Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Proudbody My Little Prints Baby-Safe Ink Pad, Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 9, 2009
I purchased this item despite the other negative reviewer, who seemed to have just received the wrong color. I ordered a black ink pad and received black. The ink works great! We took a footprint and handprint for our baby book (my daughter is 6 weeks old). I will probably add footprints to personalized items for Christmas. The ink works fantastic, and the best thing is I wiped it right off my daughter's hand and foot with a diaper wipe! No mess. Very easy to use and the memories of her tiny hands and feet will be priceless.
on December 27, 2010
I read the reviews on this item before I purchased it and there were many negative ones, but many positive ones as well. Most negative reviews stated that the ink pad they recieved had very little ink or was dried out. I decided to try it anyways and This unfortunately was the case for me as well. I needed to get prints of my baby's hands for a tattoo i'm getting for her and I also liked the idea of puting some on my pregnancy body cast. I tried the ink pad right away and imediately knew that it wasn't going to work for either project. I pressed her hand into the pad and the pad was hard. I pressed over and over again all over and at best her hand was light grey and barely marked the paper. I then pressed my own finger hard into the pad to see if more pressure would yield more ink, but I didn't even get enough ink on my finger for a finger print. I'm so dissapointed and upset. She grows every day and now i've lost another week and wasted money on a piece of garbage. Terrible!
66 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2011
I purchased this ink pad to do a stamped print of my daughter, who is six weeks old, hand and foot print. First of all the ink was dried up and I'm assuming old? The hand or foot would not fit the pad. Needless to say I was unable to use this product and had to throw it away. My local craft store sold an extra large pad that worked wonderfully.
on November 1, 2013
My baby hands and feet are bigger than this pad .by the time the ink was on his hands and feet he was all fussy . When bought the pad ink is dry and clumpy you have to sprinkle the pad with water and spread the water across to activate the pad .
on January 2, 2013
I decided to go against all of the bad reviews of this product and give it a try any way. I wish I hadn't. I'm not having to ship it back to Amazon because my pad would not do any good print. It feels wet but barely any ink will stick and definitely does not allow you to make any usable prints. I ended up going to JoAnn and got a much bigger washable ink pad for much cheaper.
on November 12, 2012
I made the mistake of purchasing this item and getting it replaced before reading the reviews on it. It was an impulse buy that I thought would be good for making keepsakes with my children, instead it was a complete waste of money and time. BOTH ink pads I received were almost completely dried out and wouldn't even show up on plain white paper. It is beyond me why this is even being sold to anyone.
on August 10, 2016
I bought this item to create a Mother's day gift for my wife. The product was easy to use and easy to clean off of the baby's hands. We have triplet boys, so they can be a handful when trying to do any kind of activity like this with them. I found this item to be so easy to use and now we have a keepsake that will last a lifetime. I would recommend this for any parent trying capture hand or footprints to create a lasting memory of their little ones. I don't give out too many 5 star ratings, but this product definitely earned it!
on June 6, 2012
I purchased this ink and Baby Safe Ink Print Kit - Basic. This product is the usual sponge ink pad while the latter is pure gel ink on a plastic plate. This ink was easy to apply to baby's hands, but the pad was very dry when we received it, and I had to moisten it to get sufficient ink coverage. The impression was a mid-grey, rather than black, and it looks like it would wear relatively quickly. On the plus side, it was very easy to remove from my baby's hands, unlike the other ink. If you're looking for a forever keepsake, go with the other ink print kit. If you're looking for ink for a craft project, this would work nicely (after a little water doctoring).
on July 6, 2015
This purchase has been great for getting footprints for baby's keepsake book. The ink goes on easily and comes off just as easy with a baby wipe. I get a good print but you have to get a couple layers of ink on the foot to make it work well. Hands haven't worked out yet as baby just clinches them up into fists when I try to press them against the pad, but I hope one day to get them.
on July 25, 2016
These stamp pads work ok, but give a very light print. The ink does come off of babies hands and feet easily during clean up which is great. I think that I would prefer getting a regular ink pad or even paint to get a nice dark print.

See 1 answered question