Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on June 16, 2014
I found this to be an entertaining read but nowhere as revealing as I'd hoped. It seems Ms. Leigh wasn't on the set long enough to give us a complete portrait of what happened. The value of this book, to me, was Janet's discussions of the aftermath of the film and how that affected her. I walked away from this wanting more but, as a Psycho fan, this is a valuable book nonetheless.
on January 19, 2016
Bought this for my boyfriend for a Christmas present. He loved it!!
on May 14, 2014
I found it quite interesting about all the behind-the-scenes info and the way it was written was very easy to follow. My husband and I had just recently introduced our 16 year old to the magic of Hitchcock by watching "Pyscho". Needless to say she enjoyed the movie and I am hoping I can get her to read this very good and yet personal accounts of Janet Leigh's memories of that time with "Hitch".
Thanks for the prompt service and delivery! I was pleasantly surprised that it got here so fast!
on February 27, 2013
This is one of those types of books that fade away the moment one has reached the last page. I was hoping that it would have a wealth of stories of the making of this iconic movie but it was among the dullest books I've ever read. It took me all of a single day to read. It's fluff. The writing is really poor. I never got any incite into Hitchcock or the filmmaking process. I bought this just after watching the terrible Anthony Hopkins Hitchcock film and hoped the actual star of the film (well a quarter at least) would have something new to add. Nothing. I just tossed the book aside and regret wasting the money on the purchase. I should have tried to track it down at a library. It's waste of time regardless.
on May 19, 2000
As an admirer of the work of actress Janet Leigh and a fan of the director that was Hitchcock, it only seems fitting that someone with the know-how of Ms. Leigh could create a book that not only is a font of insights into the classic film that is "Psycho", but also a fitting tribute to the legend of Hitchcock.
With co-author Christopher Nickens, Ms. Leigh takes you through the various stages of events that made up the phenomenon of "Psycho". She takes you through the brainstorming of the picture, casting, the brilliant editing and photography that Hitchcock wanted to create with his film--everything you could ever want to know or had been curious about. With thorough research that included interviews with cast and crew members, and many photos, some from the personal collection of Ms. Leigh, the reader gets a sense of what creates a masterpiece that has reached such a cult status. Ironically enough, when the film first came out, it wasn't the critical success it is now.
For an admirer of the film itself, the work of Ms. Leigh or Mr. Hitchcock, or anyone with an interest in the art of movie making and what goes into creating a classic, this book has it all.