- File Size: 513 KB
- Print Length: 83 pages
- Publication Date: December 3, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DRGTLKY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#12,942 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #10 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Self-Help
- #12 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self-Help
- #13 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women's Christian Living
The Proverbs 31 Project Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The author recommends that the book be a year-long experience, but the book isn't really formatted to accommodate that. At first, the reader has something to read every day, even if it is just a verse accompanied by blank spaces. (I'm not sure if this was hard copy first and just auto-translated into Kindle format, but it made zero sense to me that there were pages and pages of blank numbered lines. In a hard copy, one might have used those spaces for the recommended purpose of writing down things you liked about yourself. But since that's not practical in a Kindle copy, why were these pages included?)
After the first month or so, however, there's nothing to read again until the start of each new month, which seems counter-productive to continuity and encouraging new habits. I didn't find the writing to be deeply engaging, thought-provoking, or amusing. I also was surprised by how shallow it was. I don't mean that as an insult, but the statements were very much face-value, without backup or deeper reflection and not particularly well suited to life application.
Finally, I didn't feel as though the book properly addressed the subject of a Proverbs 31 woman. While the verse gave loose form and organization to the book, it was more a device to link the collection of self-help/ pop-psychology tips into a book than it was source material for study or self-improvement.
She gives very doable task evey month that are only hard if you make them be that way, I cant wait until the year is over so that I can come and write a review of all the changes in my life.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Helpful good advice would tell others about this experience this gift had expanded my ability to read more than beforePublished 2 months ago by David Hill
so informative and helpful in daily living. Can be referred to over and overPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
This book is not so much of a book as it is a project. I was expecting to be reading daily, however I was not disappointed when I discovered I would be doing more writing than... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Brianne Provenzale
I would give it 5 because I like the content, but it's a workbook and you NEED to be able to print and write in it for the actually learning and growth to take place. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Stacey N.
This was a great concept in theory, but the book shared little about learning to be a woman of God. All of the advice seemed worldly and shallow. Read morePublished 5 months ago
This book was free, which is good. I wouldn't have paid money for it. First, the formatting is strange. Read morePublished 5 months ago by L. Braun
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self Help
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women's Issues
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Women's Christian Living
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Motivational