- File Size: 722 KB
- Print Length: 314 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1511583932
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: April 20, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00WGP3WOS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #107,059 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Property Of Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What I liked:
* The author's prose was very well done. The style of writing and editing were tight. I know that might sound trivial or anal to some people, but in this age of anyone writing and looking to get paid it means a lot to pay for quality work. Great editing as well.
* The characters were interesting. I really liked the primary as well as the secondary characters, and that is a hard thing to accomplish. I hope she continues with the others.
* The author made an effort, both on her part and her characters part, to research what she didn't know. It was obvious that she knew nothing about the D/s community and she wanted to do her best with police research. I respect owning up to ignorance.
* Interesting story line and combination of romance/suspense. Good humor.
What I didn't like:
* I felt like the characters were in their late teens or early twenties most of the time. The level of maturity for thirty year old was just lacking a bit. The girls had been running in a pack since they were kids, and it felt as if they became a hive or collective. When that happens sometimes individuality and maturity can be absent to a certain extent.
*An example of the above is that they all had very juvenile perceptions of the D/s community. She mentioned"sane and safe" yet forgot to mention the third of the Holy Trinity: consensual. Even neewbies know the three. They took an out-dated and stereotypical belief that the community is about locking a woman up in a cage and calling her a slave. Not knowing the subtle yet significant differences between a slave, a sub, and a pet is understandable yet not acceptable. Also, The Dark Prince was a sad caricature of a Master. It was cartoonish. But, maybe that was her intent.
*The humor was leaning toward being too slap-dash at times. I got the feeling that the author has a genuinely good sense of humor, but sometimes it came out as being too forced.
Over-all this was good writing. Unfortunately, I just skimmed through too much of it. Would I read more? Somewhat 'ify'.
Dallas & Nicola are surrounded by a friends and family who are brought to life by great dialogue and funny little vignettes that sparkle. It makes for a rich story and feeds the tension when bad things happen. Not every romance writer gets mystery/suspense right, but the pacing and unfolding of that part of the story were really well done. Kudos to Ms. Smith.
Overall I really enjoyed this book, like her others, and look forward to the reading whatever comes out of her fertile imagination in the future.
Dallas & Nicola bump into each other. A Lot. : )
This story has, as I said, elements of humor, but it also has a dark & twisted side - there is a murder mystery going on while Nicola is writing a new book, and while Dallas is laying claim to her - and she lays claim to him right back! I highly enjoyed the flow of each part of this story, and the way Nicola's voice comes across, at times like we're reading her journal or a blog post, the way she talks to the reader - it was a very unique style and it made me happy!
Also, Dallas is alpha-hot and Nicola is strong enough not to get bowled over by him. They are very open & honest w/ each other, conflicts are resolved quickly, and the supporting cast is also written very well! 5++ stars & two thumbs up from me! : )
Most recent customer reviews
The romance mixed with suspense and a bit of a thriller feel is really doing it for me.Read more