& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- New York Zero An All New Open-World Hunting Ground. This Limited edition is only available while supplies last.
- Your unique RADNET code unlocks an awesome mix of over 55 exclusive in game events themed rewards and friend vs. friend score based challenges. Hunt Kill Become.
- The Power of Tendrils. Obtaining access to RADNET will unlock seven weeks of unique digital content commencing from the worldwide launch date of April 24th.
- Customize Your Killer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
New York Zero is a post-viral wasteland broken up into three distinct districts. The Green Zone is heavily militarized. The Yellow Zone is an overcrowded refugee camp, nothing more than a quarantined shanty town. The war-ravaged nightmare known as the Red Zone is where the Blacklight virus has completely overrun the once-great city's skyscrapers and population.
You are Sgt. James Heller, a soldier left to die, distraught husband to a deceased wife and father to a dead son. You are infected. There is one thing left to do — hunt down and kill Alex Mercer.
Become the ultimate shape-shifting weapon in Prototype 2. Cut through the wastelands of post-viral New York Zero and build a genetic arsenal of all-new biological weapons and abilities on your quest to murder your maker and the devil himself, Alex Mercer. Witness building-size infected beasts ambush entire city streets. Glide and parkour across the cityscape. Take on swarms of highly trained Blackwatch soldiers. Step into the role of Sgt. James Heller, and hunt, kill and become anybody who stands in your way to absorb memories and gain new abilities. Wield the unbelievable Tendril power that allows you to lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and shred groups of enemies to pieces. Track down your enemies by emitting sonar pulses from your body. Choose from a wide variety of new Mutation perks, including better locomotion abilities, sharper claws and enhanced disguise abilities, to build and customize the ultimate Prototype. The virus has left the city in ruins, but it's not going to stop you from achieving your goal. Unleash the true power of infection raging within you and kill Alex Mercer.
- Play as the all-new infected protagonist, Sgt. James Heller, soldier and husband to a deceased wife and child, in this sequel to the popular open-world game, Prototype
- Become the ultimate shape-shifting weapon as you cut through the wastelands of post-viral New York Zero and build a vast genetic arsenal of deadly new biological weapons and abilities on your quest to kill Alex Mercer
- Take down the devil himself, Alex Mercer, against the explosive backdrop of New York Zero and its warring factions fighting for control over the infection
- Explore New York Zero's three distinct zones, including the heavily militarized Green Zone, the overcrowded refugee camps of the quarantined Yellow Zone and the war-ravaged home of Alex Mercer, the Red Zone
- Unleash the ultimate form of shape-shifting devastation and take advantage of the unbelievable Tendril power that lets you lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and shred large groups of enemies to pieces
- Mix and match an impressive range of new Mutation perks, including bigger and faster locomotion abilities, sharper claws and enhanced disguise abilities, to create your own ultimate Prototype
- Disguise yourself as soldiers, scientists and more to absorb their memories and acquire new abilities
- Emit a powerful sonar pulse from your body to track down enemies
- Experience the unparalleled technology of the Titanium 2.0 engine
Top Customer Reviews
The first Prototype was a respectable attempt at gore-filled, city smashing, turn-your-brain-off entertainment. Prototype 2 followed in its footsteps perfectly. An open world game full of random people to chop/slice/absorb/explode/splatter, vehicles to destroy/demolish, and a bunch of random collectables to hunt down tied together with a passable storyline and a mix of barely developed characters. And there is nothing wrong with that kind of game, not one thing. Granted, it may not be worth $60...
Far too many negative responses to this game are from people that got their hopes up. They got suckered into the marketing and somehow forgot what the first Prototype was. Hint: It wasn't a live-action trailer with a Johnny Cash soundtrack. It is what it is folks.... a game based on an old Hulk game model; mindless, gory, entertainment.
Take it at face value and it is a great way to spend a weekend. Any attempt to bring thinking into it and you'll ruin it. So, much like the SyFy original films of today: sit back, turn off the old grey-matter, and watch some crap get blown up.
I've seen several reviewers complain about the language in the game. All I have to say to that is don't buy a mature rated game again. There is no more foul language in this game than in a GTA title. In context, the F-bombs make perfect sense to me and haven't distracted me from my fun one bit. James Heller is one pissed off protagonist. If some manic murdered my wife and child I'd be dropping some F-bombs myself. Also I've been in the military and that is how men in the armed forces talk. Get over it. This game isn't for kids!
On to the review:
Greatly improved from the first game. The city has far more detail than before, in the first game the city was really drab and boring. In prototype 2 the city looks great, easily on par with a Rockstar game. Heller himself is animated well though some of his moves are obviously taken from Mercer. The other characters in the game, look much better and there is a greater variety of civilians and infected.
The controls are pretty much the same, not a bad thing, but seem easier to pick up. I especially like how they added a "quick-time" dodge prompt like in the Batman games. This has saved me a lot of poundings (I'm playing on the hard difficulty). They got rid of the optional events from the first game and added side missions that lead to upgrades.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game! So much fun to play! You get to run up buildings and gain awsome powers. Hours of fun. It reminds me of the monster from the the movie the Thing only you get to control... Read morePublished 27 days ago by DarkZoneRomana
Prototype 2 for Xbox 360 was bought for my grandson. My gaming experience is limited to Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Castles1203
Bought it for my bf. He liked it. I watched him play some of it. Seems like a good game. Also, it's pretty cheap for it being brand new in the packagePublished 1 month ago by Hunter ryals