- File Size: 166 KB
- Print Length: 110 pages
- Publication Date: July 11, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007NEFBOG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#259,613 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1137 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- #1142 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- #2383 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
|Print List Price:||$8.59|
Save $5.60 (65%)
The Protein Express Diet: Rapid Weight Loss with a Simplified Low Carb, High Protein Diet Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Many or most of the worst reviews have something to do with it being a blank book or only available for a Kindle or something like that. Clearly, those people had some kind of problem downloading it or something. I ordered the paperback book and I received a paperback book (103 pages). You can basically disregard the bad reviews that talk about that issue.
Now, as for the content of the book... Yes, it is about substituting some meals with smoothies/protein shakes. When I first read that, I thought it was pretty lame since part of the title is "Simple and Easy Meal Preparation". So you might buy the book expecting "meal preparation" ideas - you're not expecting it to tell you to use meal replacement shakes. In my mind, I was remembering back to the 80s when I knew some people using one of the commercially available shake products like Slimfast. So it didn't seem like anything new but what the heck, it's not an expensive book so I ordered it anyway to see if I could get something from it since some people were having success with it. FYI, it appears to be a book that was self-published by someone who came up with this plan on his own and has used it to keep weight off for many years.
When I got it and read through it, I had a similar reaction to some of the other people who complain that it's nothing new, it's about protein shakes, etc. And I almost posted a rather negative review here because of it. But then I thought I shouldn't do that without at least trying it.Read more ›
If you are struggling to loose weight ... this might be just what you are looking for. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me!
One piece of advice: taking a B-Complex vitamin for energy if you need it. I take the liquid form (it cost about $2.50/month).
Here's the book -
1. eat lots of lean protein, substitute some meals with a protein powder/water/green powder/psillium(sp?) drink, add some vegggies at dinner and dont eat fruit - it has too much sugar.
2. exersize - walk mostly, do it really fast or in intervals. lift some weights on occasion...do it in really cold weather and you *might* burn more calories.
3. one you reach your goal, if you gain more than X number of pounds, have a plan to lose it.
Seriously - that's the entire book. Dont waste your money. Not even worth 2.99
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very slim paperback by fellow who lost many pounds using a combo of replacement shakes and paleo. I am sure it works, but not sure if my lifestyle lends to 2 replacement shakes a... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Grania
I was looking for information on different types of protein shakes and some recipes. This book answered most of my questions.Published 16 months ago by psk2010
Great info., with practical and simple intructions. The author is very sincere and understands those that have continue weight problems as we age...Published 17 months ago by mark22
Nothing new and a lot of typos. It is nice and concise and provides decent tips. The tips on maintenance are good.Published 18 months ago by K. Ram
All you really need here is a good supply of high protein drinks.Published 18 months ago by Dilys MARAIS
I remember when the Atkins diet was all the rage and admit to unsuccessfully trying it - my inability to eat so much meat quickly did me in. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Dee Cee
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance