- File Size: 2034 KB
- Print Length: 153 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Honorée Enterprises Publishing; 1 edition (August 18, 2015)
- Publication Date: August 18, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B013CPIJX4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#58,989 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #6 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Genre Fiction
- #9 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- #11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Nonfiction
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $4.00 (40%)
Prosperity for Writers: A Writer's Guide to Creating Abundance (The Prosperous Writer Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 153 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This book was mostly written for novelists, but I found it to be extremely helpful to me as a freelance copywriter.
I've consumed a lot of content in the past related to marketing as a freelance writer: Peter Bowerman's Kindle Ebook, "The Well-Fed Writer" or Ed Gandia's podcasts, "The High-Income Business Writing Podcast" and "The Smarter Freelancing Podcast", for example. These are great resources for marketing strategies. However, I've found that none of these resources really gave me what I was looking for in terms of actual steps that I could take to start making a full-time income as a freelancer immediately.
Honoree Corder attacks the problem from a different angle. Instead of giving you marketing strategies, she focuses more upon the "inner game" of successful freelancing; the philosophical beliefs that you must have to be successful. This is important because I suspect that what really makes most successful freelancers achieve abundance is that they sit in front of their computer every day and write.
And why do they do this? It's because they believe that they will make lots of money if they do. And why do they believe this? No one knows. Once a person becomes successful, the idea that "if I write, I will make more and more money" becomes self-reinforcing. They keep writing, so they keep making money, and then the money convinces them to write more. But if we're not making much money off of our writing, how do we convince ourselves that we will? How do successful freelancers ever motivate themselves to write in the first place?
In my own life, I've found it very difficult to pass up non-writing jobs that don't pay very well, even though I know that these jobs will take time away from my writing and only prolong the process of building a successful business. So I understand exactly what Corder is talking about. I suspect that many writers are unsuccessful for exactly this reason, not because they just don't know enough about marketing, but because they are just not motivated to do the excruciatingly difficult work of writing whatever it is they want to write.
In order to solve this problem, Corder teaches various tricks that a writer can employ to program his or her mind to produce motivation. She also provides arguments as to why the prevalent idea that "you can't make money off of writing" is just a very powerful illusion.
It's all in your head. So stop worrying about it and start writing.
I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.
Prosperity for Writers is the book you didn’t know you needed to read. In my opinion it is one of the best mental-framework books out there for indie authors.
The book is broken down into 8 short-medium sized chapters that each cover a different framework writers have in their minds. Admittedly the first two chapters can be a little simple content-wise, but the author’s voice is clear and engaging so it makes you want to keep reading.
For me, chapter 3 is when it really began to pick up. From then on Honoree shares tons of actionable advice and encouraging stories. I honestly felt like I was sitting through a thousand dollar conference as I was reading it. One reason I also got so much out of the book is because I actually DID THE HOMEWORK she suggested. I kept a notebook where I answered every question she asked and spent 5-10 minutes after each chapter reflecting and writing down important things I either needed to implement or research more.
By the end of the book I had about 10 pages of hand written notes, and about 30 quotes highlighted.
I can’t recommend this book enough. If you’re struggling to really have hope in your future as a writer – or just don’t want to settle for an average readership – get this book!
Most recent customer reviews
Amanda Laneley, author of " What I love about Dublin ".
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference > Business Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills > Business Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Genre Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Creativity