BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 22, 2015
I had a NDE after a serious motorcycle accident when I was 33 years old - I'm now 70! The experience will always be with me! Our Creators name is LOVE!!! Sometimes when I tell my story, the reactions are good and sometimes people just think the brain is reacting to the death process! I only wish I had the ability to express in words what took place, however, I now realize, that words can never express the LOVE that that I felt and the removal of all hate! Hate does not live in that realm, and can never live there! To feel totally immersed in LOVE, cannot be put into the languages of this world - I've tried and failed. I will tell you this much - all religions fail - ALL. Our creator is so far beyond this nonsense that I can't even put it in words! All I know is that I will always LOVE my creator, OM, or what ever name you want to use! I really stopped caring if people believed me or not, however, when they want to know what I experienced - I'm always happy to tell them what happened to me - as best I can - with the limitations that language can express! What a great book! Thanks to you Doctor; now others may understand what I went through! Rather you are a believer or not, Religious or Attheist, Agnostic, or what ever you are, at the very least you will come away with questions, that will at least make you wonder!!! I actually feel blessed that my Creator had me go through this in my Life - as painful as it was! It really made me look at Life in a much different way! Sorry for going on and on, but, I really appreciated this book, especially from a neurosurgeon! All I know is; that to me it was no dream! This was so different that I know it will be with me until I return to my Creator. What an experience! I thought my life was over at age 33, however, he/she, Creator, OM, Love, Truth, has shown me what Life really is! I hope all, and I mean all find what I found! Maybe, just maybe, this world or realm we live in would become a better place!
22 comments| 240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2016
Bought this book as a gift and was going to read a couple pages just to see if it was a good book, well hours later I had finished the book. I am not big on reading books so for me to stay interested in a book to read the entire thing especially at once says a lot, it is a excellent book in my opinion though and worth the read for people who believe in heaven or also people who do not it might would be a eye opening read for those type of people. Book is priced very good as well for quality of the book and how good and interesting this book. is.
on March 15, 2016
Hey, the guy's a neurosurgeon. He knows his brain could not have produced what he experienced in the state it was in and in the severity of illness. Further, if you ask me, what happened was nothing less than a miracle. You've got to read this book!
Since the author was not dead during this time, but in a coma, I don't see how this could really be a NDE. After indicating he is in this experience, each time he goes on to say how he cannot begin to put it into words for us.

Much of the book is taken up with medial information and family information. Not nearly enough of the book is devoted to his "heavenly experience."

In my opinion, while the author may well believe this occurred, I am more inclined to believe he had some kind of dream or hallucination.
on May 20, 2017
Have read many stories about experiences similar to these. Most resently "Dying to be Me" Makes the words in the Torah "HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE" come to life.
on October 17, 2017
I think this is a really good book. If you are interested in the 'dying and coming back' subject, I think it is quite interesting and well done. I would also recommend 90 Minutes in Heaven if you find these stories interesting . If you don't believe that this experience happens to people, no book like this - including this one - will be satisfying to you anyway...
on April 22, 2017
I chose this rating because I really enjoyed this book. It was entertaining, educational and spiritual all at once. I would recommend this book to everyone. Especially those who have sensed the presence of God but still doubt at times.
on April 22, 2014
This is mostly a comment about a previous 1-star review by InquiringMind, dated Jan. 13 2013:

After saying that the reviewer "decided to check out his [the author's] background on healthgrade[s].com", that review states:

"His [the author's] background includes two malpractice suits .... and in both cases he attempted to conceal what happened -- in one case retroactively altering the original diagnosis to make it appear he hadn't erred."

I got curious and checked healthgrades.com. I found two cases of sanctions - one for performing diskectomy on C4-5 (rather than C5-6), the other for performing it on C5-6 (rather than C6-7). According to healthgrades.com, it appears the author entered into a Consent Order with the VA Board of Med regarding these sanctions, and currently has a "full and unrestricted" medical license.

I could find ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to corroborate such "attempt to conceal" by "retroactively altering the original diagnosis to make it appear he hadn't erred," even after repeatedly scouring the healthgrades.com website thoroughly.

(If I missed anything, I would be interested in learning about WHERE in the healthgrades.com website such "attempt to conceal [sanctions] ... by retroactively altering the original diagnosis to make it appear he hadn't erred" is discussed.)

Such serious accusations, made in public, should only be made if the reviewer / accuser HAS CONCRETE PROOF and is POSITIVELY SURE of what he is talking about. And the urge to exaggerate, and to add fabricated / falsified details should be resisted.

(The four stars I gave to the book is just a guess - based on a very quick cursory skimming of the book, and the average rating it got - did buy the book, it's sitting on the shelf, but never had the chance yet to read it thoroughly enough to give it a meaningful review.)
on June 12, 2017
If it's true, as it claims, it is incontrovertible. Read it, if you doubt. Made me think.
on January 1, 2017
Very interesting read. This book makes you think about your own beliefs and expands your mind to consider what else may be true. I would definitely recommend.