- File Size: 2350 KB
- Print Length: 234 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Three Strand Press (March 7, 2016)
- Publication Date: March 7, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01CQ2707K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#19,381 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #178 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #184 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- #368 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Proof of Life: A Christian Romance (BlackThorpe Security Book 4) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
(Though reviews are inherently subjective, I prefer to provide some organization to my opinions through the use of a personal rubric. The following notes may contain spoilers.)
Plot and Setting: 4 -- Plot has unique elements and no major holes, but a few shaky bits and/or a slight lack of focus. The whole premise is, fortunately, unlikely to the point of being almost hard to believe. But it is handled well, and the Alana plot is incorporated in wonderful ways. Setting is clear and believable. Timeline may be a bit hard to follow. Slight confusion with how old they were at their last meeting. According to book 3, Melanie was 16 when abducted, and A & A are about 4 years older, so Alex was 20. They married soon after that, but in this book he seems to have been 19. Also a lot of stuff packed into a very few weeks.
Characters: 5 -- Relatable, realistic, interesting, dynamic characters. Alex and Rebecca married very young, with the added difficulty of limited means of contact. So while Alex suggested abortion as a reaction to the terrible things he had seen, Rebecca assumed he had changed into someone she didn't know. It's awkward when they meet again, but both are mature enough to not overreact to small things, and instead manage to talk things through and sort things out fairly sensibly and smoothly. Even minor characters have depth, as do the relationships between characters. Lots of strength in relations with Alex's family and work community.
Mechanics and Writing: 4 -- A handful of typos, punctuation issues, or word errors, but nothing that seriously hinders understanding. Includes things like flubbed suffixes, dashes where hyphens should be, and 'him' in place of 'hymn.' Good use of POV (Alex and Rebecca). Generally skillful writing.
Redeeming Value: 4.5 -- Partially focused uplifting themes or lessons. The main spiritual journey is Alex's, as he learns to stop carrying his guilt when he knows he is forgiven. There's a prayer vigil for Alana, as well as frequent prayers for her from Alex as he goes through his days. It's neat to see how Justin is comforted and encouraged and at peace when surrounded by prayers. Sex, alcohol, violence, etc, are not glorified, but it does contain hints of terrible things with Alex's past in the military and Alana's (and Melanie's) kidnapping.
Personal Enjoyment: 4.5 -- I loved it. Highly enjoyable and very entertaining, with perhaps an issue or two that tempered my pleasure. One I'll definitely read again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
She is a writer that leaves me wanting one more chapter
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational