Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 176 reviews
on October 3, 2011
With neck fusion surgeries that have left me with virtually no movement in the neck and extremly limited movement of both arms, I was losing the ability to use my small electronic equipment. I had not used my beloved Kindle in over a month. My home computer is fitted with a gas airlift, but similar devices are not made for smaller items. I decided to order this item to see if I could use the devices again. I expected that I would have to ask my husband to return it. It was a very happy surprise to see this product simply holds my Kindle and iPad while I read.
I am extremely grateful to the company for manufacturing it and to Amazon for carrying it.
on August 29, 2011
I bought this product for use mainly with my Ipad but have found it works great for my Kindle reading in bed too. So far tho' I am unhappy with the non-slip strips. They have curled up badly and leave a sticky residue to deal with. I received a non solicited e-mail from the company acknowledging this problem and they assured its customers that they were working on a fix..but so far nothing. Also the angle control slips when placed in its lowest slot which is also the most comfortable angle for me. So, the jury is still out. Overall I like the product..esp. if they figure out a fix for the strips
As an addendum...the company fulfilled their promise to fix the non slip strips. The fix arrived in my mailbox sooner than expected..it was simple to replace the strips and I am very happy. The company has been fantastic in its responses to me I am amazed at the customer service. I am more than happy to recommend Padded Spaces to ll!
on November 24, 2013
I couldn't decide between this one or the Prop 'n Go Slim so I bought both thinking I would send back whichever one didn't work for my needs. However, both do so I kept them both. This Lite one works good for when I'm on the couch watching tv. The extra height of this one is better suited for that for me. The Prop 'Go Lite one works better for me when I'm in bed reading or playing games. I bought these to use with my Kindle Fire HD but it would work for any tablet or ereader. It's universal. I emailed the maker of these direct and he responded immediately and answered all my questions. Very professional and courteous. Would definitely buy again. This is perfect lap stand and makes my tablet/ereader experience so much more enjoyable. Glad I came across this.
on December 16, 2011
I absolutely love the Prop 'n Go Lite Hybrid Lap Stand. It is perfect for sitting in my recliner and reading with my Kindle 2. I went through leaning my Kindle against a pillow on my lap for years, and wishing I had a specially shaped wedge cushion to hold it. Then I discovered that others had had the same idea. I tried out the "Prop 'n Go," and the Ipevo MEPX-04IP IPEVO Cushi Pillow Stand for iPad and iPad 2 - Blue Denim and the Adjustable Laptop Table with Cooling Fans Portable Laptop Laidback Computer Desk Bed Tray Book Stand Multifuctional & Ergonomics design dual layer tabletop up to 17 3/4". Of all three, I think the Prop 'n Go is, by far, the best.

I read for hours at a time, and I love the comfort of the Prop 'n Go, and the simplicity and ease of adjusting the reading angle to the perfect position, the soft cushion for you lap, and the smaller size to make it easier to carry, store, or simply sit out of the way on an end table when not in use. Also, I have the old K2 that requires a push on the side bars to advance the page. So I find the open space created by the angle of the prop very handy. I can actually rest my hand on the side of the Prop 'n Go, with my fingers curled behind the Kindle in the open space created by the prop, and then I can push the K2 page advance bar with my thumb. I don't really understand the need for the non-slip strips. I think they don't really come into play when your Kindle is propped up at an angle, as the small bar at the bottom holds the Kindle in place. However, I have not had any issues with them as other reviewers have mentioned, so I assume the problem has been fixed. Also, I keep my Kindle in a soft padded case with a front cover that zips open and folds backs behind the Kindle. There is enough room between the angle, and the bar at the bottom of the Prop 'no Go to accomodate my Kindle while in its case. So I don't have to remove the protective case from my Kindle to read. The angled lap cushion on the Prop 'n Go also raises the Kindle screen to a more comfortable level for viewing. I don't have to bend my neck as much as when my Kindle was simply propped against a pillow in my lap. If you have a Kindle Touch, I think this would be even more of a consideration, as there's no keyboard at the bottom to raise the screen a little higher.

When I tried the Ipevo Cushi Pillow, there was only one angle. It worked okay, and was certainly better than a pillow in my lap, but for me it was not as handy as the Prop 'n Go, as I missed the angle adjustment feature. Also it was difficult to curl my hand around the back of my Kindle, as there's no open space there. In its favor is the fact that it's all fabric and cushion--there's nothing to break if you fall asleep while reading, and the cushion is removable, allowing you to wash the covering fabric.

The Adjustable Laptop Table was nice too--but a lot more hassle to adjust, and bigger and heavier to carry around, and as with the Cushi Pillow, there's no room to curl my hand around my Kindle. Also, unless your recliner chair arms are really wide apart, the legs of the table may not fit between the chair arms to rest on the seat cushion, although it would work well on a sofa. Also, I think it might be nice in the summer time, when it feels too hot to have even a small cushion on your lap. I think this product is really more intended for laptops, although it will work with IPads and Kindles.

