- File Size: 468 KB
- Print Length: 356 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: April 20, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00WGP3WOS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #59,793 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Property Of Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What I liked:
* The author's prose was very well done. The style of writing and editing were tight. I know that might sound trivial or anal to some people, but in this age of anyone writing and looking to get paid it means a lot to pay for quality work. Great editing as well.
* The characters were interesting. I really liked the primary as well as the secondary characters, and that is a hard thing to accomplish. I hope she continues with the others.
* The author made an effort, both on her part and her characters part, to research what she didn't know. It was obvious that she knew nothing about the D/s community and she wanted to do her best with police research. I respect owning up to ignorance.
* Interesting story line and combination of romance/suspense. Good humor.
What I didn't like:
* I felt like the characters were in their late teens or early twenties most of the time. The level of maturity for thirty year old was just lacking a bit. The girls had been running in a pack since they were kids, and it felt as if they became a hive or collective. When that happens sometimes individuality and maturity can be absent to a certain extent.
*An example of the above is that they all had very juvenile perceptions of the D/s community. She mentioned"sane and safe" yet forgot to mention the third of the Holy Trinity: consensual. Even neewbies know the three. They took an out-dated and stereotypical belief that the community is about locking a woman up in a cage and calling her a slave. Not knowing the subtle yet significant differences between a slave, a sub, and a pet is understandable yet not acceptable.Read more ›
Dallas & Nicola are surrounded by a friends and family who are brought to life by great dialogue and funny little vignettes that sparkle. It makes for a rich story and feeds the tension when bad things happen. Not every romance writer gets mystery/suspense right, but the pacing and unfolding of that part of the story were really well done. Kudos to Ms. Smith.
Overall I really enjoyed this book, like her others, and look forward to the reading whatever comes out of her fertile imagination in the future.
life is short and don't waste it.. let those you love know how important they are. I loved Dallas and adored Nicola. He had that "I know what I want vibe " and I am addicted to that type of hero. I've learned that
C. P. Smith doesn't know how to write them any other way and that is why she is a favorite of mine.
This was a love story that at times reminded me of those paperbacks I read years ago but at the same time added that modern day humor. Again C.P. has outdone herself. And the countdown begins again till I can dive in the ocean .. losing myself in her romantic, passionate and thrilling world again.
One last thing.. I love that this author loves God and isn't afraid but PROUD to weave some beautiful FAITH into her stories. Just can't get enough.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I won this book and was excited when it arrived, only to be creeped out by the cover. (Hence only 4 stars) Never had that happen before. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Book Diva
Dallas is a hot sexy cop and she writes sexy historical romances. He might not wear a kilt but he's a great book boyfriendPublished 2 months ago by lisa jung
I love the over the top alphas and Dallas certainly was. Highly recommend any books by CP Smith, they all deliver!Published 2 months ago by Shugabean
The story held my interest and I could relate to the characters. I recommend this book.Published 3 months ago by Lgbchgal
I put this up there with a couple of my favorite author's.Dallas is a really good alpha,hot,possessive,in a huff most the time trying to corral Nicola. Read morePublished 3 months ago by LMM
Just the right amount of humor, romance, and suspense. Grabs you from the beginning and holds till the end. Good job in keeping the villain unknown till the end.Published 3 months ago by DB
I like it but then again it didn't. It was a good book to read but it felt flat. It was missing something. The characters were great but could've been better.Published 3 months ago by latosha harness
LOVE LOVE LOVE CP Smith..I just discovered CP Smith. I am a huge Kristen Ashley Fan and have to say CP's writing reminds me of KA. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kindle Customer
The writing is amazing, and the story flowed really well. Humorous, sad, a little scary. Definitely an author to watch as she or he grows in the craft. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer