Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 564 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 589 reviews
on August 8, 2015
Very nice textbook. It suited me well in my college intro to psychology class and I was able to get it for a great price on amazon. I'm not too fond of the loose-leaf style as it's very easy to rip/damage the pages when they're in a binder, but it got through the semester without much problem. It was interesting to read, although I don't feel this text includes everything that's important to psychology.
on October 17, 2016
This book reads very well and it's extremely easy to remember facts, however all the citations appear at the end of every thought--which can be pretty annoying when you're reading a definition or fact and there's like, eight reference names/dates right in the middle of a sentence... Also, the main author frequently inserts her own beliefs and bias opinions into the text at times when she feels strongly about a topic, something that I found rather unnecessary and irrelevant; this is an educational book, personal opinions do not belong in the same paragraphs as nonbias information and examples.
on February 7, 2013
I have and am using this textbook for my general psychology course which lasts for two semesters. I love how this book uses research to explain certain theories and concepts in psychology. Also how they integrate the history of notable psychologists or professionals in the field of psychology. I greatly appreciate the end of section review quiz. I haven't fully utilized the end of chapter test/review but I definitely will. As a visual learner I benefit from the pictures of concepts and studies used. I also appreciate how the definitions are usually verbatim from the text, without extra information such as examples and further in depth explanations. Also how each chapter is divided into smaller headings and some of these headings are on the same sub subject within the chapter. The first chapter is useful tips to be successful readers using their techniques such as the SQR4 or some acronym for effective reading habits. This is a great textbook for someone thinking about majoring in psychology, because its a great way to be introduced to the subject. The writing is universal so that anyone can understand it, which is vital in a good textbook!
on March 12, 2014
I needed to rent this for my sister's class and found this was the PSYCH 101 book. She told me it got the job done, and the book overall helped with her studies. She returned it, and the process was very simple. Amazon gives you a label, and you just ship it back in the box you got it in.
on May 16, 2016
Working with kids, you have to take an awful lot of psychology classes. (But it isn't awful, really!)
Honestly all of the psychology books that I have ever purchased has helped me out in multiple psychology courses! But this one in particular was extremely helpful. I keep all my psychology books to look back on.
on August 31, 2015
I got the kindle version. The first bad thing about it is that you must buy instead of renting it. It's too expensive because other websites sell this etextbook as only about half of the price on Amazon. The main problem is the kindle app doesn't support video playing. There're a lot of videos and interactive sections in this book, but they're all displayed as screenshot! This is ridiculous.
on November 19, 2015
This is a really good intro to psychology book. It effectively covered the various topics in psychology, supported with statistics and case studies. I would recommend this textbook. The only problem I found was that the pages were at times a little too busy for my taste, however I believe that might have been to make things more interesting. This is a paperback version which has its pros and cons. But it is a great textbook. I had to get one for class
on June 10, 2017
Works as advertised. Thank you!
on September 9, 2013
I ordered this item brand new, directly from Amazon. It was delivered fine. However, it had a sticker on the back labeling it as 'NEW'. The cover was creased and beat up, and it did not have the card enclosed with the item including the online code (which it was supposed to have). If I wanted to get a second rate book, I would have saved myself the money and ordered a used one vs. purchasing a second rate book, being passed off as new.
on August 24, 2016
Product true to its word, no visible markings and Access Card appears brand new and unopened. Thank you for the quick shipment, as it arrived earlier than stated. Very satisfied with my purchase!