Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on February 15, 2014
This is the first scroll saw I've owned. I wanted one for cutting small parts from various materials and it hasn't let me down. The blade change is kind of a hassle until you get the hang of it. I'm more than satisfied with it so far.
on September 22, 2013
Seems a good little contraption. Got this to make little toy items. The scroll blade though is hard to put on and I'm never sure I have it on right. I wish there were some clear instructions about how the blade attaches.
on July 31, 2015
This saw is perfect for wooden ship model building which is my intended purpose. The saw is quiet vibration free and powerful.
on May 23, 2014
It seems good for the $. Changing the blades is a little funky. I bought it for cutting sheet metal, it does pretty good.I wish there was more adjustments for the blades.
on November 22, 2012
I've had this "tool" for over a year now. I noticed it last night while organizing my workshop and thought i would cut some brass figures. after some fumbling with blade retention clips, i finally removed the "blade". another tedious 20 minutes trying to install the new "blade" and i banished this item to the highest darkest shelf in my shop! shop! Pro's: inexpensive, portable, small footprint. Con's: blades too small/ expensive, drive gears plastic.
on July 13, 2010
The Proxxon scroll saw is a wonderful tool for detailed work on jewelry and other physically small projects. I use it to initially shape wax forms to be cast. It does a great job. With the blade cut to the shortest length, it can be precisely controlled.

I agree with a previous reviewer that cited the extremely poor instructions.

Blade changing is a bit unorthodox but with practice it's passable. It's very important to install the blade so that it makes contact with roller guide. Also, as recommended in the instructions, cutting the blade to shortest possible length greatly improves accuracy. The blades are easily cut to size with normal medium-duty wire cutters.

I was surprised to find that the unit included crosscut and rip guides. These have proven to be very useful assets.

The saw is very well made for a relatively inexpensive item. If you are doing model level work, I highly recommend this saw. However, if you are into large-scale projects, it's not the tool for you.
on April 9, 2010
I really like this little saw!! I have a larger scroll saw but wanted something smaller and more useful to me in my model building activities. The Proxxon DS115/E fits the bill nicely. Be aware if you want to slice through 1 inch thick hardwood this isn't the saw for you. But, if you want to use it within the capabilities recommended by Proxxon it really shines. I've cut balsa up to 1/2" thick, 1/8" thick walnut and basswood, 1/16" various plastics and, with a jewelers saw blade, have cut templates from 1/16" aluminum. The capability of using shortened blades is a real plus. It is a bit slower in cutting than a larger saw (one that has more HP and stroke length) but that allows for the precision I wanted. Proxxon recommends mounting it to another board or the bench but I haven't found that necessary thus far. No scroll saw is great at ripping long parallel pieces and the Proxxon is no different (owners manual mentions this) - most don't have a rip fence even though the Proxxon does. When used within its capabilities this is a great little saw.
on October 9, 2013
The saw seems to be a nice little unit; seems well built and durable...But I would alert any potential buyers to check out their saw as soon as it arrives...The unit I received was obviously a refurbished item...Still had some sawdust in the cabinet! The work table was scratched and the on/off switch had obvious use...The included blades were in an envelope that had been opened...I returned the saw at once...Amazon was very apologetic and processed my refund instantly, but there is no excuse for sending out used products advertised as new...I have seen some comments in other reviews for other Proxxon products mentioning this same situation...I might try ordering the saw again, but once burned, etc....
on March 31, 2015
This small scroll saw is well made, and works well for ship models and other similar small scale work. Quality of the build is very good for the price. It would not be good for the larger scale work which is generally done with the larger, more heavily built, and more expensive scroll saws.
on August 14, 2009
The Proxxon scroll saw is very small but with big performance. I use it to cut exotic hardwoods and parts for ship models. I have used larger scroll saws and the Proxxon is the easiest to use and to setup. Did I mention price? And service? both receive 5 stars. If you are thinking of a scroll saw, The proxxon might be for you.