Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 9,675 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10,790 reviews
on October 22, 2015
I had a NDE after a serious motorcycle accident when I was 33 years old - I'm now 70! The experience will always be with me! Our Creators name is LOVE!!! Sometimes when I tell my story, the reactions are good and sometimes people just think the brain is reacting to the death process! I only wish I had the ability to express in words what took place, however, I now realize, that words can never express the LOVE that that I felt and the removal of all hate! Hate does not live in that realm, and can never live there! To feel totally immersed in LOVE, cannot be put into the languages of this world - I've tried and failed. I will tell you this much - all religions fail - ALL. Our creator is so far beyond this nonsense that I can't even put it in words! All I know is that I will always LOVE my creator, OM, or what ever name you want to use! I really stopped caring if people believed me or not, however, when they want to know what I experienced - I'm always happy to tell them what happened to me - as best I can - with the limitations that language can express! What a great book! Thanks to you Doctor; now others may understand what I went through! Rather you are a believer or not, Religious or Attheist, Agnostic, or what ever you are, at the very least you will come away with questions, that will at least make you wonder!!! I actually feel blessed that my Creator had me go through this in my Life - as painful as it was! It really made me look at Life in a much different way! Sorry for going on and on, but, I really appreciated this book, especially from a neurosurgeon! All I know is; that to me it was no dream! This was so different that I know it will be with me until I return to my Creator. What an experience! I thought my life was over at age 33, however, he/she, Creator, OM, Love, Truth, has shown me what Life really is! I hope all, and I mean all find what I found! Maybe, just maybe, this world or realm we live in would become a better place!
22 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2017
Interesting reading. Finished it in two days. Almost believable! Certain sources indicated the validity was in question. The reader must make up his or her mind.
on October 7, 2016
Proof of Heaven was the most inspirational book I have ever read. Doctor Eben Alexander's story about his near death experience was confirmation to me, about our lives after death. Any small doubt I may have had through the years is gone. I am just a happy ordinary person, living a happy ordinary life and have very little formal education, so I had to really concentrate to understand parts of the book. But, when Dr. Alexander wrote of his experiences in Heaven, I fully understood what I was reading. I felt his words had to be guided by God Himself. Words to be shared with others. Words anyone could understand. I thank Dr. Alexander for stepping out of the previous life he lived into a life of total belief, and for sharing that experience with all who read his book or hear him speak. Now, having read this book, I totally understand my own near death experience.
on January 17, 2015
Dr. Alexander is a highly rational man whose foundational experiences were based in the scientific method. His near-death experience made him reassess much of what he believed previous to his encounter with the infinite, loving Deity during a coma induced by ecoli meningitis. In the book, he takes the reader along on his journey using the simplest, most coherent and articulate language to recapture what happened to him.

I have read this book three times. It is touching, reassuring, and its explanation of human consciousness is far more rational than the reductionist materialist view that is embraced by those enamored of science untempered by acknowledgment of a realm that is immeasurable but undeniably real.
on January 15, 2017
This is a good read. I especially recommend it to scientists, teachers, and medical professionals.
A skeptic (by both training and inclination) of the near-death experiences related to him by his patients, Dr. Alexander was forced to examine his assumptions after his own coma journey proved them baseless. His honesty is both refreshing and enlightening. A sometimes clinically detailed account, it is nonetheless a valuable tool for anyone seeking to better understand the nature of our existence.
on January 1, 2017
Very interesting read. This book makes you think about your own beliefs and expands your mind to consider what else may be true. I would definitely recommend.
on January 31, 2017
MY MOM is getting into her late 70s...and many of her friends seem to be moving from this life....and this is the only book she has EVER read numerous times, she's very analytical minded. I think she is finding understanding in life after death, which of course is inevitable...her fav author quote is "all is well". I'm reviewing it for her bc she ordered it off my account. I think her recommendation would be much more glowing...I've read it and enjoyed it , but not more than once.
on September 18, 2017
I had goosebumps throughout most of this book! It is so uplifting and powerful! Any fears I had of the after-life have all but disappeared. I love Dr. Alexander's candor about his attitude and behavior prior to his NDE and his palpable enthusiasm and joy since the experience. His personal situation about being adopted, resonated very strongly with me. My older brother is adopted and his struggles throughout his life, I believe, are due to unresolved feelings about his biological father. There is so much good to be gleaned from this book, I have no doubt that I will be re-reading it! Highly recommend!
on April 2, 2014
This books potential readership falls into three categories:

1. Those who are convinced there is an afterlife.
2. Those who are convinced that life ends with the death of our body.
3. Those who think there must be something beyond our material existence but have no experience on which to base this belief.

Eben Alexd claims he wrote this book for those in category 3, in which I am included.

Proof of Heaven confirms much of what William Bray discloses in Quantum Physics, Near Death Experiences, Eternal Consciousness, Religion, and the Human Soul, but there the resemblance ends. Bray's unfocused memoir is virtually impenetrable to anyone who isn't a physics scholar. If not for the monumentality of the subject matter I would have given up on it. In spite of the Bray's scientific credentials, the sloppiness of his writing casts a shadow on his credibility.

Eben Alexander, on the other hand, has gone to the time and trouble of writing a book that is a pleasure, rather than a chore, to read. Proof of Heaven is clean, clear, precise, and credible. The author neatly balances the facts of his personal history and family background, with his "adventure" in the non-material world. For this reader, Proof of Heaven was a life altering experience. At 78 years of age, death has morphed from hypothetical to an imminent inevitability. It was therefore a comfort to be reassured by someone who has plunged into the abyss and survived to tell the tale. The message Eben Alexander delivers is a familiar one: 'Good News, God is Love.'

True, his (admittedly inadequate) description of the afterlife (i.e. "heaven") is not entirely a pretty picture but anything is preferable to oblivion. Right?

Right?
on February 15, 2017
A fascinating view of the beyond by an initially skeptical medical doctor/neurosurgeon.