+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- New York Zero An All New Open-World Hunting Ground. This Limited edition is only available while supplies last.
- Your unique RADNET code unlocks an awesome mix of over 55 exclusive in game events themed rewards and friend vs. friend score based challenges. Hunt Kill Become.
- The Power of Tendrils: Obtaining access to RADNET will unlock seven weeks of unique digital content commencing from the worldwide launch date of April 24th
- Customize Your Killer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
New York Zero is a post-viral wasteland broken up into three distinct districts. The Green Zone is heavily militarized. The Yellow Zone is an overcrowded refugee camp, nothing more than a quarantined shanty town. The war-ravaged nightmare known as the Red Zone is where the Blacklight virus has completely overrun the once-great city's skyscrapers and population.
You are Sgt. James Heller, a soldier left to die, distraught husband to a deceased wife and father to a dead son. You are infected. There is one thing left to do — hunt down and kill Alex Mercer.
Become the ultimate shape-shifting weapon in Prototype 2. Cut through the wastelands of post-viral New York Zero and build a genetic arsenal of all-new biological weapons and abilities on your quest to murder your maker and the devil himself, Alex Mercer. Witness building-size infected beasts ambush entire city streets. Glide and parkour across the cityscape. Take on swarms of highly trained Blackwatch soldiers. Step into the role of Sgt. James Heller, and hunt, kill and become anybody who stands in your way to absorb memories and gain new abilities. Wield the unbelievable Tendril power that allows you to lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and shred groups of enemies to pieces. Track down your enemies by emitting sonar pulses from your body. Choose from a wide variety of new Mutation perks, including better locomotion abilities, sharper claws and enhanced disguise abilities, to build and customize the ultimate Prototype. The virus has left the city in ruins, but it's not going to stop you from achieving your goal. Unleash the true power of infection raging within you and kill Alex Mercer.
- Play as the all-new infected protagonist, Sgt. James Heller, soldier and husband to a deceased wife and child, in this sequel to the popular open-world game, Prototype
- Become the ultimate shape-shifting weapon as you cut through the wastelands of post-viral New York Zero and build a vast genetic arsenal of deadly new biological weapons and abilities on your quest to kill Alex Mercer
- Take down the devil himself, Alex Mercer, against the explosive backdrop of New York Zero and its warring factions fighting for control over the infection
- Explore New York Zero's three distinct zones, including the heavily militarized Green Zone, the overcrowded refugee camps of the quarantined Yellow Zone and the war-ravaged home of Alex Mercer, the Red Zone
- Unleash the ultimate form of shape-shifting devastation and take advantage of the unbelievable Tendril power that lets you lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and shred large groups of enemies to pieces
- Mix and match an impressive range of new Mutation perks, including bigger and faster locomotion abilities, sharper claws and enhanced disguise abilities, to create your own ultimate Prototype
- Disguise yourself as soldiers, scientists and more to absorb their memories and acquire new abilities
- Emit a powerful sonar pulse from your body to track down enemies
- Experience the unparalleled technology of the Titanium 2.0 engine
Top Customer Reviews
Taking off a few years after the initial entry, this sequel puts you the boots of Army sergeant James Heller, who has lost his wife and daughter to the Mercer virus that has turned New York City into a parasite-infested wasteland. Fueled by PTSD from the Iraq War and rage from losing his family, Heller swears vengeance on Alex Mercer, the originator of the virus. For those unfamiliar with the franchise, Mercer was the protagonist of the first game, and seeing him in a whole new light really broadens the scope and perspective within the continuity. In this, he's a maniacal sociopath who has been corrupted by the virus that turned him into a superhuman, and on a whim, he decides to give this superhuman virus to Heller because he displays a large amount of spunk. This is a big mistake due to the fact that Heller has a burning hatred for Mercer, and what occurs is a fun and compelling revenge yarn between the two men.Read more ›
So far from playing it there really hasn't been any cons at all besides a few tad nit-picky things. The story is better than the first overall, but it still kind of feels like the first in terms of a little repetitiveness and kind of goes off trail. I recommend trying to get the Radnet edition to make the game more worthwhile. I was thinking the game had challenges like the first one, but radnet gives you some new challenges each week (for now anyway depending on when you purchase). With completing the challenges you get a few new things in terms of content. I guess it is a little trade off since there is the blacknet side missions you can do.
*Update. The //Blacknet Side missions kind of tie in with the story line missions, but are optional. The game length will depend on how you play also, with the challenges slowly being unlocked on Radnet.
Oh and don't listen to Timetorise, definitely is a troll trying to be funny.Read more ›
Prototype 2 improved on every aspect of the game I can think of. The biggest flaw criticized was the story. I really liked the direction Activision went with by introducing a new protagonist (James Heller). Mercer was never really a likeable guy, and his motives were somewhat questionable. At least in Heller he has clear motivation for the madness that follows. Although P2's story isn't fantastic by any means, it definitely added more feeling and character appreciation than the original. During the first game, I didn't really care about any of the characters. Mercer was just told to kill/consume this person by some random character that didn't stay around long. P2 actually had character development with characters related to the story line. Unlike the original, Heller had to interact with the enemy (instead of just blending in) to find out more information.
The core abilities and powers pretty much remain the same, but they feel much more powerful this time around. Some new awesome abilities were introduced, that I won't spoil for everyone not informed. But for example (not a spoiler, it won't change the story and was announced before the game came out): you can put people down! In the first one if you picked someone up you had to throw them into a car/building/tank/person. But now you can actually have the choice of not murdering them. Of course I just used this to drop people off the top of high buildings, but hey it's a nice option. Also, when your weapons are upgraded not only will they perform better, but they also look more badass (unlike in the original).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
prototype 2 is a really fun game. the gameplay is great, though its a little repetitive. the combat uses one of the greatest combat systems I have ever played. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Sherell Trenae
Great quality product, fast shipping. Item as described. Just what I needed! Great graphics and music. Killer gameplay - battle system.Published 6 months ago by Amilcar Estrella
BEWARE: PS3 edition is standard, NOT RADNET!!! I feel mislead by the product description and picture which emphasize Radnet edition but when you press the button to select the PS3... Read morePublished 7 months ago by LT
Quick shipping, have not played game all the way through yet so fare it plays with zero hick ups. Disk loos great and matches the discription. Would buy from seller again.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer