Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on April 13, 2011
The TV arrived pretty fast at my door. Shipped in the commercial product box. Which was a little battered, I saw the UPS person put it face down on the truck bed and pile my four other boxes on top and then plopped it down a step before lifting it. Despite the handling, the Proscan 24LED45QA worked out of the box with my cable box. Of course, the sound is like the old 19" stereo tube jobs but its ok for a small TV. I played with the adjustments and used the preset Sound setting "ROCK". It also had "JAZZ", "Classical" & "USER"(if this is set than you can mess around with the equalizer...)If the sound really bothers you, attaching some external speakers or a sound system will makeup for the average speaker output.

There are two(2) HDMI, composite, PC, external cable or a TV screw on connector, optical PCM audio out and a separately marked headphone output. So, just about anything will connect to the input.

My cable signal is overdriven on most channels. I was able to make adjustments to compensate for a good picture. The adjustment menu was easy to find on the remote with no difficulties. Everything seemed pretty straight forward without the need to consult the instructions.

For the price of around $184, it's a good deal. I don't think, however, I would pay over $200 because of the picture quality. I can't really give a reasonable judgment on the picture quality, because like I said, my cable signal is overdriven. The picture seems to have a slight blurring or smear to it. Also, after setting up the screen I notice a brightness causing a slightly noticeable washout at the very bottom of the screen. It's not all that distracting but you know it's there.

This TV is being used in my home office. It fits perfectly for what was wanted for a small TV. The 24 inch size is better on the eyes than a 19inch. I would buy one again if a had a need for it.
on April 12, 2011
I've had two small screen LCD TVs--a Zenith and an Insignia--and both of them had sound as good as my old tube TV. So I thought the reviewers must be holding this set to a higher standard than should be expected. Well they weren't. This is beyond bad. It's comical how tinny and thin the sound is. Did someone say their iPhone had better speakers? They were right. What good is a cheap TV set if you have to go out to get external speakers? And to the guy who said that that's all one can expect of LCD sets, please reread my first sentence. Other manufacturers have done it right but this RCA Proscan is quite simply a disgrace. If you buy this set, know that you will need to buy speakers. And isn't part of the lure of thin, sleek sets that you don't have the clutter of mismatched computer speakers and the wires?
on May 18, 2011
Purchased this TV because the price was right and I thought I could deal with the sound issues reported by other reviewers.
I was wrong. This TV sounds allot like one of those small battery operated radios that my mom use to take to the ballgames during the 70's.
I have a weather radio that is comparable to it except that the weather radio is better. There is no low end presence at all on this unit, just scratchy mids and high ends and no amount of adjustment seemed to correct it and I am a former sound designer.

If someone is looking for an inexpensive small flat screen and plans to bypass the TV sound and go directly into a surround or hi-end sound system this is the TV to do it with. The picture is wonderful. After determining the sound was a lost cause I thought I'd try it as a computer monitor and it started out pretty good. Browsing was fine but when I went into the e-mail I couldn't tell the unbolded "read" e-mails from the bold "unread" ones. Unfortunately I have been spoiled by Samsung and Viewsonic so the RCA resolution just wasn't enough.

I applied for an RMA and returned the unit 3 days after getting it. When RCA improves the sound on this line of TV's they will be good sellers. Until then you will hear stories like mine. Hope this was helpful to someone. JE
on April 1, 2011
When I purchased this item, there were no reviews yet. I tried to do some research on the Proscan brand, but came up empty on any reviews of the 24" TV. The picture was decent, but the TV's speakers are terrible. There are some settings and a built-in equalizer, but nothing helped. I wound up returning the TV because the sound was so bad. The price is hard to pass up, but my recommendation is that you just pass on this TV.
on May 5, 2011
I purchased this TV because it was a great Price and perfect size for where I needed it. The first TV I received was broken. The screen was detached from the back of the TV. So I returned and got another one. Well I was so sure this one was going to be broken because the box had a huge hole in it. Luckily enough it was perfect. The sound is great, very loud on volume 5. Picture is clear, color is great, and HD looks amazing. Very easy to assemble the stand.
on May 7, 2011
We purchased a Pro Scan 24 inch LED TV in April 2011. It was a close out deal from Amazon and we got a great price on it. When it arrived, the shipping container looked like a herd of water buffalo have migrated across it several times. The UPS driver left it on our porch at 8pm at night and then ran....did not even ring the door bell. Despite all of that, the TV was in good shape and worked fine for about a week. Then the remote stopped working, and the TV would come off and on all by itself at random times. Called RCA and they said it was the remote control. So they sent us a new remote (it came from Sears - go figure that?). New remote kind of works - but it does not look like the old remote - and the buttons do not perform all do what they are supposed to - some buttons do not work at all. Called RCA again - now they can't find anything in their computers about the TV model or the remote - but they can verify our serial number is a valid number. So, now RCA is shipping us a box to send the entire TV back to them. They said they will analyze the problem and let us know if it is covered under warranty. RCA people have been very nice on the phone....but I have already spent more time on this than the TV is worth. Just not a good overall experience at this point in time.
on March 26, 2011
I just bought this tv, and I'm very dissapointed, this tv doesn't sound well at all, it got the worst sound I've ever heard, this wal a lousy shop, it sound like an old radio, is very bad the speaker of this tv, I don't reccomend this tv at all
on April 26, 2011
Should be a good brand (former RCA), but really not very good. I returned the first one because the sound was unintelligible. The second one was only a little better but I decided to just hook up a set of small speakers rather than send it back again. I guess this is the problem with buying a TV sight-unseen, and sound-unheard, but I would never have guessed that anyone would manufacture a TV with sound so terrible. I won't buy a TV or radio over the internet again unless I've already seen and heard the exact model.
on April 22, 2011
The price is okay. The picture is fine except the sound is extremely horrible. There probably isn't any way to fix that either.
on April 29, 2011
It will be very good if had the automatic digital tune-in, or use with the cable TV or anything else that not the just normal antenna. When had a good signal the pictures very beautiful and clear.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.