Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- A deep, conspiracy driven storyline set in a realistic recreation of New York City that delve into the true nature of Alex Mercer's power and his part in a conspiracy 40 years in the making.
- Fast & deadly shape-shifting combat that allows players to reconfigure body parts into offensive and defensive items like claws, blades, hammers, whips, shields and armor.
- Use advanced sensory powers like thermal vision and infected vision to track your enemies and keep the action going.
- Fluid, over-the-top locomotion & agility based on real-life Parkour movement styles that allows you to bound from building to building, run up walls, bounce off cars and everything in your path.
- Unique disguising abilities derived from Alex's ability to "consume" characters, and in doing so acquire their appearance, memories and special abilities.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
You are the PROTOTYPE, Alex Mercer, hiding in human form. You step out onto the streets of New York with no memory, but limitless power. As a terrifying viral epidemic sweeps across Manhattan, top-secret Black Watch Special Forces move in, transforming it into a war zone. Delve into the mysteries of your origin, the true nature of your power and your part in a conspiracy 40 years in the making.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not bad at at all. The character controls very smoothly except for when you have to lock on. then it sometimes goes bananas & locks on to regular civlians lol
but anyways... big map. tons of collectibles if you're into that.
tons of upgrades for the main character.
the music was repetitive, but thanks to my ipod classic, I can travel through the city in style.
the enemies are repetitive but it gets crazy & thats exciting when either the military or monsters are chasing you LOL
plus this was a very early game. the graphics wont blow your mind.
I didnt even do the side missions, cause the main game gave me tons of POINTS to upgrade my powers.
I did start collecting those with memories so I can find out more about the origins of it all.
That kept me interested & busy. the plot in those flashback is pretty GOREY believe it or not.
(if you dont see anymore, save then go back into the game. that helped me cause 1 guy was nowhere to be found)
there are plenty of things that couldve been tweaked but for $20 or less, it was worth it.
I liked morphing into a granny & tossing trucks at choppers for fun.
This is not to be missed... it's like Resident Evil meets Grand Theft Auto.
The gameplay is very entertaining, it last a good long time, and it's not so compelling that you'll be late to work as a result of playing it. That makes for a great game in my book.
Don't pass on this one at under $30!
after running to every Gamestop within 30 miles of my house to return with 7 copies of this disc, scratched to unreadable, and returning them, to come online and find this was a miracle.
this game is a must have for any fan of action/3rd person shooter game. the story line is gripping and the powers are addicting.
as for the product itself. it came wrapped in plastic, brand new, not a scratch, and if luck has it IT WILL STAY THAT WAY! :D :D :D