientific manner. This doctor actually experienced the after life, knew all of the usual scientific explanations, and explained how, particularly in his case, that there were no scientific explanations for what he experienced. I’m so glad that he wrote this book
on January 19, 2018
Very informative recollections of a scientist's journey to heaven and back. His background as a neurosurgeon gives credence to his story. Miracles still happen.
on March 26, 2017
It gives hope. It gives meaning to this world. A fantastic story that holds you in awe and in love.
on April 27, 2017
I've read this book before and gave it away. It's so excellent and so compelling and well written, I missed it and need the encouragement it wonderfully provides
on May 26, 2017
I really loved this book. The Dr.'s detail was quite astounding. I love the fact that he took the time to write down his experience before telling anyone his story. I highly recommend this book.
on February 28, 2017
Very interesting book with as good of scientific research as could be done with this subject matter. It was made more believable written by a nonbeliever converted to a believer through this experience.
on January 27, 2013
Enjoyed this book. Would have liked more description for the other side. I would expect it is difficult to relate something this mind blowing to the average human in this plane, but this adventure is so extraordinary that more elaboration would have been good. Like how did he physically feel, could he look at himself, see himself, or was he just floating around. Maybe it doesn't really matter how you look or feel physically once you have left this planet, as long as you are you. I have often wondered when we move over to the other side, and if we meet again people we knew before, what are their features. And if we go thru many lives on earth, which one do we see when we leave each time. Probably something like looking at someone here who is dressed differently each day, different hair style etc. Except over there you are "dressed" in a different body, sexual orientation etc. I like the way Michael Newman asked questions of his patients under hypnosis. And the answers seemed logical. That we are all learning here on earth and learning when we leave. In the end the author of this book discovered what I would expect (or hope to expect) and that is that we are all connected with God, (we may even be God in little bits, and combined we are All That Is)
on September 18, 2016
The author does a great job of bringing science into his discussion of a topic that is truly beyond modern science. This careful blend of head and heart moves the topic of Heaven beyond fantasy and dogma into an inspiring reality. For this pastor, it was a refreshing read in an age skepticism.
on August 31, 2017
Still reading it, but the book is very interesting. Haven't found any proof yet, but the descriptions are interesting.