BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on December 27, 2013
Bought this one at Costco for about $50. It is the nicest helicopter I have ever flown. It has a 3 or 4 channel option, but I found that 4 channels is actually easier to control. It comes with 2 batteries and a charger that can charge both at the same time. It comes with a USB charging cable so you can charge it from a USB wall adapter or the USB port on a computer. The charger can also plug into the remote control, but I prefer the wall so I don't waste my 6 AA batteries in the remote. The remote is really nice with an LCD display to show you the status of the trim and the controls. It also has two speed modes, one for indoor and a faster one for outdoor. Wind has an enormous effect on it so it's best to flight on a day with no wind if flying outside. It is surprisingly durable. I have had a few crashes but nothing severe. The plastic is really light and feels flimsy but it hasn't chipped or cracked at all yet.

The batteries only last about for about 5 minutes of sustained flight before they will no longer keep the copter in the air. If it weren't for this it would be a full 5 stars. It was definitely worth it for the Costco price, but I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it.
on January 24, 2014
Having crashed and destroyed a $300 plane (my daughter's birthday present) after about 3 minutes of flight, this little heli has been nothing but great fun.

I started off slow, take it up and then back down. Takes a few days to get the feel for it. And around here, the early mornings have the least wind, so I'd have my coffee and play with my daughter's Christmas present. :) She adapted to it faster than I did.

After about a week we were getting a little fancy, chasing cats and seeing how fast we could make it cross the yard, how high we could send it, etc... Until I finally crashed it hard into her wagon and broke a propeller. Now I remember spare blades came with this machine, and if I could just find them I could continue to experience the awe and wonder of flying this thing.

I think I'm just going to buy another and use it's spare blades to fix the old one, and also have another to play with. These things are really that fun. At my age, not many things stimulate my interest anymore. This simple little toy did.
on February 2, 2014
This heli is the perfect size for indoor flying and I haven't had any problems after at least 50 flights. I am starting to notice that my batteries are not lasting as long as when I got them but that is to be expected. I have had numerous hard landings but I have been flying inside on carpet and hard wood floors. The thin plastic is perfect for indoor flight, but I don't think it would fare very well flying off the street. If you land hard or dont come down perfectly straight it would probably tip over and at least damage the blades. I have purchased a few 3 channel helis trying to find one that is a good practice one and this one is 10X better than them. This was $50 at Costco and I would get another one if/when this one is destroyed.
on November 21, 2013
Got mine at Costco for $62. The wires to the tail rotor need to be protected at the motor and where they enter the tail tube or will be cut on impact; I used a few coats of nail polish at the tube and at motor connection. I've crashed it into the pool twice, sank 9ft. I let it sit to dry 24hrs, ran like nothing happened! I picked up 5 extra LiPo batteries for $15 on amazon and they run a while longer but you need to adjust fwd trim slightly. I just broke the flybar at the base like 3 other reviewers, looking for replacement parts kit.
on November 11, 2013
Flys very well in 4 channel mode. Its very stable, and I think once you trim it out (easy to do), a complete beginner could fly this. I am able to fly it semi-agressively in my family room which is 22'L by 16'W by 10'H. It came with two 150 mah packs and USB charger. One of the batteries seems to drain faster than the other after a week's use. It may have suffered a ding or two during the occasional hard landing. While they included some links and blades for spare parts, I managed to break the flybar right at the root. Given the previous reviewer had the same problem, I had to take a star off the rating. I found a parts kit on Amazon for a few bucks.. and a new flybar is on the way along with new blades and links that I already have spares for.
on December 29, 2013
I got one of these for xmas at costco for much less than this price, which is odd as it seems similar to the WL V911 4 CH Single Rotor Helicopter. This is a very responsive and quick flyer even on the 'low' setting and seems much bigger when you get it home. The controls are different compared to a r/c plane and it has taken me a while to get used to them. I've crashed quite a bit and have broke one of the blades already. I am curious to try this outdoors in the spring.

There is an offer from the manufacturer for 'free' parts for a year (you pay postage) but that is not a good value when you compare cost for parts on an auction site. I have ordered parts and more batteries for the V911 as they look EXACTLY like the parts for this helicopter and i'll have an update once I get them in mid Jan. This is a fun and challenging toy, IF you get it for a decent price.
on December 27, 2013
Are you already an expert at flying things? If so, ignore this.

If not, these are the pitfalls of this ridiculous device.

If you want it to be under any kind of control, it requires trimming, which is the flying equivalent to calibration, I guess you could say. Thing is, unless it never contacts anything ever, it's going to need trimming all the time. It isn't hard at all to wind up with a helicopter that takes off moving forward at about ten times the speed it goes up. Needless to say, it's going to hit something pretty quick as it spirals and/or darts off completely out of control. Try and trim it before it's airborne, try again, by the time you have anything remotely flyable, pieces will have likely fallen off from all the collisions. Good luck finding them. Even if you could, you'd be chasing your tail with the trim, crash, re-trim (because most crashes change something!) until the battery runs out (maybe 10 min each, or less). Wait an hour to charge, chase your tail again.

This thing lasted a day for me, which was the third time I'd charged the batteries, before pieces were gone and it was done. The stabilizer bar also bent almost off the bat.

Save your time, save your money, save your frustration, and save your disappointment.
on January 3, 2014
First flight broke a propeller. Replaced it with the replacement blades and had lots of fun figuring it out for a week. After trimmed it was fairly easy to learn the ropes. Stabilizer bar snapped this morning, no replacement parts available (sold out) It's expensive trash until a part can be found. I get it that these things break easily but for the price other RC helicopters with parts readily available might be a better bet.
on December 31, 2013
This same product is 40.83 at Radio Shack. My friend got one from there and after seeing the price amazon has listed, I'm going there too. Nice little helicopter though.
on October 24, 2013
My first one works great lov the banking turns on a dime but only problem was it broke the first day counter weight blade broken right away still waiting for replacment to be sent been 2 weeks still waiting

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.