So after having tried all three, I still came back to the Prop 'n Go as the absolute, hands-down, best product for reading my Kindle. I really, really love it, and would highly recommend it to anyone with a Kindle.
on July 18, 2013
I love my Prop 'n Go Lite! I'm using it right now to write this review. I bought this because I needed a way to use my iPad from while in bed. At the time of purchase I had a broken tailbone. I had been using a pillow, but my iPad kept slipping and it was very hot. I did some searching, watched a few reviews on the web, and thought Prop 'n Go Lite would fit my needs. I was right. From the moment I started using it I loved it! It was soft and light even with my 3rd generation iPad. I love all the multiple angles. That's the best!

However, as much as I loved it. I was unfortunate to receive an older model that had the non-slip strips that pilled off. I contacted Padded Spaces and they got back to me so quickly. I took some pictures of the problem and they said they would ship out the new and improved strips. And that would have been enough for me. But they went above and beyond. Not only did they send out the new strips but they sent me another Prop 'n Go Lite!!!! Best customer service EVER!!!!
on May 1, 2016
I ordered this product because I was really looking for something that could hold my Amazon fire HD 10" tablet while I'm reading in bed. I have an active 5 year old son that is constantly hopping in and out of my bed so I was really looking for something stable, sturdy, not bulky and adjustable. With this product I found all of that and so much more!! The pink fluffy padding is so unbelievably soft and after receiving this product I found out that the company donates to breast cancer when the pink is purchased so to me that is just another added bonus. I purposely left my tablet standing up on the pillow (just like I would when reading) and no matter how many times my son got on and off the bed my tablet did not once wobble or even attempt to fall over. It is so unbelievably nice to be able to sit back and read in bed without having to constantly hold my tablet or worry about it falling over. The lip in front prevents the tablet from sliding at all and the slider piece behind it is tall enough so that no matter what position the tablet is in it will not wobble or fall, it is adjustable with 14 slots for adjusting so no matter what position I can get comfortable. This is by far the best tablet stand I have seen, ever, I ordered about 3 others and while technically functional they were by no means sturdy and 2 were so small it was just about useless. This product is the perfect size, shape, weight, well made, not flimsy, very sturdy. I just cannot say enough about this product! I hope this company soars because they have truly made a really fabulous product that people can really use and depend on!! So anyone looking for a tablet stand, you can stop looking because this is the one! To the company that made this product, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! BEST product ever and it is nice to finally see a company make such a sturdy and dependable product. Well worth the money!
on December 28, 2011
Does exactly what is supposed to do. Very good quality. I think the issues will the sticky strips has been fixed. Can't wait to use it to watch a movie. It works great with my Xoom, Fire, and Kindle.

3/21/2012 received new non stick tape in the mail about a month ago waited to revise review to see if there was any issue with the new tape. I'm happy to report it is working great.

1/20/2012 non slip tape is coming off with minimal use. Contacted company and their response is they are working on it...nothing else. Revised my original 5* review to 3* until problem is solved.

12/29/2012. Received an unsolicited email from this company wanting to make sure that I was happy with their product. It contained an phone number and email address if I had any issues. I'm impressed.
VINE VOICEon August 4, 2015
I have been using a tablet since 2012, and have tried MANY holders, some cheaper and some more expensive. I had one of these two years ago and lost it. Not having one for two years I missed it and had to get another one and still love it. I use it on the desk, on my lap (I am over weight and have a stomach so it does not sit flat, not only is it stable but in no way hurts stomach or causes any discomfort.) my husband is bed ridden so he puts it on his chest and has no problem. Only thing is the wedge that is the standard, not when it is being used, sometimes pops out. It does not break and is very easy to reattach but just do not loose it.
on February 10, 2014
I thought it was a 3-star product even before the rubber strips came off because I needed a sharper angle than this unit provided, but without those rubber strips, my iPad is a slip-slidin' mess.

I should not have to waste my time chasing down a vendor for such an obvious flaw when many others have made the same complaint. They should be proactive and recall these items with a fix instead of continuing to sell a clearly flawed product.

I DIYed a permanent fix using friction tape on my own, but I just wanted to warn others. Unless you plan on budgeting a call to customer service before buying, stay away.
on November 24, 2014
I use a lap desk quite often both with my Ipad and with books I don't enjoy holding for an extensive time. I've tried many different styles over time. Most are not very well thought out and rather flat. Well, hold on because this one is an item someone actually gave a lot of very practical thought to. The person had to have very fine design skills too. I really enjoy that it's light weight yet, well padded on the bottom.There is an inner wedge tool which is designed to pop into it's spot in order to prop up your book or tablet. You can store your Tablet or average size book for secure keeping inside the lap desk too. I also keep paper and pen for notes etc inside this compact lap desk. The top or lid desk has a very good latch to secure what ever your keeping in this very handy little desk. The top surface is perfect for just about anything you would want to use it for. This lap desk is a dream to use.