- "Ms Struthers has surpassed herself with this story and for me she is my mistress of all things paranormal." Sally
- "Full of foreboding twists and turns." Mr B
- "Well researched, accessible writing with a brilliant plot." Lesley Hughes
- "This is a subject matter which fascinates me and I can soon spot if an author is the real deal - and Shani is." Liz Nixon
- "It has that creepy scare factor to it that makes the imagination run wild in the dark!" Whovian
- "A stunningly unusual second book in the series. Brilliantly suspenseful and gripping." A Dawes
From the Inside Flap
"Darkenergies or entities that find their way into physical bodies are often sentwithout awareness, even though they are sent by humans. Others are sentintentionally to create harm and damage, their purpose to control andmanipulate or even punish the individual. If you seriously think the same thingthat affected Danny is now affecting you, we can safely assume it's the former,it's been sent to you unintentionally."
"Dannywas into Crowley, that book he had, those drawings he did," Corinna pointedout. "Clearly he was fascinated by thought forms, demons and the like."
"Hemay well have been into Crowley but that doesn't make him a bad person, just aninterested one," Ness replied. To Ruby, she said, "What was your impression ofDanny?"
"Erm,I've met him a couple of times. He's a nice bloke, a bit of a livewire after afew drinks but apart from that, okay. Cash, what about you? You know himbetter."
"He's a good bloke. He's Presley's bestfriend, not mine and yes, he's a bit wild at times. And just lately, drink's beena problem, but that doesn't make him evil either."
"No one's saying that," said Theo. "Despite having died in the 1940s, Crowley still hasmany devoted disciples and a lot of them genuinely believe him to be anenlightened soul and perhaps he is, it's a matter of opinion. Personally,however, I'm not a fan. And it's important to remember the man was prone toexaggeration, dangerous exaggeration.The thing is if you don't fully understand what you're getting involved with,if you don't have direction or another perspective to balance things out, it'seasy to run into trouble, which Danny clearly did. Trouble perhaps exacerbatedby the use of mind-altering substances." She paused for a moment before addingwryly, "Trouble that's rubbed off on us."
"Onme," Ruby corrected. "It's only rubbed off on me. You needn't get involved."
"Deargirl," Theo said, smiling gently, "you're not just our colleague, you're ourfriend and we're going to help you. On that subject, I think you'll find usquite immoveable."
Despitethe warmth of Theo's words, Ruby still felt cold inside.