- Actors: Carmine Capobianco, Debi Thibeault, Frank Stewart, Cecelia Wilde, Donna Davidge
- Directors: Gorman Bechard
- Format: Full Screen, NTSC, Subtitled, Surround Sound
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Number of discs: 2
- Rated: RestrictedR
- Studio: Vinegar Syndrome
- DVD Release Date: September 26, 2017
- Run Time: 86 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- ASIN: B074QVQ4K1
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #48,693 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Psychos in Love
Blu-ray + DVD Combo
DVD + Blu-ray
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Vinegar Syndrome specializes in the masterful restoration and distribution of cult, horror, and erotic films from the 1960s-90s.
Joe (Carmine Capobianco) runs a strip club and Kate (Debi Thibeault) is an attractive young manicurist. After bonding over their mutual dislike of grapes, they discover another commonality: both of them are bloodthirsty serial killers. As they begin to balance their obsession with murder and each other, they meet Herman (Frank Stewart), a cannibal who, upon discovering their bloodlust, attempts to lure them into killing as a means to satisfy his craving for human flesh!
Bloody and hilarious, Gorman Bechard's PSYCHOS IN LOVE is an absurd, home grown horror-comedy, which alternates between gratuitous killing scenes and self-aware parody of romantic comedies. Vinegar Syndrome presents this lurid classic in a fresh 2k restoration from its 16mm original camera negative.
1. Newly scanned and restored in 2k from the 16mm original camera negative
2. Commentary track with: Gorman Bechard (writer/producer/director) and Carmine Capobianco (writer/actor/music)
3. Commentary track with: Gorman Bechard
4. "Directing the Psychos" - Interview with Gorman Bechard
5. "Playing a Psycho" - Interview with Carmine Capobianco
6. "Discussing Psychos" - with Gorman Bechard & Carmine Capobianco
7. "Making Psychos" - Making-of featurette
8. Director's introduction
9. Carmine Capobianco Q&A from Cinema Wasteland 2016
10. Original trailer
11. Behind the scenes photo gallery
12. Promotional image gallery
13. Rough edit outtakes & extended scenes
14. Alternate opening credit sequence
15. Highlights from the "Psychos in Love" stageplay
16. Four short films directed by Gorman Bechard
17. Booklet with essays by Art Ettinger & Matt Desiderio
18. Original cover artwork by Derek Gabryszak
19. Reversible cover artwork
20. English SDH Subtitles
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I now live in a small space. I don't have much room for new books or movies so i give away the stuff I don't like. This, though? I'm keeping. It's not always perfect, but on the whole I got a great laugh out of it. Also, the cheesy music is part of what makes it so funny, imo.
What I found to be the most fun part of Psychos in Love is its eagerness to call attention to its low budget and lack of talent behind the camera. One sequence has a character angrily pushing away a boom mic that’s sunken into frame. The titular psychos argue over the scene number of an earlier plot point. And in a complete break of the fourth wall, a murder scene culminates with the camera turning to the special effects crew, pumping tubes of fake blood with reckless abandon.