+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Tendril power lets you lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and even rip large groups of enemies to shreds
- Prototype 2 delivers the raw power of character customization, allowing players to mix-n-match a devastating range of new mutation perks into their ultimate Prototype
- Hunt, kill and become anyone you best, as you disguise yourself as a anyone at all whilst absorbing their memories and acquiring new abilities
- Utilizing the Radical's proprietary 'Titanium 2.0' engine, Prototype 2 redefines gamer expectations of over-the-top open world action
- The collector's edition contains exclusive physical and digital items
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition is a single player, third-person Action game in which players utilize the game franchises unique virus-aided shape-shifting abilities, and over-the-top movement and combat skills in a battle for survival and revenge. The game is a sequel to the original 2009 Prototype game, and features both a brand-new protagonist, Sgt James Heller, and the original protagonist of the game series, Alex Mercer. Additional features include: new extendable tendrils and webs for use in combat, enemies of varied size, an open-world game environment separated into three distinct areas, sensory abilities and improved maneuverability, and flexibility of mission choice.
In addition, the Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition contains a variety of bonus items. See a complete list of these below.
Welcome To New York Zero
The sequel to Radical Entertainment's best-selling open-world action game of 2009, Prototype 2 takes the unsurpassed carnage of the original Prototype and continues the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. You are Sgt James Heller, husband to a deceased wife and child and a soldier left simply to die. As the game's all-new infected protagonist, players will experience Sgt James Heller cutting a bloody swathe through the wastelands of post-viral New York Zero. Equipped with unparalleled new shapeshifting powers, players will gradually build a vast genetic arsenal of deadly new biological weapons and abilities as they hunt, kill and consume their way toward the ultimate goal - to kill the original source of their infection, Alex Mercer.
Prototype 2's NYZ open-world sandbox gameworld is broken up into three completely distinct zones. From the heavily militarized "Green Zone," to the overcrowded refugee shanty town camps of the quarantined "Yellow Zone," all the way to the war-ravaged nightmare known as the "Red Zone" - this is a city unlike anything gamer's have experienced before. The home of Alex Mercer, the Red Zone portrays a nightmarish vision where the Blacklight virus has completely overrun the city's shattered skyscrapers and population, with infection and the risk of death at every corner.
Key Game Features
- The Power of Tendrils - Prepare to unleash the ultimate form of shape-shifting devastation. Sgt James Heller's incredible new Tendril power lets you lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and even rip large groups of enemies to shreds. Get ready to unleash hell.
- Customize Your Killer - Prototype 2 delivers the raw power of character customization back into your hands, allowing players to creatively mix-n-match a devastating range of new mutation perks into their ultimate Prototype. Faster and bigger locomotion abilities, sharper claws or even enhanced disguise abilities - the choice is yours.
- Hunt - Kill - Become - Imagine having the power to track down any enemy by unleashing a powerful sonar-pulse from your body. Sgt James Heller brings an all new dimension to the Prototype experience by letting you Hunt, Kill and Become anyone standing in your way. Disguise yourself as a soldier, scientist or anyone at all whilst absorbing their memories and acquiring new abilities. It doesn't get any better than this.
- Bring Down the Devil - Experience the epic story of Sgt James Heller, as you attempt to take down the devil himself... Alex Mercer.
- Size Does Matter - Utilizing the unparalleled technology of Radical's proprietary 'Titanium 2.0' engine, Prototype 2 redefines gamer's expectations of over-the-top open world action. Witness building-sized infected behemoths bullrushing entire city streets, whilst gliding and parkouring across swarms of highly trained Blackwatch soldiers. Prototype 2 = Bigger, Badder, Better.
- New York Zero: An All-New Open-World - The New York that humanity has come to know and love over the years no longer exists...it is now New York Zero, or more simply, NYZ.
Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition for Xbox 360 Box Contents
Melee and projectile weapons.
Spectacular, varied combat.
Open-world mission gameplay.
Top Customer Reviews
One thing I have mixed feelings about is the powers. You now currently equip two powers, which is nice. But at the same time, you have to hold the left bumper to switch to a different power. I found myself just sticking to two powers most of the time anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
I think the Radnet content is going to keep people playing this for quite a while. The storyline is fairly short, but again, it has good replay value. Gone are those stupid orbs that you had to find as Mercer. For that I was thankful. You no longer spend EP on upgrades. Instead you level up and select one 'stat' increase, such as health, speed, and the like.
The collectors edition content isn't bad either. For $20 extra, you get the soundtrack, the first DLC, and an art book, which is small, but nice. I wasn't too interested in the 20% off coupon, but I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually.
Overall, if you liked the first one, you'll like this one. If you didn't like the first one, rent this one.
I could go on and on about the Game-play/Combat in this game but these are the things i wish other games like FABLE and CRACKDOWN would have done in their games to make things more interesting. Having to use strategy in combat is a big deal to me and Prototype 2 doesn't disappoint. The story is great. The graphics are great. The surroundings and environment is great. The combat is great. Blowing stuff up and haring people go nuts and say funny stuff is hilarious to me. The add-ons that just came out has an option were you turn on total chaos or something of that nature and it makes the world go all to hell. Infected are everywhere, Black-Watch is battling it out with them and trying to get things back to order while people are running everywhere because the infected are killing peeps lol.Read more ›
- Fun combat
- Collectibles are a fun to go looking for
- The world you get to run around in is well done.
- The story isn't half bad
- Some of the scripting in this game is horrid. (i.e. "You're the boss, brah")
- Even with doing all the side missions and getting all the collectibles, I was done well before 20 hours.
If you want a fun game to give you a little something different to play, I highly recommend this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game, the storyline and the perks that came with the collector's edition.Published 15 months ago by Leroy H.
I LOVE THIS GAME!!
While it lacks a few powers from the first, (Graveyard Devastator, Critical Pain Devastator, Muscle Mass, and a few others. Read more
Son loves it!!! He is 13. Not too graphic compared to others!Published 20 months ago by Brian LeGrange
I think while this game did a lot of things right, like the combat & the unlockable powerups &
the maps & camera were better than part 1. Read more
My son loves this game! The product came on time and my son didn't hesitate to start playing it. The graphics are awesome.Published on June 17, 2014 by becky76
Great game, but the extra content that is was supposed to come with, the codes were already used. I figured they would be use since its a used game but it didn't say that the codes... Read morePublished on March 14, 2014 by A7XIX