Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on September 27, 2017
I have been using this brand for quite awhile now, This kit literally has everything you would ever need except scissors and a container to hold the water. I gave 4 stars because this kit arrived and the lubricant container had been slightly opened and so everything in the box was slightly greasy feeling.. Luckily I had my own plastic gloves to wear because the ones that came were too nasty to use. Other than that everything worked perfectly. Highly recommend this kit. It is super easy.
on June 6, 2016
We had a great time with this, and I am VERY happy with the results. I recommend doing it in a tiled bathroom that can be washed easily, as it does get a little messy. My husband (who is an engineer and not artsy) did a great job and actually enjoyed it- it took maybe 1.5-2 hours including some prep and clean up. We had just enough lube for my bust and belly at 39.5 weeks (I know, cutting it close!), but if you plan to do your shoulders and legs, hands, etc, I'd recommend having some vasoline or something handy. We had a full strip and a half left, so will be using to reinforce from the inside at a later time. We haven't sanded it down and primed it yet, but that will come after baby is here! This is worth the price, and I'm so glad we had the chance to do this before the arrival of our little one.
on June 20, 2017
The deluxe is definitely the way to go if you want all the extras like primer and sealer. They make a very nice smooth and paintable surface for really making your art piece shine. We made a bowl and added a little glossy paint, turned out great. Would recommend waiting days (not hours) in between drying stages. The powder paste really needs time to set. At first it appears white and flaky surface that would be easy to sand away, but if you wait a couple days, it gets concrete hard and yellow. Then you know its good and strong. Also be careful around the edges, where it is most weak. We applied extra powder paste to the edges to make it strong.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This kit came with a lot of fabric for our belly cast. For the money, this is a fuller kit, which includes cast smoother material if you intend to paint your casting. We will buy this again for the next baby. It does take a while to apply, so ladies make sure you are in a comfortable position when you start. It took us nearly 40 minutes or so to apply. Next casting, we should be able to cut out 10 minutes now that we have a better idea on how to cast.
on June 19, 2013
Although this is a little expensive for what it is, I have used it with all four pregnancies because it is conveniently packaged with everything I need. It may have been cheaper to go to the craft store and buy each thing separately but ease of use, materials and clear instructions for hubby made this a simple and convenient solution.

Materials are abundant and, although I am not a fan of the cream included, it served its purpose well. It took a long time to come off my skin but did allow for very simple removal once the cast was dry.

Instructions are clear. I would reinforce the idea that this is a messy process so wear clothing that you can get dirty and protect any surfaces in the vicinity! Clean up is easy if you use disposable drop cloths or garbage bags.
on July 4, 2017
My husband and I did this belly cast when I was 37 weeks pregnant, and I love it! We haven't decorated it yet, but the process was easy and fun. It included everything we needed (except scissors to cut the plaster strips). It took about an hour from taking the kit out of the box and setting up, to taking off the cast to dry, with just my husband applying the plaster. I'm so glad we have this as a special memory, and will absolutely be doing another one if we have another baby!
on March 2, 2014
This thing is so complete and so awesome that words cannot even describe how excited I am right now. I bought this for my best friends and we just did it this weekend. It was easy to use, came with a TON of the molding product (you could probably do 2 mommies) and it dried extra quick. It really just turned out perfect. The drop cloth was huge, the lubricant for moms belly smelled great and I cannot wait to paint it. Very excited and very highly recommended!
on February 6, 2017
I loved this delux kit. With my first pregnancy I used the regular kit and loved it, and with my second I just bought the plaster rolls from Micheals to "save" money. That did not turn out to be the case. We ended up spending more and having to send someone out to get more rolls because the quality of them wasn't as good as the kits. So with this pregnancy I bought the delux kit! The quality is so much better then buying it on your own and you get everything you need in one kit. It is so fun to see all my belly casts lined up to compare them.
on October 5, 2015
I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do a belly cast or not, but decided to do it so I wouldn't regret it. This kit came with plenty of supplies, definitely enough to do two castings if you do it right and don't waste any strips. We used up three rolls and I was 8 months along, but we could have gotten away with using a little less. We did it inside and used the plastic sheet it came with. I still have yet to finish my cast with the smoothing process, but I have a feeling it will take just as long as it did to wrap me and be just as messy. I'm not sure what I'll do with the cast once I'm finally finished. It's kind of awkward to have just sitting around and I think it would look weird hanging up. I'll find somewhere to put it though!
on May 9, 2016
I used this product over 3 years ago and the belly cast is still in great condition. I casted myself which was a little difficult, but totally doable. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me of so many happy memories and makes my heart happy. Great keepsake.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.